Trail eater

its been a little quiet in here

hey guys and gals,

its been real quiet (almost boring in here) so I thought I would get a jist of what people are doing this weekend, where are ya riding.
    Im not riding at all for a while since I smashed my tailbone real hard against my seat the other weekend. Going too fast over a big log and got airbourne and well the rest you can figure out. I forgotten how important it was not to have bloody sore tailbone
    It kills me in this beautiful weather not to be able to go out and rip it up.

enjoy folks

electric
    Climb like a goat, descend like a banshee

mtbr member
    u could just wear a pamper under shorts for extra padding...

I am that guy...
    I was just talking to my buddy about that. I really want to check out Frick Park or Hartwood Acres in Pittsburgh....niether of which I have ridden before...

Trail eater
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkeith
    u could just wear a pamper under shorts for extra padding...
    surprisingly enough bigkeith I think it still wouldnt help. Maybe I could just pedal standing up the whole time

have you fixed your bike bigkeith?

Trail eater
    I've been to but never ridden in Pittsburg. What are the trails like out there?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    i'm thinking a nice long road ride on sat and may hit the wiss on sunday morning.

keith - sorry we didn't hook back up last night but was good seeing ya.

I am that guy...
    What I hear about frick and hartwood is that they are killer!

Also, if you don't ride with someone who had been there before, you won't find much.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by electric mustard
    hey guys and gals,

its been real quiet (almost boring in here) so I thought I would get a jist of what people are doing this weekend, where are ya riding.
    Dunno what we're doing this weekend. Was some talk earlier in the week about camping at French Creek, but I'm still trying to get caught up 'round the house after being away last weekend & earlier this week.

Might take the motorcycle out and ride down to the shore. Haven't been there in years! Failing that, I've got no real plans other than tearing down the Cove and rebuilding. It's in dire need of some TLC, thanks to all the rain (and several months of neglect! )

Sorry 'bout your busted arse...
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

Trail eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick

Sorry 'bout your busted arse...
    I hope to god its not busted, seriously considering getting an X-ray next week. I will see how I oull up over the weekend.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    damn mang sorry to hear about the injury.

i am off the bike this weekend too unless i bring the roadie down to cape may with me. anyone know any good loops down that way?

i think i'll just swim relax and watch the tour though... fair hill race is the weekend after and i might just be racing endurance. should be fun to see the looks i get lining up with those freaks on a rigid singlespeed.

VMB
    Anyone interested in riding near Tamaqua? (Locust Lake) Morning start about 8 am??? Takers?

mtbr member

I have class tomorrow

i hate school. On another note the ON-One is back on the trails, good as new.

no problem Lance the Midget was ready to go anyway.

My car needs a new transy do i will be local.

my church is the woods
    I'll be riding Gretna saturday and sunday morning. If anyone wants a guided ride of the best of Mt. Gretna and/or pumping station near Brickerville, let me know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill
    fair hill race is the weekend after and i might just be racing endurance. should be fun to see the looks i get lining up with those freaks on a rigid singlespeed.
    there were a few peeps doing the enduro on a SS at marysville so you won't be alone. i'm not quite ready for that challange yet so it will be the NRS for me.

EDIT:
    just checked the MASS site and there is no enduro at fair hill. the next enduro is harve de grace.
    Last edited by lanceh; 07-07-2006 at 12:48 PM.

Freshly Fujified

Hoping to get out tomorrow.

I need to dial in my drivetrain on the Ibex, but I'm hoping to take it out to Valley Forge tomorrow just to get some exercise. The Leader is down until I get new springs and seals installed. never did finish the job when I was changing the oil as i gut a but flustered when I broke the heads on the footnuts trying to remove them. Looks like Bean's is gonna get $60.00 outta my pocket. Hoping to get it out on the trail on a mid-week ride the week of the 17th.

Sorry to hear about the busted arse too. Gotta be painful. Almost as bad as that endo vid. Touchy areas of the body you guys bikes seem to like making contact with.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    road riding....need some mileage

mtbr member
    got up heavy early this morning and rode a new single track trail in Moraine State Park thats accessible from my house.... looks like its mostly used by horse riders, but not torn up to bad. exploring new terrritory as I'm getting bored riding dirt roads for exercise. Maybe this will be the weekend were I find the time to ride the Moraine mtb trail....

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkies
    Anyone interested in riding near Tamaqua? (Locust Lake) Morning start about 8 am??? Takers?
    I am down for a ride tomorrow morning. 8am is perfect, as long as I can be home in Hazleton for 10am. I have never riden the Locust Lake Trails. What are they like? The only trails I have riden in Tamaqua were the Bungalow Trails. I could meet you somewhere on rt309 near Tamaqua, Hometown area or in Barnesville somewhere. Whatever is easier for you.

mtbr member
    KKie...do you know the trails in Tamaqua? I have a group that mey be interested in riding this Sunday Am. PM me FMD if Interested.
    Joe

VMB
    I feel bad about this but I'm not going to be able to do the Tamaqua ride tomorrow. We have more flood damage that needs to be cleaned up from the rains we had last week. I was hoping that I could get more accomplised today but will definitely need more time to get our summer place back in order. I've been itching to get up to the Tamaqa area and will make a definite date soon. Maybe the next non-race weekend??? Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.
    Apologies,
    Kris