mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Intermediate trails near Nemacolin

Hi,

I'm taking a trip to Nemacolin next weekend. I'm looking for some beginner to intermediate trails for Friday afternoon. any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm sure some one at the resort can give you some kinda map.There is a ton of hidden single track around the summit inn,and around that area,but I have never explored there myself,other than certain points of Ohiopyle.It's surprising there is not many riders that discuss this underated area.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    There is the Great Allegheny Passage trail in Ohiopyle, and about 4 Miles up the mountain from Ohiopyle there is a joint snowmobile trail/mountain bike trail which the name escapes me. They would have information about this at the ranger and information station in the park.

Nice no rass
    Quebec Run is minutes away. If you use the fire roads to go down in rather than the steep ST, it's easy riding around the bottom of the valley.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Lick hollow

Just a mile or 2 from Nemacolin is the Lick Hollow picnic area. This is located just off RT 40 near the Summit Inn. Make the left at the Laurel Cavern sign. There is a trailhead for the Whitetail trail. This is an appox 12 plus mile trail. I have yet to ride it but the district forestor says it is well suited for bikes. This trail goes from just off Rt 40 the whole way to Quebec Run. It should be suited for an intermediate ride. Pick up a trail map at the lick holow area or online from the DCNR website. Email me if you cannot find it..

Quebec run which is just down the road is awesome, but a little wet this time of year and definitely more than an intermediate ride from an endurance standpoint. 13 miles at QR feels like 30. I try to stay away early in the year.