24 88.89%
  • No

2 7.41%
  • I need to know more?

1 3.70%
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Interested in a freeride park in NEPA?

As you can see by the title of this thread I am trying to find out some information. Please let my know what you would want to see for the area at a freeride park with lift access. This information could help bring some great riding to our area. Thanks and ride it like you stole it. (But don't really steal a bike because that sucks)

40 oz to freedom
    Hell yeah I would. Freeride is so much fun!
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006
    There are suprisingly more people interested in freeriding in PA than I thought. I have had quite a few people get in contact with me, just in relation to the small things we have built at my place.

And all of us that ride the downhill are for the most lazy form of biking we can think of so lift access is perfect. I think there is definitly a chance for FR/DH in PA, which I didn't think could really happen. But when I have seen the "support" for my stuff, and the energy people put into helping out was always a cool thing to see.

If the park was built in an appropriate way, I think it could be a great venture to give a shot into.

Duffy

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The more places to ride the better! Bring it on man! Let the force be with you when you ride. NEPA is a great place to offer a park for freeriders. Check me in for a yes on this one. Ride to live and live to ride! OTEC
    Bring on the PARK!

mtbr member
    Are you reffering to Montage? Being you're from Archbald I'd assume that's what you're talking about. There's only one...ONE chairlift that goes from bottom-to-top. It's an 18 minute ride up. I know that "Sno" has plans to eventually put in HSQ's, but will that help with the small areas to build in-between the trees? There's not too much room to build as Sno doesn't own much more space outside the existing trails. Also keep in mind that there is also 2 that are "close" already. Within 1.5-2 hrs are Platty and Creek. Just something to consider...

mtbr member
    I was also under the assumption that you were refering to Sno Mtn.(Montage) when I first read this thread. I would love to see a freeride park in the area. Platty and Creek aren't that far away, but to ride at either of them you have to dedicate a day to it. It would be great to have a park nearby that you could go to for a few hours each day. I would certainly buy a seasons pass to something like this.

If you need any help starting this thing I would be willing to lend a hand any way I can. BTW I am from Archbald too, if you feel like building any teeters, drops, or other stunts in the vicinity let me know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

PA bike park

Keep this poll on top! Thats what she said I know! Anyone out there from PA wanting a freeride park in the backyard? Lay it down before every other state offers it and we are left in the dust. Ride till you bleed!