Thread: I miss my Beast

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

I miss my Beast

OK this may be a little off the cuff here, and I know that I will probably never ever see this bike again, but a few years back (at least 5 now) it was stolen from me in the Ephrata / Denver (Lancaster County) area. I have since moved on to different bikes, but would love to someday get my beloved Beast back. It was my first real mountain bike and I loved it. If by some extremely remote chance this bike has been seen anywhere, or possibly owned by anyone on this forum in the Lancaster County area, or somebody may possibly know the whereabouts of it that would be totally amazing. This is a bike that is not seen every day for sure, but I thought I'd at least give it a shot just in case... It looked exactly like this photo when it was stolen, including the yellow tires, bar ends and the Magura Hydraulic brakes. It may have had a Shirks sticker on it as well because that is where it was originally purchased. I would be willing to purchase this bike or give a reward for it's safe return with absolutely no questions asked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Nice- I haven't seen one of those in the wild in years! Good luck on your quest- Ill keep an ear to the ground in the LV area for you.

master blaster
    one came in the shop just the other day for a new headset. maguras will still working tits up after being in storage all this time
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hey Lugi I work with two people that still have there proflex but not like the picture you have posted both are red, the front fork is so different looking that is what caught my eye if you want I can ask them if they want to unload them,see you at Mt Penn this sunday morning if it does not rain

hithard
    I saw one in Ringwood, New Jersey about 3 weeks ago. He was movin to.
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    I sold my
    857 not too long ago... in the process of trying to find out it's worth, thought that the guys at Shirk's said that they had a Beast there not too long ago as it fetched around $400...
    Can't quite remember the details but you may want to drop in. Maybe could find something out. I just remember them saying, "Well that one may have went higher than you're going to get for yours as it had Maguras."
    Could be a lead.
    Hope that this helps.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks a lot, I just may check into that...