mtbr member

Hunting French Creek

Anybody have the skinny on huntinig at French Creek - is there any hunting in areas where the trails are? I remember seeing some no hunting signs along the trails when I'm up there, but don't know if some of the trails cross land open to hunting.

the trails I am asking about are the loops above the lakes (yellow, blue, green) Not the red across 345. I think its bow season right now and rifle isn't too far off, so wanted to know if its going to be a sunday destination during the seasons or not. Any info is appreciated (I checked the website and couldn't find anything on where it is and isn't permited other than a reference to state game land 46 and the public range). Gracias.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member

idiot

Never mind I found a map that designates hunting areas.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Some of the trails do wind in and out of hunting permitted areas (as your map shows), but I've never had any problems with hunters there. In fact, I've found most are grateful for the diversion!
    Lance who?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by justriding
    Never mind I found a map that designates hunting areas.
    Be careful in the no hunting areas. They're not really "no hunting", they're "restricted hunting". They restrict what types of weapons you're allowed to use while hunting. There've been times when I see way more hunters then bikers.