Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)

Hubbard to Merli

I am curious to know if there are any trails that (could?) connect Hubbard to Merli? Even if there had to be some road riding, that would be ok. Me and some of my buddies plan on riding both of these places this weekend. Linking them together would be nice.

Tom

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tturbotom
    I am curious to know if there are any trails that (could?) connect Hubbard to Merli? Even if there had to be some road riding, that would be ok. Me and some of my buddies plan on riding both of these places this weekend. Linking them together would be nice.

Tom
    [SIZE="2"] Then from Merli to Prompton and back to Hazelton through the Lofty TUNNEL...lol

Yes that is possible and done before. Email Johnny G.Mtnbiker18447@aol.com

How about Campbells Ledge to Hubbard Done before also, better have a full day though...

How about from Hazelton to Mt Top? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

We are going to do Slocum, Hubbard and Merli in one day. That would take a serious athlete to ride between all three places. I don't think I could even pull that off in my dreams. :-)

Good job!

We are going to do Slocum, Hubbard and Merli in one day. That would take a serious athlete to ride between all three places. I don't think I could even pull that off in my dreams. :-)
    [SIZE="2"]Tom:

It is possible to ride from Frances Slocum to Hubbard on trails only using roads where it is needed to cross stuff like rivers.. When do you wanna do it?
    [/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

I am not sure if we are riding on Saturday or Sunday. I sent a message to Johnny G. for more info. Looking at the map I guess it will be about 16 miles from Hubbard to Merli and back, plus whatever trails we ride at both locations. I need to check with the guys (Steve and Johnny V) to see if this is something they want to tackle.

mtbr member
    After Carey Mtn. it's up 107 till you see the signs for Takaches Grove. Take the right and it's another 3-4 miles of road. There's a way to link Hubbard, Myers and Carey together, but after that, it's just road. The next mtn shoots up really steep with a ton of no trespassing signs and only one or two jeep trails that look like they weren't used in years. We've never tried to get over that way and explore though. Fahn

We (Johhny, Steve and Myself) managed to ride Hubbard and Merli today. We ran out of time and energy to ride Slocum. Hubbard was a good time, and Johhny V did the skinny. WOOHOO. Then we drove to Merli and good thing we did, more on that later. When we arrived we happened to meet Pete. He was kind enough to show us some trails. We rode Squeezeplay, HandleBar Trail (I think), and HR280 (including the shortcut). HR280 was murder. It was crazy fun on the way down but the way up was more like 380. We parted ways with Pete shortly after HR280 and finished up with My Brothers Trail and more of the Orange/Red Trail that led us to the lake. All in all it was a good day. We look forward to riding more of the Merli Trails. Thanks again Pete for the tour.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

My brother's trial

One interesting note: My Brother's Trial is named for Pete. His brother Gene built most of the trails at Merli and named this one for his brother Pete.It's guys like Gene and Pete who have Merli the MTB mecca it is. next time you see either one; thank them.

Tom
    Here ya go Tom! Ride it!

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...X=70&Y=718&W=1
    proformance58@cs.com