mtbr member

Hubbard Jeff Lenosky/Giant/Sicklers Ride

The Crew at Hubbard as well as Jay and the Sicklers Team put on a very nice event today in NEPA. Giant sponsored rider Jeff Lenosky put on a trials demonstration and took a trail ride with local riders. All I can say is that his riding is incredible...to see it up close...amazing! Super weather and a great group of riders turned out to really make it a bonus day! Here are a couple of pictures....maybe someone else out there got some shots today too...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    [SIZE=2]Jeff:

GREAT PICS!............again!

It was good for me to see Jeff Lenosky again. I know he liked the Trails at Hubbard. I hope we can have him back for a ride when he's not doing a show. I know he wanted to ride more...

I left you a mesage in the old 70 degree day post!

Hey Where's this Hubbard place? How do I get there? Is it near Wilkes Barre?
    Just kidding.... great to see you again!

"HUBBARD ROCKS" especially with Friends!

Ride More!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member

Saw your note about cleaning the rock...

Brian and Mike can really ride...they are aspiring trials guys...We call Mike "Old School" because he always rides in jeans, workboots, and tee shirt or mid winter a orange or grey hoodie sweatshirt. Audrey ripped today on the trails...she was always staying up with the ride leader(Jack on the 29 Cannondale). Got to get to LSP with Salli though...practice , practice , practice...have fun fishing tomorrow. Ride On!

mtbr member
    I had an absoloute blast today! Those trails are incredible up there, and I would like to publicly thank everyone who put in the effort to make Hubbard what it is. Great people, great times. Thanks for the kind words, Jeff, but I couldn't seem to clean ANY section today - but had fun anyway.....maybe it was because I accidentally wore my sneakers instead of my work boots. Ride on!!! Mike

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

good times

Spent the whole day there. Hubbard is a great atmosphere. I think I am more perspiring than aspiring though . Some day I'll have that bike under control. Mike witnessed a gracefull endo of mine. Ride On...

mtbr member

Great time!

Jeff - Great photos as usual. I would like to thank everyone involved in putting this event together. It truly was a great trials demo and thanks goes to all that helped arrange this event.

In addition to the trials demo, the rides were a lot of fun. Jeff, I got a chance to ride with your friends, Brian and Mike. After I took a wrong turn (now remember...I'm the local guy that supposedly knows the trails!!!), Laura, Roz and I took the long way around and met Lee, Brian, Mike and others on the new advanced trails designed by Aceman, Jay & Dan. They happened to be taking action photos on this new trail when I proceded to crash hard a little too close to the edge of the cliff. Brian and Mike were nice enough to put the camera down and help a fallen rider. Thanks guys!!! Then, we went to the "skinny log ride" and I bragged "today was the first time I cleaned the log ride". So I proceded to ride it in front of an audience. First time...fell off in a few feet; second time....same thing; third...no luck; fourth...a little farther but same end result; fifth...I'm sure you get the picture now!!!! We continued to ride a variety of trails on the mtn and finished the ride descending Big Tree Trail. I had a blast riding with other awesome riders from down-the-line. Hopefully, we'll ride again soon.

All-in-all it was a great day with great friends!

mtbr member
    Scott, Thanks again for helping us get around, and showing us Big Tree. I'm still kicking myself for putting down the camera instead of using it to photograph your precarious position on the cliff, though. You guys were a blast to ride with!

Also, thanks goes out to Lee for showing us around initially. I'm glad you had the patience to wait for us to play around on the rocks and take some pics. For me, it's much more about enjoying the trail rather than the GO! GO! GO! racer mentality.

And Brian, how about posting some of those pics?

Ride on! Mike

mtbr member

Here are a couple more pictures....

Scott and Laura took some of these too. Some more of the Hubbard crew enjoying the day. Also my favorite Jeff Lenosky move...the backwards spin dismount from elevation....

mtbr member
    Jeff, I wish I went out with you guys, but the DH bike killed me with 2 paved road climbs and circling around the new Advanced Trail sections.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

a few shots

Here are a few of the shots I took.

mtbr member
    I was fortunate enough to stop by and see the show, and check out the place(I'm the guy with the dogs and the purple EWR Eastern Woods Research). I was really impressed with all the people I met. You are a great group of people, and it was a pleasure to meet you all. Unfortunately, I am in the Philly area and making it up for a Thursday night ride isn't too likely, but if any of you make it to philly, be sure to look me up. Be happy to show you my playground.

Thanks for having me up!

Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member

Eastern Woods Research...................

I saw you pull in with that EWR. At the first show Jeff Lenosky told a story how Jay from Sickers was his first sponsor. I think he said that Jay stripped out a bottom bracket shell by threading it in backwards and after that gave the bike to Jeff L. as his first sponsored rider. I am wondering if that was a Eastern Woods Research also??? Hubbard is a blast, ride on!

mtbr member

Some more snaps of the day........

Aceman and Bwillsie, nice pictures, thanks for posting them to be viewed by all. The new trails in those pictures look great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Jeff, yes that was an EWR frame that I made for Jeff. I used to work a regular job then go and build frames at night. I actually somehow placed the BB in the frame fixture backwards prior to welding -- oops. Found out upon delivery when we were assembling his bike on his car rack as we were going riding later that day. Ever been to Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall, PA? The rocks out front at the entrance were a great place to ride. Jeff won his first NORBA National Trials Pro Championship title on that thing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

riding area

I am new to this area and was wondering where these pics were taken and where is this Hubbard? I live outside of Hazleton but work in the WB area.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 64mtnbiker
    I am new to this area and was wondering where these pics were taken and where is this Hubbard? I live outside of Hazleton but work in the WB area.
    Yes, they were taken at Hubbard http://www.hubbardbicycleclub.com

Hubbard is about 8 miles from downtown Scranton, located in Justus. Pa. You can find all the info you need on the website.

PM me NEPMTBA if you want to ride at Frances Slocom or 7 Tubs
    PM Jeffskismontana if you want to ride Mt Top
    PM Tturbotom if you want to ride Hazelton, Jim Thorpe

See ya on the trail
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 10-31-2007 at 08:10 AM.

mtbr member

Welcome To NEPA....this is a .................

Quote Originally Posted by 64mtnbiker
    Mountain Biking Mecca...not kidding. Within an hours drive of WB there is an amazing amount of riding. Not sure where your moving from but the terrain is generally rocky and hilly. Some newcomers to the sport and area drop out quickly because of the terrain...but if you take some time to get used to it you will be in nirvana. Ride On!

mtbr member

NanerPudin'.....

.....Jeff Lenosky on his Giant STP....my daughter and I got autographed posters from Jeff Lenosky after the show.

Did you ever have ham?

Hubbard Jeff Lenosky/Giant/Sicklers Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    .....Jeff Lenosky on his Giant STP....my daughter and I got autographed posters from Jeff Lenosky after the show.
    Wow, that must have been an incredible show! I love watching that stuff!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Jeff's a great guy...

And a fantastic trials rider, we hung around a lot at JJs and Motorama, speaking of Motorama it's coming up in February and I'm sure another friend will be riding bicycle trials there, seven time national champ, Mike Steidley! Check him out if you visit Motorama.

http://www.mikested.com/mikested.com/Home.html

Gives me PEACE of mine
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    Thanks for sharing.Great pics, looks like a good time. I here he's a cool guy.