mtbr member

"Hubbard Bike Club- No typical Thursday"

Well, about 2 years ago, Maureen Mcguigan started to film up at Hubbard Bike Club and do interviews with some of us about how Hubbard started and the surrounding areas that we ride in NEPA. Sunday was the viewing of the film at "Da U". We had over 70 people show up for the film. It's 55 minutes of fun.

Paul on the unicycle, Brent wheeling and ending up on his asss laughing, my crash on "the wooden cross", interviews with a psychologist, local historian explaining the coal mining and local geology, riding in general, biking history from Tom Jones, coming up with trail names, the social aspect of post ride, the dinners John and Karen cook for us, the hospitality... It's a great vid altogether.

There's still some 30 or so DVD's if anyone is interested. We'll have them at the barn and the leftovers will go to the LBS's possibly. A portion of the $15 goes to the Hubbard trail fund. We use that money specifically for universal tools that we take with us to Merli, Prompton, LSP, Moosic and Hubbard to maintain and build the local trail network.

Unfortunately, I can't remember everyone who was involved, but...

A very special thanks to John, Karen, Josh and Jenna for welcoming us every week to their place.
    Maureen and her team for coming up with the idea, putting up with us, filming us, and making such a great documentary of our local bike cult. Hopefully we'll meet more and more riders in the coming years.
    Bob Ide from The Great Outdoor show for sharing some of his footage of his many times up Hubbard.

Ttyl, Fahn

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    That's very cool. I have a probably vain hope to make it out Thursday coming, hope I can pick up one the DVDs then.