mtbr member

How well do Salisbury and Jacobsburg drain?

Was considering going to one or both on Wednesday and/or Thursday this week. But the entire mid atlantic/northeast is pretty much getting soaked right now. Salisbury looks pretty rocky from what I can tell though, and in my experience rocky trails tend to drain really fast. Any advice on these systems is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Then again I guess they might freeze up some after today.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    In my experience, neither of those places drain well. Salisbury probably drains better than Jacobsburg, but less folks will be concerned about f-ing up the J-burg trails. They're pretty f'd already by the equestrians and trail sterilization crews. Sals is a nice ride, and the locals work hard to keep it that way. Either place will be fine after a deep freeze.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yeah, please refrain from Sals for a little while. The soil is mostly clay and it will get rutted up badly if ridden right now. Same with J-burg -- soft as **** and not so much fun or good for anything.

mtbr member
    Go surf www.bikevmb.com they usually have a trail condition thread which is on the money
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt_merchant
    Go surf www.bikevmb.com they usually have a trail condition thread which is on the money
    Yeah, I made a post there last night, but the activity on their boards seems pretty low to me. Maybe its the season. I guess if you live in the Poconoes you are more concerned with slope conditions at this time of year.

I was really holding out hope that the trails might be frozen or dry enough to ride on by tomorrow afternoon. But I don't want to mess with bringing my bike and gear if its just going to be slop.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Rode some of Broad Mtn last Thursday. The South side is nice dry and fast. Everything north of the main fireline that runs along the mtn had one to two inches of mostly ice. Rode from town to the American Standard. Bailed on heading to Deer Path and Pine Tar to the Gorge and just went back down 93. Maybe this latest storm and warm weather got all the ice and snow. ?