Thread: Hidden Valley?

Nice no rass

Hidden Valley?

I'm sure Drnich knows the scoop if there's anything to know...

Rumor was they were putting a rental fleet in. Still happening? Any plans to revitalize the XC trails that got destroyed in the logging?

What's the word on the ridge?

Nice no rass
    To answer my own post, I just made a call to my friend that runs the Shop at HV and got some good news.

46 Norcos for a rental fleet are in and the trails are being cleaned up as well as bridges being built. Looks like the trail system up here is going to get bigger and better.

Bike shop should be open June 1st.

I think I'll have to go there next Saturday and check out the trails.

mtbr member
    cool, keep us posted. hopefully hidden valley will get serious about mtb'ing like they used to be.

Nice no rass
    I'd say the purchase of Norco Wolverines makes a little bit of a statement. Bringing a boutique brand in rather than a mainstream brand that would be cheaper tells me they are willing to spend to do things right. Hopefully that's the case anyway. We'll see. I'm just psyched for some new terrain.

Life is Good
    My friend and riding buddy hyped me up on Hidden Valley in the Summer of 2005 as he had ridden and raced there multiple times. We planned a trip and made it out there to find the course and trails logged and destroyed. Major bummer. If you do visit, please report on the conditions of the trails. I'd love to get out there and see it in a rideable state.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Good news.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We went there in 1995 for our honeymooon, rented bikes and rode a bunch of trails. We had a blast!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Which Hidden Valley are you all discussing?? I know of a few areas that go by that name and curious what county/location........................

Nice no rass
    Hidden Valley, PA Somerset County.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I am interested in this since that is only 20 minutes or so from my house. Where can I get trail info at?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hidden Valley is back on the biking map. Most of the trails that were destroyed w/ logging operations have been reopened (ie race loop,salamander). The trail behind the sports club has been maintained and a new bridge put in. A few new trails have been built. I went out exploring earlier in the week and rode for over an hour.

It is nice to sit back and see trails being built and maintained by a PAID staff.

Too Ras,
    Give me a hollar when you want to come over. Hopefully I will have a nice loop worked out.
    John

Nice no rass
    I was planning on checking it out today, but the weather is not cooperating. Maybe next weekend.

mtbr member
    were exactly are the trailheads up there? do you park in the same lot near the lodge that you use for skiing? i've often wanted to go check them out, but never really knew how many trails there were and if they were worth it. is there enough for a 3-4 hr ride? mostly singletrack or is it more fireroads/cross country ski trails? lastly, do you pay a fee to use them? im in plum so i want to find this out before the hr ride up the turnpike. thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yes,let's here more about these new trails,and what existed before.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I rode my motorcycle up yesterday, but wasn't really sure where the trail head was. As I said I am very interested since I am close. I am getting bored riding my bike on the roads, lol.

Maybe if one of you guys who knows the area could post when you will be there riding we could meet just to show me the trails. I wouldn't expect to ride with anyone since I am new and don't want to hold anyone back.

Nice no rass
    So the word is the trails are nearly done. They want riders to come out and ride the trails in.

Also, there are plans to make some sort of free ride bike terrain park this Summer. Looking forward to seeing that. Apparently, it won't be lift served, but there will be shuttles.

Nice no rass
    Well, we rode HV yesterday morning for the first time. Major disappointment. The reclamation of the old singletrack is nothing more than taking a weedeater to the logging access trails. A trail network of 10' wide grass trails. Nothing technical, no logs, nothing. What little (very little) ST was made is built incorrectly. It's already heavily eroded and likely will be destroyed the end of Summer. Both trails we found run straight in the fall line of the hill and are now basically storm ditches.

I hope they get some one in there quick that knows MTB'ing and trail building or that beautiful fleet of Norcos will be paperweights.

Uphill? What's that
    I ran into the trail builder for HV on the 7 Springs gravity trail on Saturday.
    He said they have been busy building northshore type stunts, did you see any.

Nice no rass
    They have started some of that. There's a huge wooden double in the parking lot. I think most of the free ride area is still in the planning stages.

Uphill? What's that
    The Builder told me that they were looking to get things going in early July. It will be interesting to see if they can get enough done to attract riders from the area.