mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Hey from West Chester!

hey guys/gals,

i'm a new guy here... just transfered down to west chester university and have been riding the few mountain trails we have by the campus...

i used to race road and track (velodrome), I'm originally from the Lehigh Valley. I got out of the bicycle scene after I quit racing in 2005. I got into motorcycles and have been into sportbikes... but since i've been commuting back and forth to college on my bicycle, I'm slowly going back to my roots...

I have my beater haro mt. bike down here... I could use a few parts if anyone has anything laying around locally...

- a set of 9/16 pedals (platform preferred)
    - crankset with chainrings (scrapped, looks like crud, whatever... i have an acera crankset right now and i've pretty much bent all the chainrings, which are not removable on the acera stuff...)

~mikeym

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i guess nobody lives in WC ay? Not even a "hey how you doing"

Maybe I should stick to motorcycles and my cycle forums....

~mikeym

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    You asked for parts. Apparently nobody has them. Had you asked to meet up and ride, or meet up and drink beer, or meet up and do some motorcycle riding (I've got a supermoto), then you might've gotten more responses.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    You asked for parts. Apparently nobody has them. Had you asked to meet up and ride, or meet up and drink beer, or meet up and do some motorcycle riding (I've got a supermoto), then you might've gotten more responses.
    Its cool... what kind of supermoto do you have? I'm in the sportbike scene but would like to get a supermoto sometime... I started on a dual sport... I've taken some trips down to Deals Gap (tail of the dragon) in N.C./Tennessee and the supermotos own the curves up there...

I'm a member of the CSBA... website here... i'm in the allentown chapter and don't have my bike down here... www.christiansportbike.com

Check out www.sportbikes.net for some local wc rides (if you don't mind riding with sportbikers)

~mikeym

W.M.A.
    hey...

the mtb scene in the WC/d-town area is pretty strong...

there are many group ride in d-town various nights of the week. hitting either east bradford trails (old sonoco) or marsh creek.

i used to post our wednesday night ride on here all the time. now its gotten to the point were so enough people now we do it that they jsut show up. you are more than welcome to join. generally there is a post ride wings and beer trip to victory.

anyway - we meet at LoweRiders (www.loweriders.com) in downingtown - ride leaves shop at 6pm - bring lights this time of year.

later

ps - here is the old thread- Loweriders Gig - Downingtown

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    I've got a typical supermoto... a DR-Z400SM. Honestly, though, I don't usually go on group rides because of the amount of douche-bag squids that show up and feel that every pull away from a stoplight or stopsign has to be of the single wheel variety.

Usually just do a ride with one or two friends (and thats rare).

If you want to ride (mtb), do check out the Lowerider's rides. I've never ridden with them from the get go, but I have met up with them on the bradford trails. Andy Lowe is a super nice guy, too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    I've got a typical supermoto... a DR-Z400SM. Honestly, though, I don't usually go on group rides because of the amount of douche-bag squids that show up and feel that every pull away from a stoplight or stopsign has to be of the single wheel variety.

Usually just do a ride with one or two friends (and thats rare).

If you want to ride (mtb), do check out the Lowerider's rides. I've never ridden with them from the get go, but I have met up with them on the bradford trails. Andy Lowe is a super nice guy, too.
    Cool man... If you are interested in riding with the CSBA sometime hit me up. I assure you theres no squids with us. We hit the twisties in the middle of nowhere... bring your leathers and sliders

Thanks guys for the heads up with loweriders.... I just taco'd my front wheel yesterday and will be getting a replacement... If I find the time, I'll have to make it out to a ride

~mikeym

mtbr member
    Sup guys, I go to Drexel Univ. and we ride mtb as much as we can in the Wissahickon Valley and Belmont. If you want to meet up and ride some time let me know and I would really like to mtb in West Chester.. I went to HS in Exton and I haven't been there since (boarding school)..
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com