Respect Your Trails

Hey Philly People and Wissy Riders

To those I've ridden with in the Wiss....its been a pleasure. But I can no longer call the Philly area my riding grounds. I now call Portland OR my new riping area. Just wanted to share some pics. Maybe you'll be jealous, angry, inspired or indifferent. Either way, check em out. I'll miss Philly, but I've got some new stuff to explore. Good meeting you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Freshly Fujified

Good for you!

Looks like you have some nice terrain out there. I'll bet you'll miss the graffitti, etc.

Best wishes in your new life in Portland. What brought you there?

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Nice, It's really beautiful out there. Enjoy!

Trail eater
    dude,

when did all this happen? I didnt know you were moving out there. I was a pleasure meeting you and riding with you dude. One day we will ride again and who knows maybe we could conjure up a trip to portland. The wifey is also buying a mountain bike.
    Let is know when you come back to philly so we can hook up for a ride.

BTW, the trails look fantastic you luck bustard

cheers,

electric
    Climb like a goat, descend like a banshee

Respect Your Trails
    I've been planning the move for about a year now. I rode out here back in '04 and thought it was amazing. The area is very biker friendly and its an outdoor sports playground. There is a large forrested park within city limits...but it doesn't hold a flame to the Wiss, graffitti and all. Bikes aren't allowed on the singletrack, so we have to ride over-grown access roads. Good climbs, but nothing like what the Wissy offers in terms of technical riding and varied terrain.

Mt. Hood (in the background of the pics) is about 30-45 min. away. The trails up there vary from dusty open praries, to bombing, swooping clean singletrack downhills through old growth forrest and pine needles, to natural rocky decents and drops. There is also B.C. inspired trails with ladders and teeters but I haven't had a chance to check that out yet.

Any time I head back to PA I'm going to attempt to bring my bike...or at least ride my SS that I left at my parents so I have a backup. And anyone who heads out this way, I'd be glad to be a tour guide and show ya what I know so far.