mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Help determining trail name at Rattling Creek - Lykens

After a few years off to get a family started, I'm finally getting time back on the bike. The last time I was at Rattling Creek we parked along Lykens Rd (I think). We walked up a wide power line or fire break road to the top of the mountain and then made a right onto the single track. It was a great ride back down to Lykens Rd.

Problem is I am having difficulty located what trail we would have been on by looking at the map, or where we would have parked.

I'd like to do this ride again. If any of you that are familiar with Rattling Creek could help me out with what trail I may have been on or where I might have parked it would be helpful.

I know there are many places to park and several trails that are great, but I'm trying to determine which specific trail this would have been that I rode last.

Any help is much appreciated.

mtbr member
    I'm not sure why you want to ride one specific tail there when the whole area is great! Just go and ride everything, you'll know it when you find it.

From your description I'm thinking maybe you parked around the intersection of Preserve line and Lykens road. Went up Preserve line and made a right down schreffler road, right onto dry run trail, and left onto rattling creek trail. That's probably the most sustained downhill there.

http://sirbikesalot.com/uploads_maps..._Trail_Map.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Help determining trail name at Rattling Creek - Lykens

Thanks for the help. Your suggested trails were spot on. We did that ride a few weeks ago and hit some additional trails as well. I just wish the trails were less of a drive for me. We plan on doing a ride in this area again soon so we can ride some trails we didn't have time for.