Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Heads Up to Mt. Penn Riders this Sunday

605 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tduro 
#1 ·
The Berks Co. Conservancy has scheduled an organized trail hike this Sunday October 10th from 10am-1pm on trails between Egleman's Park and Antietam Lake.

This may be a fairly large group. Please be sure to follow proper trail etiquette when and if you come upon hikers, dismounting and stopping to allow hikers the right of way!

Here is a link to the Conservancy's event:

http://www.berks-conservancy.org/CalendarofEvents/tabid/128/Default.aspx

#2 ·
Brad, thanks for posting the warning. Can't be too careful. A month or two ago I rode there during a running race. I did all I could to spread good will, stay out of their way and give them right-of-way. I was successful about 98% of the time. But in the end, I couldn't help but think about the bad will I might have generated with that 2%. It didn't help that they wound their way through every section of every trail. I kept taking alternate routes to avoid them, but they were literally everywhere.

#4 ·
A-Ray said:
Some of those trails behind Rotary are like spaghetti! I still do not know how some of you Paul, Eddie, Fred, etc...
I still get lost and I have been there like 10 times now.
They're really not that bad. There's just a couple of main routes, and the rest of them just connect the main routes in various ways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.