mtbr member
    Jul 2011

HCGA Saturday 10/13

This Saturday the Ed B. has our annual hayride scheduled. Some of the guys are working on getting a trailer to pull behind Brian's tractor, but that is still an open issue right now. One of the members use to have a duece-n-a-half that we would use but that has been sold.

The trials event has been silmmed down to a few guys coming up to build and ride some sections, but if they are there, they will be fun to watch. Brian is trying to reschedule the jeep guys for Saturday, these are some local guys that have a blast in the mud bog at the top of the hill. They are really fun to watch.

We will do our usual pot-luck/covered dish aiming at 5pm for the major eating. If you want to hang out eat feel free to bring some eats along and hang out for the night. As always we are BYOB.

We will aslo ride Saturday. We can put toghther a bunch of features to do a rock hopping trials kind of ride and we can also turn some other groups loose to hammer or casual ride as they see fit. A pedal to the top of the hill to watch the jeeps should make for a nice afternoon.

The weather looks to be real nice this weekend so Jimmy and I will be at our place with a bunch of the other owners just hanging out and enjoying the fall weather. The fire pit has been cleaned and a bunch of the wood has been split so the usual fire to keep warm will be there to take any chill off.

Scott

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

It's always a fun time!

Friends, Mt bikes, Motos, Jeeps, Trials Fun Rid'in = Good Times!

As cr500 noted lot's of work was done Sunday to spruce up the place including a nice pic of our good friend Jimmy and all the prepared wood ready for more great stories around the campfire pit that was also cleaned out.

I'll post the "finished" pics of the "new skinny line" on the Woody in the HCGA Construction forum here:NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans - Page 6 - Mtbr Forums

The update is, Kirby now connects to the Woody via the new skinny, lets see who cleans it first!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HCGA Saturday 10/13-hcga-jimmy-wood-10-7-12_900x900.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 10-09-2012 at 09:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Back of the pile

Last edited by cr500; 10-09-2012 at 10:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm pretty sure I'll be taking tomorrow off to blow off the trails some and get the features cleared to play on. If anyone is in the mood to blow off trail tomorrow let me know. I need to get the roof of my trailer dry and recoated this weekend if I can. Yea, sould have done that in the hot dry summer...

Justin and I are going to do a wood Run around 9am Saturday. It's just loading pickups with pre-cut logs and dumping them at the property. Anyone want to help load or has a pickup to add to effort we will take all the help we can get.

Saturday lookd to be a real nice day so it should be a good pedal and party for anyone that wants to come over. Bring a covered dish and add to the pile of food. BYOB as always.

Maybe I'll get the t-pols hauled over to the skinny area Friday too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey CR, I met up with Lee last weekend at da mOOn and he told me about riding at HCGA this Saturday. Gonna try and get there around 10 or so if you can use some help with anything. I'm bringing smoked sausage to cook on the fire... sizzle, ride, ride, sizzle... Cant wait to ride, thanks for havin us!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Krank...
    ...Excellent

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Krank,

Some of us will be at property by 10. I have a few trails to finish leaf blowing and gather some wood. If you get to the property before me just interduce yourself to Will, he is there tonight. You will have a good time on the trails tomorrow..

Lee,

Give me a call tonight if you have a few mins.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I'll be there early finishing the new Skinny in the Woody!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ran the leaf blower on almost all of out trails today, I'm beat. We'll get the last little bit done before we ride tomorrow. Should be a good bit of riding and eating tomorrow,

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey lee do you need any help building the skinny ill be up fairly early I was Gunna ride the moon but I would love to come help and give back to HCGA for all the fun they have given me

mtbr member
    pics huckleberry800's Public Profile on Photobucket.com had fun even though i went over the bars! Nice seeing everyone and meeting the new folk!
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Beardman27 View Post
    Hey lee do you need any help building the skinny ill be up fairly early I was Gunna ride the moon but I would love to come help and give back to HCGA for all the fun they have given me
    I was there at 9AM. Skinny is now done, and we rode it today, cool and a bit scary.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Sorry I didn't know what time you were going so I didn't wanna just show up

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Another great time! Scott and Jimmy....thanks like always for the invite! Krankenstein...great riding!! Also have my early Christmas present wish....a leaf blower! That was just as much fun as the ride and hanging out after lol!

wounded knee
    Some video from the ride, lots of skill on display.

Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Good stuff DR6, thanks for the cool footage of everyone. Reminds me how much fun I had with you guys up there! How's the shin btw? I hope its healing nicely.

Very cool getting in on a ride with so many good bikers. Lots of skill all the way through the pack, making Riding the Rocks at Hunlocks look easy!

Spectacular trails Scott, I think Kirby was some of my favorite along with all the awesome wood build ups and see saw and trials sections. Amazing piece of land... thanks again for sharing and let me know when I can help out with trail maintenance or building.

wounded knee
    krankenstein, glad you liked it, was really fun watching you ride.
    Shin is still sore as hell hit right on the bone, gotta look at some shin guards today after work, bought a socker style pair just to ride on Sunday, couldn't afford another hit there.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Sounds like everyone had a good day,I sure did. after hearing the sound of krank smashing his shin guards I think a pair is worth the money... Chuck I hope you heal up soon and great video. Thanks for the photos Chuck S.

BMER has a rce this weekend and the CCC ride is Sunday so I don't see us riding this weekend. I'm thinking of hauling those t-poles over to the skinny section next weekend and getting them set-up. If anyon is interesed in helping get them set-up let me know and we set-up a time and day. Maybe even set that pine log over the creek too? Then a bit of riding and eating afterwards, or maybe the eating in-between.

We are glad everyone had a good day and plenty to eat.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

HCGA the toughest most technical riding in our area...

...the best ride of the season yet, all had a blast, due to the great HCGA crew and super trails and Woody! Mega amounts of food and thanks to all who make it so!

Always a fun time here come the over 70 pics, hope I got a few of each of you highly skilled riders!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HCGA Saturday 10/13-hcgasatr-10-13-12-001_900x900.jpg  

HCGA Saturday 10/13-hcgasatr-10-13-12-002_900x900.jpg  

HCGA Saturday 10/13-hcgasatr-10-13-12-003_900x900.jpg  

HCGA Saturday 10/13-hcgasatr-10-13-12-004_900x900.jpg  

HCGA Saturday 10/13-hcgasatr-10-13-12-005_900x900.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 10-19-2012 at 07:44 PM.

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by cr500 View Post
    Sounds like everyone had a good day,I sure did. after hearing the sound of krank smashing his shin guards I think a pair is worth the money... Chuck I hope you heal up soon and great video. .
    It was a great time thanks for the invite.

It sounded like when you smack a tree with a stick when my pedal hit my shin bone !
    I unknowingly bought the same exact shin guards as crankinstein looking at his photo, lizardskins, very comfortable. First night I wore them at the moon I took off my knee guards to accomidate them and ended up smacking my knee on the handlebar stem
    so now I'm recovering from that.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

wounded knee
    posted twice deleted
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock