mtbr member
    Jul 2011

HCGA ride and workday, Saturday 10/27

We'll ride this Saturday, I'm thinking a ride about 11AM. I thinking we can put some wings on the smoker and go ride. They should be done by the time we get back to the bottom. A bit or eating then we can work on the skinnies.

There are three T-polls by the entrance that need to be moved over to the area that I've been working on the tree with the chainsaw. Those can be set-up as skinnies and one or two can be set-up as beginner skinnies to give riders a chance to learn new skills. The tree that I've been working on needs to be pulled a few feet down hill to line it up with the trail. There is wood decking that needs to be put in to make the "X" on that tree. All that kind of stuff we can work on after the ride. There is also a large pine log that I would like to get pulled in place at the end of SOB across the creek. That should make for a nice feature. We have two quads with winches, come-along, chainsaw, pry bars a weed whacker and a few leaf blowers. Any other tools that you think would be helpful, just bring along. This project should go a long way to making the bottom set of trails into a good set of trails to loop around several times just to play on obstacles and features. Maybe Jimmy’s generator, compressor and nail gun to lay board if we get that far. Saturday looks to be a sweet day to spend in the woods.

Thanks Scott

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

Just a comment: My idea was, but not pending... It would be good to have the Skinnys in a flow line that all can be hit one after another making a true Skinny Trail starting with the easiest then progressively getting harder so as the rider can do the ones they feel comfortable with and ride next to the ones they will do after they gain confidence. Of course the giant X skinny would be the prize!!!

It would be great to split those poles lengthwise as it would yield twice as many skinny pieces

Just my 2 cents

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    A continuing Skinny trail sounds great. Anyone who wants to split those T-Polls with "THEIR" chainsaw is welcome to do it. I would suggest Full safety gear and taking them off our property to do so. I removed as much of the metal as I could but some broke off and T-polls are never clean. We have more T-polls at the top of the turn-around anyway.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Wedges!!!!!!!!! no chainsaws on T poles

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    If you have the wedges, I have the s-hammers

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Me too, I'll bring them...

...and remind me by Friday I'll, bring my 2 long steel pry bars. This way once the wedges split the poles open, we can put pry bars at each end and pry in different directions thus creating the new Skinnys!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have my prybar and we also have Jimmy's but we need to unbend Jimmy's from the last rock moving adventure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    wait to you guys see my pry bar ive been trying to figure out what to use it for i bought it because it was big

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by justinkoolaid View Post
    wait to you guys see my pry bar ive been trying to figure out what to use it for i bought it because it was big
    I don't wanna see that...

...keep it in your pants!

LMFAO

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm picking up some wings and Jimmy is picking up some sauce for lunch. Bring something for the grill if you like, whloe fres chicken wings somke up the best not the frozen kind. Should be a good day for a ride and some trail work.

wounded knee
    Had every intention on going, but not so sure with the rain moving in.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey Scott, thanks for the invite but i can't make it this weekend. Next weekend is good for me tho... Have a great ride! ttyl

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6 View Post
    Had every intention on going, but not so sure with the rain moving in.
    Well at 9:15 it was raining and looked gloomy, I stuck around the house doing yardwork, and by the time I realised it was clearing up it was to late to go
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The crappy weather held off and we got a ride in. Jimmy grilled up the wings and served up some chicken coop sauce. We worked on the skinny park section. We have three of the skinnies in their place but the need to be set. I have to get up to the mill and get some 4x8's to make several skinnies that are easy and safe. These should give people a chance to get comfortable on these before trying the tougher ones. I have to build one that gets all the way down to 2" wide too, that should be a tough one.

Thanks guys for the help.