Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

HCGA MT Bike Weekend Sept 29th and 30th

We’ll do a Mountain Bike weekend at our place Sept. 29th and 30th.

We’ll camp, ride and EAT…

For those that have wanted to give HCGA a try and have not been able to make Friday nights, this is your chance. We have hot showers, flush toilets, electic, water and plenty of room. There is plenty of room for tents and even campers if you want to tow your sleeping arrangments. We will be able to put together rides at our place or a ride at Moon Lake since it's only a mile away.

Come on up and camp and ride, just come by and ride whatever works for you.

Lee, Jimmy and I have been throwing around some ideas for a few play events for those that may want to do that. We could put together an enduro style run from the top of the mountain to the bottom with a mostly downhill a pair of cell phones would make due for keeping time and we could use my truck haul bikes to the top. We could also set-up a few trials sections for an honor system 6 days kind of event. We sure have rocks to get up onto or over.

If nayone is up for a Saturday night pot-luck/covered dish kind of party is always a good way to recover after a day of pedaling. If there is any interest maybe Jimmy and I can smoke up a few pork butts for pulled pork.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Scott
    Last edited by cr500; 09-21-2012 at 08:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

HCGA Mt bike weekend Sept 28th and 29th

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have never ridden there yet. Just over at da moon. Count me in.

mtbr member
    sounds great . need to talk to mini about it !

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I will deff be there on Saturday but usually Work Sundays so Sunday is out for me

mtbr member
    Friday nights have been difficult to make so I've been hoping for a weekend adventure. See you there !

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

For our Moon friends who are familiar with Moon Lake, HCGA is less than a mile away...

...here's the directions to HCGA from the main gate at Moon Lake...

If coming from the south or east this would be out of your way, refer to map in the next thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HCGA MT Bike Weekend Sept 29th and 30th-hcga-directions-moon-lake.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 09-21-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

Map:

...from Hartman road, there is a yellow Tote Gote mini bike hanging in the tree at the HCGA dirt road, turn in there, stay to your right, continue through yellow gate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HCGA MT Bike Weekend Sept 29th and 30th-hcga-driving-directions-jpeg.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 09-21-2012 at 08:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I was thinking Saturday the 29th and Sunday the 30th. If anyone wants to come up on Friday the 28th and make our place their base for a NE PA mountain bike weekend I can stay Friday night too. There is a bunch of riding up here and it would build-out to a good weekend.

I fixed the dates in the title of the thread. Let me know if there is any interest in the Enduro or 6-Days event so we can lay out the courses. Also let me know who is interested in a pot luck/covered dish Saturday night for a head count. Pork butts need to pre-seasoned and Jimmy convinced. As always it's a BYOB.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Just for the noobs, this is always a fun social place to ride, yes you see the internet pics of us doing the crazy stuff, and no one expects anyone to ride over their heads. Everyone is welcome and trails are challenging, but we take breaks and play on features along the way. There are bailouts everywhere, so ride as you like, just let us know if you are bailing.

I'll mark out the "Green" loop again for this event. It is not level, but it is the most noob friendly of the trails, and makers for a good warm up.

Scott:
    You know I'm always in for building anything...
    ...and for those who just wanna hang please come to the event.

Would be a great idea for anyone coming to post up here so we have a head count and what if your going to bring anything, as others can then choose, so we won't have 7 pounds of spaghetti... LOL

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    i would like to come up to ride on sunday (i already have a commitment on saturday that can’t be changed); are you going to have a time when you would like to start riding sunday or are you just going to play it by ear on how tired everyone is from saturday?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

With the Woody all set and cleaned up...
    ...one event on Saturday will be the...

...Woody Challenge

After the mt bike ride around 4PM
    2 timed runs, each rider
    Fastest time wins!...

..."Absolutely nothing" other than you get to announce to the world "You've Got Wood" and be the reigning champion until the next Woody Challenge, prolly at the Christmas Party/Ride.

mtbr member
    You guys will most likely be graced with my sparkling personality at some point! LOL

Hey can i camp in the pines?
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I think the Pat White Estate is available...
    ...the Purple Crushed Velvet Muffin Suite is a good choice!

LMFAO

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Chuck,

There are all kinds of places to camp and if you want to go up and over feel free.

Redhead,

Not sure what time we will ride Sunday yet but noon seems to be a favorite time for whole groups. If you bring the KTM I'm sure there is a ride for that too.

Dave,

Friday is a tough night for a lot of folks. I ride at our place alot because my daughters still like to ride dirt bikes and quads there. Time is short on that front so i enjoy hanging with them while I still can.

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cr500 View Post
    Redhead,

Not sure what time we will ride Sunday yet but noon seems to be a favorite time for whole groups. If you bring the KTM I'm sure there is a ride for that too.
    riding the moto is soooooo tempting (haven’t been on it in over a year) but we only have room to be able to bring one or the other (pedal or moto). were you planning to ride both this weekend?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Red,

My daughter will be riding her dirtbike all weekend and I could pull out the CRF anytime. We ahve a singletrack loop that is as tough as any PA harescramble and plenty of quad and logging roads. You can ride either bike or both

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Motos?
    Me likey da sound of dat dere

Brraappp

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Tonight is the Fair for us but I'll be at our place cleaning up for the weekend most nights this week and I may take Friday off. If anyone wants to help feel free to post, pm or just stop by.

If there are any trees that need cutting at Moon Lee, let me know where and I'll put a fresh chanin on the saw and stop by there on my way out to the property.

Did you ever have ham?
    Won't be able to make it!!! I have a big bag of charcoal I don't need, if you are interested!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Couple of things

Scott,
    Won’t be doing smoked pork butts. Too much of a pain in the butt. (Get it). Lets see how many people post up before deciding on a menu. Maybe smoked baked w/ chili.

Motoman,
    Thanks for the offer but we have plenty of charcoal. Not sure about propane. Don’t use the stuff.

New friends,
    Just in case Scott or myself are out on the trails when you get there. HCGA requires everyone entering the property sign a release. I will leave copies at all three pavilions. Check out some of the pictures and you will understand. Of course, Lee doesn’t take any pictures of us riding the flat easy trail.

Scott and Lee,
    I’ll be around for some trail work Thursday around 5:00, vacation day Friday.

Should be a good weekend, best time of year to ride.

Hope to see everyone this weekend.

Jim

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I will be attending Saturday what time is the ride

mtbr member
    just as soon as your feet hit the pedals,just after signing a realese
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by jwmrx View Post
    Of course, Lee doesn’t take any pictures of us riding the flat easy trail.

Jim
    Sorry, no pics of us riding the flat easy trail at HCGA my camera doesn't have a "flat setting", and I would never condone riding a mt bike in very unsafe conditions... LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HCGA MT Bike Weekend Sept 29th and 30th-img00685-20111029-1417_900x900.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 09-24-2012 at 10:20 PM.

mtbr member
    hope to make it sunday !

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cr500 View Post
    Red,

My daughter will be riding her dirtbike all weekend and I could pull out the CRF anytime. We ahve a singletrack loop that is as tough as any PA harescramble and plenty of quad and logging roads. You can ride either bike or both
    are you sure your daughter wouldn't mind riding with some old farts we don't need anything crazy hard (have done some harescrambles but not in a long time) i will definitely let you know if we're bringing motos or bikes before we head up there. have to dig the the motos out of the shed and make sure everything is good to go first.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Motos?
    Me likey da sound of dat dere

Brraappp
    are you going to help make the decision easier

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast