mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Haycock Mountain

Haycock Mountain - State Game Lands 157
    Right next to Lake Nockamixon

I drove there to check it out. I turned on to Top Rock Trail road and then shortly after saw a parking spot with a trail leading to the mountain. Ive read online about people mt biking here, but there was a sign saying no offroad biking. Also the trail i saw (i didnt walk down it to far) looked pretty tough as far as i could see. But does anyone know of any other trail entrances elsewhere? Thanks.

Hermit
    Not from the area, but I had this page bookmarked:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=463&q=151252

They say the only trails there open to bikes are:

SGL 157 BUCKS COUNTY
    1.2 miles - From the parking area off of Sawmill Road, follow the dirt road to the rifle range. After traveling .5 miles, turn to the left by the gate. The road continues for approximately another .7 miles. The route ends at this point.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    I would stay away from it. I used to boulder there pretty often, so I was there 3 or 4 days a week. About 10 years ago, some guys started building all kinds of bridges and stunts on the south side of the mountain, near the water tower. After a few months of this, one of the PGC wardens came into the local rock gym and raise a big stink about the improvements. GC rules are pretty specific about building perminant structures on thier property. They removed all of the bridges, etc.. and would post a warden at several of the parking lots on weekend days to keep people from riding. I also know that this place has gained popularity over the last few years with more climbers and hikers, so the GC has increased there patrols inside the park.

You can do what you want, but I think it would be best to stay away! There is too much other good riding locally to deal with this!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for the info swampboy but I think Ill just stay away due to what Shmack said. Sounds too risky.

You can do what you want, but I think it would be best to stay away! There is too much other good riding locally to deal with this!
    Where else is good local riding? Besides highrocks.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    North theres some great trails in Bethlehem, Salisbury , South mountain etc. info can be found at bikevmb.com. I also heard of some cool trails south of highrocks in lambertville NJ (Bald Pate) stop in at pure energy cycles for info or check JORBA' s website.

A new mountain bike trail system is planned for Nockamixon State Park and construction should start this spring. This is a joint Club venture between Valley Mountain Bikers and Philadelphia Mountain Bike Association along with IMBA and IMBA Trail Solutions. Info and updates can be found at either bikevmb.com or phillymtb.org.