mtbr member

Hannah, you ignorant ****...

While Philly is getting some heavy rains, I am wondering how far west I would need to travel to hit a place not too severely soaked tomorrow. Jonesin' to ride. Looking at weather.com, it looks like the storm's track is just over the eastern most part of PA.

I don't mind a bit of mud at all, but I'd prefer not to hit a quagmire and prefer not to do serious damage to the trails.

The Wiss drains amazingly well, but I'm not sure about right after this...

Anyone near French Creek (probably getting it too)? Rocky Ridge? Blue Marsh? that can say that are only getting some moderate rain or less?
    I'd say the limit would be an hour and a half West of Philly, or I may consider Allaire in NJ, which is mostly sand.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Rocky Ridge is closed as of now. The parks won't update the status until tomorrow morning probably around 8-9. Call this number to check 717-840-7440. There will be a mssg with what parks are open/closed. Hopefully RR is open but my guess is it won't be. York got a ton of rain too.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    well from the PSU football game, it looks like happy valley didn't get much if any rain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The rain line was right at the Adams/Franklin county border. Michaux should be in good shape, but that is quite a drive from philly.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    French Creek got soaked... but my backyard "litmus test" says that it shouldn't be too bad (other than the typical low swampy areas).

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    French Creek was absolutely PERFECT yesterday (Sunday). Almost zero mud, good grip, rode about 3 hours on both sides of the park (Millers Point and the main side), and it was some of the best conditions of the year.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Yes! My litmus test is still 100%