mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Guided Women's Ride at Philadelphia Rally in the Valley

Hi Everyone! There will be a guided women's ride at 10:30 (after registration) during the Rally in the Valley this Saturday (April 19)! There will be guided beginner and intermediate rides. Please sign up at the registration table on Saturday. Hope to see everyone there!
    Event registration is at Northwestern Avenue near Chestnut Hill College.

Also, don't forget that we have a Beginner/Intermediate women's ride every Tuesday night at 6 PM meeting at the Pachella Field Pavilion!

mtbr member
    How long is the ride going to be? I am bringing my very new to biking girlfriend, and don't want her to be intimidated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The beginners ride will be about 4-6 miles and run mostly along Forbidden Drive with a short loop along the Demo 1 trail. The Demo 1 trail is mostly packed dirt trail with only a few rocks on the trail.
    The course for the intermediate ride is not certain at this point but may run along the entire Manyunk/Roxborough side of the park. Figure on 12+ miles. I'll know more on Thursday and will post more details.

pain don't hurt
    Any updates on the women's ride?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    We will start from Northwestern at 10:30 and head south on Forbidden Drive , then up Wise's Mill Road, turn left onto the Demo 1 trail and head south (downstream) to the golf course. There will be an opt out there, or you can ride up Forbidden Drive, cross the stream at Gorgas Lane to the east (Mount Airy) side and ride a small stint on that trail heading in an upstream direction.

mtbr member

Tuesday Women's Ride

I went to the Rally in the Valley yesterday and had such a good time. I was interested in more information on the Tuesday evening rides. I am in the process of getting my permit. What time do the rides start and from what location? Do you have beginners? I am really just starting to ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The ride starts at the parking lot located at Livezey St. and Henry Avenue. The pavilion where the riders meet is next to the main parking area. There is some parking just as you turn onto Livezey but keep going and you will see the pavilion. I think you will fit in fine with the ride, this is a pleasure ride not a training ride for racers.

Link to map of the parking lot area is below.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...08347&t=h&z=17