locked - time out
    Feb 2007

Gretnabikes single track

We've been working on this trail since last winter, and it's still not complete. There are so many berms, drops and doubles that I couldn't post them all. So here are a few that photographed well.

Hard to show all the features this trail has to offer, but this is one of my favorite corners,

This picture doesn't seem like much but you run into this jump at close to 40mph, and jump around 30' out. You don't get to high off the ground, but the speed is amazing.

And the way you get the speed is from a kicker at the top of a hill, that hips you into a chute, into a 30' long berm lining you up with the kicker pictured above.

Here's a picture of the chute to berm.

This trail is on private land. If you would like to come ride it, PM me.

mtbr member
    can't wait til i get back iin a couple of weeks and ride again
    Holy Cow----Why remove obstacles--when they can be ridden....

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by seth-gehman
    can't wait til i get back iin a couple of weeks and ride again
    It's so rippin here right now! All the leaves have fallin, and I'm raking everything out!

We added a few features since you rode it too, and there should be even more by the time you get here...

mtbr member
    Todd I am calling my customers tomorrow and making meetings next week so I will be there next week! I will email you as soon as I figure out the day... Looks awesome. Plus I wanna hit trail 15!!!
    bike = good

my church is the woods
    cool pics Todd, last time I was there I noticed you and the grommits have been building up things nicely. You'll have to call me out for a ride when Seth comes back around.

and also thanks for posting some local flavor on the PA boards....since it's becoming all about NAMBLA or NEPAMTBA or [SIZE="1"]whatever it's called[/SIZE] and the mOOn around here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd@gretnabikes
    We've been working on this trail since last winter, and it's still not complete. There are so many berms, drops and doubles that I couldn't post them all. So here are a few that photographed well.

Hard to show all the features this trail has to offer, but this is one of my favorite corners,

This picture doesn't seem like much but you run into this jump at close to 40mph, and jump around 30' out. You don't get to high off the ground, but the speed is amazing.

And the way you get the speed is from a kicker at the top of a hill, that hips you into a chute, into a 30' long berm lining you up with the kicker pictured above.

Here's a picture of the chute to berm.

This trail is on private land. If you would like to come ride it, PM me.
    Great pictures. What focal length lens were you using? Are you using Canon or Nikon?

Chris
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    I'm picking up a new camera, used..from a guy who used to race BMX for me, now his kids ride park & trail. I hope one of you guys will help me figure out to use the thing! Great pics here!! Looks like a "fisheye" lens?

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by foto71
    Great pictures. What focal length lens were you using? Are you using Canon or Nikon?

Chris
    WVMTBA

Thanks! However, I didn't take the pics, I'm the subject matter. My gf, Krisha Martzall took them, she uses Canon, but that's about as far as I can comment on the technical photo stuff...

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Plains Bike
    I'm picking up a new camera, used..from a guy who used to race BMX for me, now his kids ride park & trail. I hope one of you guys will help me figure out to use the thing! Great pics here!! Looks like a "fisheye" lens?
    Thanks! Yeah, wide angle lens.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Todd, Excuse my stupid question but.. where are these trails? Gretna area ? and can anybody ride there ? Guess I missed that info from an earlier post ? I live in the Reinholds area ,so I'm hoping it's not too far away. Thanks

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 73cuda
    Todd, Excuse my stupid question but.. where are these trails? Gretna area ? and can anybody ride there ? Guess I missed that info from an earlier post ? I live in the Reinholds area ,so I'm hoping it's not too far away. Thanks
    These trails are in Gretna, but on private land. So, if you'd like to check them out, get a hold of me and I can show you around.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker
    and also thanks for posting some local flavor on the PA boards....since it's becoming all about NAMBLA or NEPAMTBA or [SIZE="1"]whatever it's called[/SIZE] and the mOOn around here.
    I agree, the PA board needs more posts like this. Nice pics your GF took there Todd. Trails look great. Wish we had a place to build some stuff like that in York.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd@gretnabikes
    These trails are in Gretna, but on private land. So, if you'd like to check them out, get a hold of me and I can show you around.
    Thank You ! Will do

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 73cuda
    I am in Denver, just south of Reinholds and would love to come up there as well.
    73 Cuda let me know if you ever want to hook up. I ride Gretna, FC, BM and Mt.Penn

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugi
    I am in Denver, just south of Reinholds and would love to come up there as well.
    73 Cuda let me know if you ever want to hook up. I ride Gretna, FC, BM and Mt.Penn
    Sounds good.. been wanting to check out Mt.Penn sometime.Thanks for the offer.