mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Green Lane Trail Volunteers

I recently met with the county supervisors regarding the start of a trail maintenace group for the Green Lane trails. Everything is looking good, we are going to start clearing the blue trail of storm damage in the next few days. I am looking for interested riders that would be interested in volunteering a few hours to help get the trails open again. The plan is to clean up the storm damage this fall and then begin upgrading the trails in the spring with the intent of growing the trail system in the future. Please contact me if you are intereseted and I will get a email list together for future information. Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm interested - sent you a DM with my email address a while ago, let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks for putting this together.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I live in NJ and work in PA GL was a godsend this past summer- please let me know how I can help...
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Im in. I live three miles away. And I have a big enough saw fer the stuff on blue trail. its real messy on there. guess I cant post email address yet but pm me and let me know

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm in for cleanup, i have a smaller chainsaw.

I was there today and the lower blue trail closest to the lake is rideable maybe only 2 spots where you have to get off. The upper blue trail is a mess, I've never seen so many huge trees down stay far away from it on a bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks to everyone who has volunteered to help. We thought we were cleared to head in this week however we were told to hold off, apparently someone needs to give final approval and that has not been done. I will say I am very encouraged by the response we've had so far from the local officials. When we receive the final approval I will make sure I contact everyone, if possible send me a quick message with your email and I will add you to the list. Thanks
    Dan

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    yah I cant send pms cuz im brand new. my user name at yahoo is my email tho. I was also wondering if the GLP has had any thoughts on buildin some bridges over horse poo/poc mark/bad drainage zones along the way. It wud be sick for hikers too.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    I've got a chainsaw, and am about 2.5 miles from GL...I'd love to help.
    I'll shoot you a PM, just let me know the plan.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We walked the blue trail on Sunday morning with the manager to discuss the next step for GLP. At this point the county is planning on going in and clearing the remaining sections of the upper blue trail and we also identified the areas the are ALWAYS wet. When they have time available this winter they are going to address the wet areas . Our plan is to continue the routine maintenance such as blowing leaves and clipping branches from now until the spring, if they need us to help clear I will try to set up a trail day. I plan to contact everyone that has sent me their email this week so we can start planning together.

Saturday morning we blew off the first section of the red trail, we still need to blow off the remaining blue and the second red section. Riding has been limited due to all the recent rain but we should be back out by the end of the week.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sounds good GLP. Did they entertain the idea of building some log bridges er anything over those areas? I look foward to helpin out in any way that i can

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We talked about building bridges at some of the trouble areas to eliminate the muddy spots. They are planning on coming in and digging out some of the mud and replacing with big ballast stones and then top filling with smaller with the hopes that the water will drain through. At this point I believe their main concern is anything they build they are liable for if someone gets hurt, I respect that at this point and time. Hopefully the draining works if not we may need to look into the bridges.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

greenlane

I a'm looking foward to cleaning up greenlane living less than a mile away and being a avid biker/ hiker i have injoyed for a good part of my life . looking foward to new trail building and maint .thank you

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    I recently met with the county supervisors regarding the start of a trail maintenace group for the Green Lane trails. Everything is looking good, we are going to start clearing the blue trail of storm damage in the next few days. I am looking for interested riders that would be interested in volunteering a few hours to help get the trails open again. The plan is to clean up the storm damage this fall and then begin upgrading the trails in the spring with the intent of growing the trail system in the future. Please contact me if you are intereseted and I will get a email list together for future information. Thanks
    Hey there, I've been meaning to respond, I'm pretty sure I work with your wife. I haven't ridden Green Lane yet since I live really close to Marsh Creek and Harmony Hill. But a guy I ride with lives right by Green Lane and I'd like to check it out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I worked on a section of the blue trail today that was damaged after sandy. The upper blue section where trees were uprooted going into a ravine. A couple hours and I believe it will ride faster and smoother then it did before the storm, when it warms up I plan to fill it in with more dirt. I also noticed that the county has cut some big trees and has stone piles in the ward rd. lot looks like improvements are on the way!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We are planning on doing some trail work tomorrow around 1 since riding is out. We will be working in the ravine areas on the blue trail. If you are interested in helping out send me a pm and I will let you know where we are meeting.

Thanks
    Dan