Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Green Lane trail conditions

After the recent weather we have had I urge anyone that is considering riding Green Lane to think about the long term affects that just "1" ride will make. I realize that GLP is not in great shape at this point but I believe in the next few months a revitalization of the trails will occur. The county has begun to clean up post sandy and they have also started working on the wet spots on the blue trail as well as some small ravine work that we have completed. I know everyone is itching to get out and ride but until it freezes again or dries out we are only doing more damage. I spoke with the county today and they will be posting a similar message on their web page in hopes of reaching the equestrian community. Work days are in the plans for the near future and I will be posting dates and contacting everyone that responded earlier. Thanks

mtbr member
    Have they considered signs at the parking lots? I feel like reaching the equestrian community is at least as hard as reaching the mountain bike community, and if the last time I was out there was any indication they are doing most of the damage (its not all bad though, when the mud was frozen there were some free rock gardens around the softer spots )

Looks like it *might* be cold enough to freeze the next few nights. Hoping it will be enough to get trails rideable by Sunday. If not at least the perk trail is closeby.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I recommended signs at the trail heads as well however it sounds like they have done this before and they are constantly being ripped down. Some people will continue riding no matter what the conditions are mtbr and horses, the only thing we can do is educate them when we see them.

mtbr member
    Oof. This is why we can't have nice things.

I think I'll just ride from my house up to the park on Sunday and try to ride around the reservoir (starting with blue). That way if the trails aren't rideable I still get some good miles in. I'll post back how things look, just in time for it to get warm and mushy again

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I checked a few of the trail sections today and it looks like the cold weather has firmed things up again. We are going to try and get a ride in tomorrow around noon I will post a report on the trail conditions when I get back in.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Rode the some of the red trail today and the cedars off of knight rd. the trails were solid and very rideable. Just a quick warning to all the winter riders out there, be aware of areas where water pools up when flooded my brother went down hard on one of these spots today in the middle of the field before the trail head.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update. May try to hit green lane tomorrow. And I agree, seeing the ice beneath the snow can be difficult!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    I got a ride in at Green lane yesterday and did just the red trail. Parked at the second parking lot down Knights road. Lots of ice and some big pools of water. While the Wiss was frozen and fast, Green lane is frozen and slow. When the weather goes up today and this week, it is going to be a complete and utter mess. When the horses hit, the trails will be totally destroyed.

mtbr member
    Anyone been out up there lately? Thinking of trying to get in a ride after work tomorrow but not sure how sloppy it'll be.

mtbr member
    I assume that green lane would be a total mess. Even when frozen, it was pretty crappy.

mtbr member
    Hmm last time I rode there it didn't seem that bad all things considered (only rode red + blue, didn't do much on the far side of Knight Rd). Things seemed to be in good shape except for the usual field sections that I've never seen *not* destroyed.

If I don't hear back I'll probably err on the side of caution and spin on the perk trail for a bit. But Betzwood was in much better shape than I expected it to be yesterday, so I'm hoping things have dried out a bit up in Green Lane too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was not out to check on the trails this week but my guess is that they are still pretty wet since the slow thaw is on. On a brighter note we rode up at Bear Creek yesterday and it was great, we rode up to the top and returned back the same way. The bike was almost spotless after the ride which is a pleasant suprise for March. There is the possibility that we may try to get a work day together in 2 weeks I will keep everyone posted when I know for sure.

mtbr member
    Rode the Blue and Red trails last night, they were in great shape except for the usual wet spots (Blue trail near Ward Rd lot, low section of Blue near Hill Rd area, any field section with heavy horse traffic). Only rode the portion of the Red trail right along the reservoir due to time constraints but those trails usually drain pretty well because they're cut into the side of the hill.

Dogwood trail was in pretty good shape too, except for the usual muddy spot where it crosses the wider horse trail and some standing water on one of the rocky sections where the shape of the trail doesn't let it run out.

I would definitely stay off the wider horse paths through the fields in the near future, but I try to avoid them at all times really. In 7 years I've never seen them worth riding, always a muddy mess or they have 6 inch deep hoof prints baked into them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Road the blue trail from ward rd. to hill rd. and back I was surprised at how good the conditions were. The first section was messy as usual but I am hopeful they will address that soon since the stone is sitting there. From there out it was great. I do believe that our volunteer group will be best used in the ravines and technical sections cleaning up the drops and providing erosion control and providing water run off.
    More wet weather on the way but it was nice to get out today!

mtbr member
    looking to ride green lane sometime this summer, Where is the good spot to park?

Joe

mtbr member
    Both lots are off Knight Rd, one at Knight and Ward rd the other near 29 on Knight Rd. If you're going around the reservoir I think counterclockwise is probably the best way to go.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We got out for a hike and some trail work today as expected it was pretty wet. My 7 year old rode while we hiked and had a great time with the snow. I like starting at the 29/knight rd. lot and going all the way around however somedays we ride from the house and climb up to hill rd. and start there. Either way there are some trade offs, jammin I will keep you posted we are looking to start week night rides when everything dries out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    We got out for a hike and some trail work today as expected it was pretty wet. My 7 year old rode while we hiked and had a great time with the snow. I like starting at the 29/knight rd. lot and going all the way around however somedays we ride from the house and climb up to hill rd. and start there. Either way there are some trade offs, jammin I will keep you posted we are looking to start week night rides when everything dries out.
    Sounds good, always looking for more people to ride with.

Joe

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Was out there today, Red and blue in good shape except the usual spots. There was a guy on upper blue clearing trees with a chainsaw, its mostly clear just a couple spots with trees down.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We were out yesterday and rode the blue to the red all the way around I thought the trails were in excellent shape. The park has almost completed cutting the down trees and it sounds like they are getting help from some others. I am planning on getting a day together soon to work in some of the ravine areas to clean them up. As nice as it was it's ashame we had this rain.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The trails have been in such great shape lately! Im so glad I live two miles away. And to thnk I wasted my time and drove to nox. that place is the worst. Keep up the good work GLP!

mtbr member
    Red trail & Dogwood were in good shape last night. The trails in the woods up on the hillside directly across from the Knight Road lot were in great shape too.

The section between Red Hill rd and Markley Rd on the other side of Knight was in pretty rough shape. Got out of there pretty quick but a few spots were real muddy, if/when it dries its gonna be tough going for a while because of the ruts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Blue trail was good as well last night very few wet spots and almost the entire trail is clear with a few exceptions. Broke my chain not once but twice so it slowed us down a bit but it was a good night.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The trail was pretty dry today, except for a few spots. I noticed the improved trail markers also which were a nice touch.

I rode the red trail and blue trail today and then jumped on the perkiomen trail to head back to Knight rode parking lot.

What section of the blue trail is off limits to bikes? I seen a sign for it after I crossed Hill road into the horse parking lot.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We rode yesterday as well and the trails were in great shape. The new markings are a result of some past confusion, we walked the trail one day with the trail supervisor and identified where we think the trails should go I am sure we may need to change a few spots but I think it is better then it was. The only section where the blue trail is off limits is from the hill rd. day use area along hill rd. until you reach the section where it crosses the road. I am also optimistic that this area will be open to bikes again in the near future.

Goforbroke was that you on the orange salsa?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The trail markers were clutch! I didn't even know about the portion of the blue trail by the boat launch/dock area. I usually pedaled up the paved rode to Hill rd.

I was riding my green Cotic, but I did see the guy on the Salsa also.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am planning on working on the blue trail tomorrow around 1 if anyone is interested in lending a hand. I have a bunch of tools and would like to get some work done in the ravines since the trails are to wet for riding right now. Send me a pm if your interested in helping tomorrow.
    Thanks
    Dan

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We were able to get in and get some work done today. The two ravines from swinging bridge towards ward are in pretty good shape now as we were able to fill in the up-rooted tree balls and grade them out. The areas may see some settling but I figure we can go in and fix it up as needed. I will post future work days as they are set.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Rode the loop tonight and the trails are in great shape, very few wet spots and the ravines are riding a lot smoother. The first section from ward. Rd. has lost some of its luster with all of the stone they added but at least it is dry now and it gets you in to the good sections without the mess. We will continue to do more work in the ravines and hopefully open up some more trails on the upper blue.

mtbr member

Re: Green Lane trail conditions

Good conditions today considering the amount of rain we got on Saturday. I rode red and blue trails. Usual spots weT, beginning of blue trail stays dry after all the gravel though (kinda boring now but beats waiting a week+ to dry out). Upper blue trail had some muddy spots, suspect the other side of Knight Rd is messy too. Trails by the reservoir were great though, should recover relatively quickly if it rains tomorrow considering the shape theyre in and the temps expected.

mtbr member
    I have only rode up there once, Looking to do a morning ride saturday. Was thinking of hitting here or french creek. Are the trails pretty easy to follow and get back to the lot? not looking to get lost.

Joe

mtbr member

Easier to get lost the farther you get from reservoir. But if you stay close to the water should be fine. I think there's maps at the Knight Rd trailhead.

To close the loop around water or get to the orange trail you can use the perkiomen trail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am working with the park to organize a trail work day on Saturday June 1st, from
    8-11 the goal is to identify a few areas and dial them in that day. Today I went out and identified a few areas and depending on the number of volunteers we get that day. I have spoken with a few of you about the day and I am passing the word on to the local bike shops, please get the word out to anyone you know that might be interested in helping that day. Overall the trails looked good today but the rain this week may keep us off for a little bit.

mtbr member
    Going to try and make this one, Any tools needed? i have access to alot of stuff.

Joe

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was able to get out and do some work today on the orange trail which is located right at the park off of Snyder road. For those of you not familiar with this trail it is a nice short loop that doesn't get much attention but it is a great area to do some laps in after work. There are a few wet spots out there right now but I am hoping to get some drainage issues fixed in there. I rode the orange tonight and it needs some clean up but it is very rideable .

mtbr member
    I was able to get out and do some work today on the orange trail which is located right at the park off of Snyder road. For those of you not familiar with this trail it is a nice short loop that doesn't get much attention but it is a great area to do some laps in after work. There are a few wet spots out there right now but I am hoping to get some drainage issues fixed in there. I rode the orange tonight and it needs some clean up but it is very rideable .
    That is great news and THANK YOU for your trail work. Highly appreciated!

Also, any updates on the red and blue sections?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I didn't ride the red or blue this week but I assumed it might be wet at spots, the plan is to start getting some more riding days in. I will post any updates.
    D

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey all - I live down closer to Philly, but saw that I can take the Schuylkill/Perkiomen trail all the way up to Green Lane, so it would be a great training ride. How long of a loop can be put together once I get up there? Is there maybe something in the 10 mile range of easy/moderate difficulty? I would probably want to skip the really advanced stuff (I guess that is a relative term) given how long of a total ride it will be.

mtbr member
    If you do the red / blue loop it ends up right around 10 miles. Nothing too advanced, orange is the only place with any real chunk. I live really close to the midpoint of the Perkiomen trail so find myself riding it a lot. Its kind of a drag on my singlespeed but it does seem to help me get better at spinning (and also makes sure I'm warmed up by the time I get to the singletrack at either end).

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks - that sounds like the way to go then. I am looking at 23 miles from my door to the trailhead, and the same home...so yeah, should be nice and warmed up by then!

mtbr member
    Can you pickup the single track right off the Perk trail? Or do you need to ride the road some?

mtbr member

Perk trail can get you to blue, or up to red via 'green lane connector'

mtbr member
    I only rode the Perk trail to Green lane near the lake once. Is it near there?

mtbr member

Yeah you can ride across the dam and pick up on the other side. Generally speaking left turn gets you to blue and right gets you to red.

mtbr member
    Ok cool, Never been across the Dam, we use to run our RC crawlers on the rocks in the small lot near the office. will have to check it out. The parking lot across the road from the lake, I think i see some trails go up the hill from the lot, are they rideable to? i never checked them out.

mtbr member

Think that is orange you're thinking of. Chunky (for me on rigid bikes anyway) but very rideable. Only a few miles but great change of pace.

mtbr member
    Sounds good, I'm down near Phoenixville. I may have to ride up the Perk and check it out. I only rode green lane many many years ago and we parked at some little gravel lot and rode on some little dirt rode through a field back to the trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The Perk trail will get you right to orange trail however as alexcuse said it is not in the best shape as we are trying to get a plan together for it. The blue trail starts up the hill to the equestrian camp and then follows across hill rd. and along hill rd. until you reach the day use area up there. Hopefully that helps.

mtbr member

I actually really like the rocks on orange but haven't been on it since we got all that rain. Since its always wet anyways could see it becoming a bog.

I can probably give a tour (including how to connect to perk) if you can tolerate a slow single speeder. I like both ways but prefer riding up the paved climb on perk (runs right along 29) and doing red first, then crossing Knight Rd bridge and taking blue back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I rode the perk up from valley forge on Sunday, then did maybe a half mile or so on the orange before calling it quits due to mud and potential trail daageI can see it being a fun dry trail, but I am not a fan of smooth, wet, mossy rocks all jumbled together.

What about all that singletrack alongside the perk? As I approached valley green, I noticed some pretty nice looking trails diverting off every so often. Looked like private land at first glance...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    I actually really like the rocks on orange but haven't been on it since we got all that rain. Since its always wet anyways could see it becoming a bog.

I can probably give a tour (including how to connect to perk) if you can tolerate a slow single speeder. I like both ways but prefer riding up the paved climb on perk (runs right along 29) and doing red first, then crossing Knight Rd bridge and taking blue back.
    Slow is good for me, i'm no speed demon unless i'm heading down hill lol, I think i know the paved climb your talking about, once you get to the top you have to turn left to keep following the Perk? There is a steep very short down hill on the perk, Right before you go down it there is a trail to the right, is that the red? for some reason i remember it being marked.

mtbr member
    Shoot me a PM sometime, may be trying to get an after work ride in at Green Lane the week of the 12th and could show you around. Here is a map I made for IMBA's Mountain Bike Project (sorry I can't figure out how to link the whole trail system map just individual trails). Basically you ride past the school and then pick up the "Green Lane Connector" trail, and that eventually takes you down to red (where you want to keep left - turning right there takes you directly back to the Knight Rd lot but there are a lot of downed trees, so take the long way.

Green Lane trail conditions-green-lane-map.jpg

Green is the perk trail / green lane connector. The black at the south end is orange, and the blue on the north side is red. Then the black that goes just below the reservoir is blue. Ha.

mtbr member
    Thx. Alex. I may hit the Perk from collegeville sunday morning and ride up and see if i can find the trails, Still drawing a blank as i haven't been up there in a while. When you get closer to greenlane at one point you have to get off the perk and ride the road down the hill to pick it back up and then go across that bridge that use to before cars i believe. Am i heading the right way?

mtbr member

I think?

The south end of the green line is deep creek road lot. I ride across the lower dam from there, ride through parking lot then turn right to get back on perk. Then ride up the hill along 29, past the school, and take connector (marked) down to red trail.

mtbr member
    Yeah i don't remember the school, The deep creek road lot. across the street from there is the dam correct? And the road that runs down to the dam has that bridge that is closed down? Either way i will just ride up and see if any of it makes sense lol.

mtbr member
    Ok i see now, So you get on 29 and ride up to knight rode to hit the trails? I see the Perk trail looks like it stops at Lakeview Dr. is that correct? Really didn't want to ride on 29 but will if i have to. I was checking out this map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...7dd84ac6&msa=0

mtbr member

No need to ride on 29 - lakeview is around where you catch 'green lane connector'

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Rode GL on Tues (2nd time since 2006) full loop, including what I'm calling the bonus red loop off-shoots and minus the orange trail south of the blue trail (need to find my way down there next time). Conditions were great. I'm generally impressed by the diversity of trail, flow and mileage, getting 15-20 after work is fun! There's a few fast downhills, 2 or 3 solid climbs and some challenging technical sections (keeps me coming back for more . Could do with less horse poo but whatcha gonna do. Big thanks to those maintaining the trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    No doubt the horse poo has been terrible on the red trails lately. I have been riding loops on the red trail and cedars lately due to time constraints. I am planning on sacrificing a ride in the next few days and weed whacking the red and cedars as it is in need of some clean up, there are a lot of Pickers and weeds growing out on the trails. Glad to hear you are enjoying GLP!

mtbr member
    Trails were in great shape today. Rode pretty much everything except the cedars section. Had to slow down because of leaves on the trail but not much. This was more of a concern on orange and blue than red. I think this was as mud-free as I've ever seen it - even the perpetually muddy spots on red and dogwood were perfect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Unfortunately I couldn't get out with you this am but we got out in the afternoon and rode mostly the cedars and they were great as well. We will be out with the blowers as soon as the majority of leaves are down and get the trails cleared off again. I agree they are dryer then they have been in a long time, it's nice not having to wash the bike. Lots of people on the trails so be aware as you are coming around the corners.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Unfortunately I couldn't get out with you this am but we got out in the afternoon and rode mostly the cedars and they were great as well. We will be out with the blowers as soon as the majority of leaves are down and get the trails cleared off again. I agree they are dryer then they have been in a long time, it's nice not having to wash the bike. Lots of people on the trails so be aware as you are coming around the corners.
    Where are the cedars. I think I've ridden the whole park but maybe I missed something that you guys enjoy. Thanks!

mtbr member

If you cross knight road instead of riding through the stream where red comes close top the road, you're in the cedars. Not sure if the trails across from the knight road lot are considered part off the cedars as well

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    If you pull up a map and look at knight road follow the side across from the knight road parking lot as Alexcuse said. Starting directly across from the Knight rd. lot is a section of single track that runs N-NW up knight rd and there are a few different cuts. There are also trails between Red Hill rd. and Markley and also above the Markley rd. parking lot. These trails are generally fast and twisty with pretty good flow and they are great in the winter time because the trails stay some what clear of snow. We are currently cleaning some of these up and opening some old loops that are in there.

mtbr member
    Great conditions today, just had to mind the leaves. Lots of horses and bikes out crunching them up, and saw one huge group of hikers on blue. Hopefully get another week or two of that kind of traffic before the fair weather folk hang it up for the winter.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Just a reminder that the trails are not in great shape for riding right now especially mid-afternoon. I was out doing some general maintenance today on an old trail near the blue today and saw a rider from a distance rutting the trails up. I understand people want to get out when it's warm but you are really damaging trails that people have spent a lot of time maintaining. If you need to ride get out early when the trails are still frozen.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update! Has it been getting cold enough in the morning to freeze? I'm out of town right now but really hoping to get a ride in when I get back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Thanks for the update! Has it been getting cold enough in the morning to freeze? I'm out of town right now but really hoping to get a ride in when I get back.
    Not right now, and they're calling for around 1.5" rain today. Looks like everything should be froze up good by the middle of the week into next weekend if the forecasts are right though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Anyone been out to check out trails? Wouldn't mind getting out to do some trail maintenance so we can ride as soon as the sogginess subsides. Any takers?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Judging on my yard, and what I can see of the trails from the road, I don't think they are rideable. I've still got a solid 8-10 inches in the yard and the trails look like they've been walked on by hikers in the snow. I'm thinking we're screwed til it all melts. I was down in Newark, De by White Clay today and it appears that it's still unrideable even down there. Last time I rode GLP was new years eve with Dan, his brother and another guy. Sucks, given it's my backyard, and that was 2 months ago
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I agree with ferguson65 we are a month away from riding right now with all of the snow sitting out there and they are going to be wet for a long time. Btown brings up a good point though when the snow is gone maybe we can at least get our trail work done so we can ride when it is nice. We have hiked on the red and blue and have not seen to much in the way of trees down so that is good. As soon as the snow is off I will send a message and see if we can't get a group together, I have to think everyone is ready to get back out there. Ferguson65 have not heard anything about the new cut I think they have overwhelmed with all of this snow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I'm in for trail work in the meantime. I know last time I was out on the uncut upper trail I removed a tree laying across the trail. Just some stuff to get me out in the woods! I sound like a hippie but I miss the trees maaaaan!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    . As soon as the snow is off I will send a message and see if we can't get a group together, I have to think everyone is ready to get back out there. Ferguson65 have not heard anything about the new cut I think they have overwhelmed with all of this snow.
    I'll be up to help with any work needed in the "in between" time. I know the snow has been giving them a rough go this year, the Walt Road access has been poorly plowed, if they did it at all. Last big snow it took two weeks before they opened it up.................But if you hear anything keep me in the loop!
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Just a quick update..............Yesterday I got home from work early enough to take a quick ride over to the walt road access. The road back to the kayak/canoe/rowboat quarantine area has been roped off and unattended all winter. Some spots were bare asphalt, and some had 6 inches of snow. When the road went from asphalt to stone, it was so soft on THE ROAD that my 2.4 Trailkings sunk in and left ruts. Gonna be a while before the trails are rideable thats for sure.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Meh, just checked in here only to see what I expected. Soft, mud, life sucking spring thaw
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hey fellas we took a hike Saturday morning with our boys and cleared the blue trail from swinging bridge rd to ward rd. There is still a lot of snow on the trails but the damage was limited mainly to the cedar trees, the only section we could not clear was the access trail from ward to the first creek crossing and the county has been notified about that area. I will try to keep everyone in the loop when we go out again, it may be short notice but we might as well get most of the work done now so we can ride when it's dry.

GLP is not ready for riding this year yet. I get frustrated when I see the horses out there because they do more damage and should know better but the county recognizes that we are not the causing the problems let's keep it that way. I will post any future days, if anyone has been out hiking let me know what you see and what needs work!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    There is a tree down on the red between the old nature center and Knight rd lot that will need a chainsaw to clear. On the north side of Knight road across from the horse trailer parking in the cedars there is a section of 5-10 trees down. Beyond that when you make the right toward that bypass we cut there are a bunch of low leaners in the trail before you hit the bypass entrance. I'm just going to say that some of that stuff may disappear next weekend, at least in the cedars. I can park in the pulloff at the base of the hill before Knight road and take necessary tooling into the woods pretty quick from there. The one on the red is going to be a long walk with a proper tool, but it's around 20" dia.

The cedars trails north of knight road opposite the horse trailer parking are absolutely beat to shit from horses. I don't know why they feel the need to go in there, but they've sure f#%ked it up.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Yeah I went out on Sunday and walked orange trail. I cleared a few trees that were blocking the trails. Especially the big pine that was blocking the trail to the left when you enter from the parking lot.
    Everything is muddy and washed out for the most part. Not going to be rideable down there for quite some time yet. I will continue to hike and clear and clean the trails until I can ride them or else I will go insane!!
    I'm up for trail day whenever you guys are.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    I will continue to hike and clear and clean the trails until I can ride them or else I will go insane!!
    I'm up for trail day whenever you guys are.
    I know TEAMGLP can't for various reasons, but if I need a hand making some things disappear I'll let you know. Not sure if I'll be around this weekend, but if I am most of my buddies won't be, that one stand down would be much easier for two or more people.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    I know TEAMGLP can't for various reasons, but if I need a hand making some things disappear I'll let you know. Not sure if I'll be around this weekend, but if I am most of my buddies won't be, that one stand down would be much easier for two or more people.
    I will bring my top hat and magic wand. I'm in!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    On the north side of Knight road across from the horse trailer parking in the cedars there is a section of 5-10 trees down.
    Someone cut these up into managable pieces, and they just need drug off the trail. I left in a hurry and didn't get to it..........................7 trees total . The trails are not great, but do appear to be firming up, at least the part I walked.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Someone cut these up into managable pieces, and they just need drug off the trail. I left in a hurry and didn't get to it..........................7 trees total
    That someone gets a round of applause! Are these pieces manageable by one person?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    That someone gets a round of applause! Are these pieces manageable by one person?
    Should be. Most are 4 feet of less. Follow the trail up the hill north of Knight rd along 29, then take the singletrack into the woods, it's back in there before the washed out rooty drop section.................
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Should be. Most are 4 feet of less. Follow the trail up the hill north of Knight rd along 29, then take the singletrack into the woods, it's back in there before the washed out rooty drop section.................
    I think I know where you're talking just based off the rooted drop section that surprises the hell out of ppl the first time they ride it. I'll see what I can do!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Area is clear along with another section of pines stacked on each other that someone with a handsaw was working diligently on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Area is clear along with another section of pines stacked on each other that someone with a handsaw was working diligently on.
    Excellent! Did you notice any more issues in your travels back there?
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Well done Btown!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sounds like we are making progress! Is anyone interested in going out Saturday to clean up some areas, it would have to be basic tool work. I have not been on the red side of knight road along the water or from swinging bridge to hill so I don't know if either section needs work. Let me know if your interested. D

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Excellent! Did you notice any more issues in your travels back there?
    I don't think there are any other areas that need serious remediation in that particular part of the trail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I'm in for some trail work Saturday....if I'm not riding. My source up at Roaring Creek is headed out today to see if the higher elevation trails are rideable. I've got the itch!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sounds like we are making progress! Is anyone interested in going out Saturday to clean up some areas, it would have to be basic tool work. I have not been on the red side of knight road along the water or from swinging bridge to hill so I don't know if either section needs work. Let me know if your interested. D
    I'm interested depending on time and duration. Have to get an ok from the boss. Shoot me a text with your plans. What if I happen to have a little 12" baby saw that fits in a duffel bag or backpack.................cut-n-stash?
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    What if I happen to have a little 12" baby saw that fits in a duffel bag or backpack.................cut-n-stash?
    I guess the red bow saw hanging out of my backpack yesterday was not acceptable?? Either way I will bring it with when we meet up. PM me or TEAMGLP text me with trail plans.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I guess the red bow saw hanging out of my backpack yesterday was not acceptable?? Either way I will bring it with when we meet up. PM me or TEAMGLP text me with trail plans.
    Guess I wasn't too clear. I have a bow saw too, but the little one I was referring to has a gas tank.......................But I'd have to imagine that any cutting be it powered or hand could be considered "questionable" from a liability standpoint for the park. Obviously more so with power tools than hand tools.

Btown, I haven't got a text from TEAMGLP yet with any futher plans. If nothing else happens I'd at least be willing to hike in and get that big one off the red behind the trailer park..............................If I can break away from the yard work at home, apparently the wife has plans I'm not privy to yet........
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Looks like tomorrow am we may head out from hill road, not sure what time I will send a text in the am. Planning on heading back towards swinging bridge to finish that section and that should get us pretty close on the loop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Looks like tomorrow am we may head out from hill road, not sure what time I will send a text in the am. Planning on heading back towards swinging bridge to finish that section and that should get us pretty close on the loop.
    Sorry gent I'm going to scratch the itch up at Roaring Creek. If I don't come back broken, let me know what I can do tomorrow that you guys may not have finished. Sorry or bailing on you, but if I don't ride today my boss may throw me out of the house!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Wife and I parked at the old nature center and took the log remover for a walk today. It's a bit wet just after you cross the little bridge to go up behind the trailer park, and there were tracks in the mud that were either from a gator or side by side. That gave me a feeling that maybe the park had handled this log. We continued on and found the log had been taken care of. Despite having the powerhead in a trash bag, it's kind of hard to hide a 20" bar. Got a few weird looks, but nobody said anything.

Guess we'll see what the rest of the red/ honeysuckle look like tomorrow.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Drying out at all up there?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Drying out at all up there?
    It's getting better. We hit the red and honeysuckle today, the honeysuckle entrance is a mess buy the rest of the trail is in pretty good shape. The red is pretty good, but the fields to and from the horse trailer lot are a mess yet though. The cedars north of knight road have some trimming that needs done yet, but the trails only had a couple wet spots, overall pretty good shape.

It appears that park employee's have been clearing the downed trees that are easily accesible by gator/ side by side.

TEAMGLP - Do you think we could try to get an ok to attempt to reroute the water that runs down the beginning of the Honeysuckle trail? Maybe try to reroute it out to the ditch along the road so it's not running down the trail anymore.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Ferguson65 if you are referring to the section where we entered off of knight right after the guardrail probably not going to encourage changes. I've mentioned it before and they want people to cross at the cross walk a little further up knight.

As ferguson65 said the red trail was still a little wet today, areas that are normally wet were not rideable. Please use your best judgement riding at this time of year and try to hold off until the trails get a little more dry time. As always anybody that gets out on the trails and sees areas of concern please post and we will try to address them quickly, please keep checking back as we are planning a work day soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Walked blue starting at ward road through to about the 4th ravine crossing. Took upper blue (which was a wet disaster as usual) to the lower blue and back to ward road. Lower blue was in excellent condition once you got past a few wet spots before the water crossing at swinging bridge. A tree that was laying across trail also disappeared. It was the bow saw bandit!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast