Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    About 50 yards from the Ward lot make a left into the woods. The new trail follows the water to the 1st creek crossing. So it's really just parallel to the gravel double track but a whole lot more fun. It still needs a lot more work but I rode it last night and it was decent.

mtbr member
    Tried to ride the new trail on blue a couple days ago. It was blocked off at both entrances and all over the trail. Is this to keep people off of it until it's finished?

mtbr member
    Is this to the left after you make the climb up from the bridge? I though I saw something there a few weeks ago.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fell_brook View Post
    Tried to ride the new trail on blue a couple days ago. It was blocked off at both entrances and all over the trail. Is this to keep people off of it until it's finished?
    Well that sucks! It was open on Tuesday.

The dicks at AQUA were not happy about the trail. Never did get an actual reason why. They probably closed it off.

I'm still waiting to meet with the new Montco trails manager who replaced Rich. We'll leave it alone until I meet with him.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by trekcarbonboy View Post
    The dicks at AQUA were not happy about the trail. Never did get an actual reason why. They probably closed it off.
    They're protecting a drinking water source, at least in their eyes. Don't piss off the water system - they can use bad science on erosion to end MTB there if they feel like it.

On a lighter note, I haven't ridden green lane in probably 15 years. Hoping to come check it out sometime soon. Sounds like there's been a good bit of improvement since I was last there. How challenging is the Orange trail?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2006 View Post
    How challenging is the Orange trail?
    It bounces me around a good amount on my plus HT. I still ride it regardless though, some portions of it are rock garden city. It really helps picking the correct line through some of that stuff, or just finding a line period. Also some areas of the orange trail are blocked off as well, itís been like that for months now which is bummer.

I used to ride the red trail & blue trail for years, now all I ride is the blue trail & orange trail.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    Also some areas of the orange trail are blocked off as well, itís been like that for months now which is bummer.
    I thought I saw a map that showed orange as a loop... is it a couple of out-and-backs now?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    at least in their eyes.
    Probably. But it makes no sense as there are miles of trail that parallel the shore. It'd be nice to actually get some reasoning. I just left the new regional manager a message so hopefully we can get our heads together and get it open.

Yeah Orange trail has some challenging rocky spots. It has also been re-routed to add some new twisty technical stuff. It is the muddiest trail after rain. We have tried to address it but it seems like a loosing battle without a couple boardwalk sections but the park won't allow it.

If you link everything together red-blue-orange you can get 18 miles.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I thought I saw a map that showed orange as a loop... is it a couple of out-and-backs now?
    There is two loops on the orange trail, I forget the exact name of them though something like west or east. Well certain areas of just completely blocked off, but you can still make do and ride a good section of the trail.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It's more like 2 separate convoluted loops that don't really flow together right. The re-route is because the gas co doesn't want anyone on the gas line.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Yes

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456