Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    Walked blue starting at ward road through to about the 4th ravine crossing. Took upper blue (which was a wet disaster as usual) to the lower blue and back to ward road. Lower blue was in excellent condition once you got past a few wet spots before the water crossing at swinging bridge. A tree that was laying across trail also disappeared. It was the bow saw bandit!
    Has the park handled the trees that TEAMGLP said were down between ward rd and the 1st ravine?

The bow saw bandit sure is one ambitious guy!
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    Has the park handled the trees that TEAMGLP said were down between ward rd and the 1st ravine?

The bow saw bandit sure is one ambitious guy!
    I handled one tree but the 6 trees toppled over on each other was a bit too much for me. I did cut down part of a mess just so that a guy on a bike would fit under it. Maybe people on horses can't get through....ooooops!!

I was only ambitious cause the rest of the family went with. I got lucky this time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I handled one tree but the 6 trees toppled over on each other was a bit too much for me. I did cut down part of a mess just so that a guy on a bike would fit under it. .
    Are these trees substantial in size? I'll see if I can't get something to happen, but I'd rather see the person going in to handle it only take the minimum required equipment. He said hiking with a 14 pound saw sucks.........................
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Are these trees substantial in size? I'll see if I can't get something to happen, but I'd rather see the person going in to handle it only take the minimum required equipment. He said hiking with a 14 pound saw sucks.........................
    Well it's only about a football fields distance in. As long as the guy can be sneaky, it shouldn't be too bad. If he needs an accomplice the bow saw bandit may be able to arrange something.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Looks like we are in for 3 days of rain this weekend and since we can't ride maybe we can knockout some more trail work. I am looking at getting a crew together to work on the section of blue that was opened up last year. The section that goes from Hill rd. to the equestrian camp was opened up but we have never cleaned it up so I would like to get it done before everything grows in. Post here or PM me and let me know if your interested I am thinking maybe the afternoon but that could change.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    Looks like we are in for 3 days of rain this weekend and since we can't ride maybe we can knockout some more trail work. I am looking at getting a crew together to work on the section of blue that was opened up last year. The section that goes from Hill rd. to the equestrian camp was opened up but we have never cleaned it up so I would like to get it done before everything grows in. Post here or PM me and let me know if your interested I am thinking maybe the afternoon but that could change.
    I may have some time................Let me know when you want to go at it. Just try to make it a bit more than an hour in advance...................................Need to get some framing done in the master bath so drywall can go in next week. A project I can't wait to be done with. But I'm crossing my fingers the forecasters are wrong and it'll be 60 and sunny and we can continue to ride..............................
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I'm crossing my fingers the forecasters are wrong and it'll be 60 and sunny and we can continue to ride..............................
    Ill drink to that!!! I am also available til noon on Saturday and all day Sunday. Remember gents I'm on stay-cation all week next week so lets ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    So I walked the blue trail from Ward Rd in to the first ravine tonight. It's pretty sloppy still, but all the trees have been cleared. Someone beat me to it. When i got there, a ranger was in the lot, so I left the tree remover in the car. Happily, it wasn't necessary. Thanks to whoever got it done!
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Anyone able to comment on conditions, getting close to ride-able? thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    After last nights rain it is going to wet for a few days but I think most of the loop will be rideable this weekend. Warm weather and winds like today get the red trail dry quickly, some sections on the blue side may need more time. As always use common sense and avoid the wet areas when possible. Won't be long until we can get some full loop rides in, all trails are clear to my knowledge except for the Hill rd. to equestrian camp blue section that was opened last year. We did a quick scan of that area and it looks pretty bad, lots of big trees down.

mtbr member
    After last nights rain it is going to wet for a few days but I think most of the loop will be rideable this weekend. Warm weather and winds like today get the red trail dry quickly, some sections on the blue side may need more time. As always use common sense and avoid the wet areas when possible. Won't be long until we can get some full loop rides in, all trails are clear to my knowledge except for the Hill rd. to equestrian camp blue section that was opened last year. We did a quick scan of that area and it looks pretty bad, lots of big trees down.
    Wow, that would be amazing. I generally don't even think about hitting green lane unless we are in a drought. But it sounds like things have improved enough to make it ridable under normal type weather situations.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    For the last couple years it has been pretty OK on the red side outside the odd time it gets completely wrecked by horses. Blue really started to get better when Dan got involved with the park after Sandy. The entrance by Ward rd is homogenized and boring now, but at least it is rideable outside drought conditions

I rode past on the Knight road Sunday and saw a guy loading up his bike at the lot across from the climb up to dogwood. Actually looked pretty clean, despite the giant mud pit on red approaching that lot. Things seem to be recovering from the winter faster than I'd expected. Can't wait to get back up there.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    That section by the lot at markley road lot is a mess, we have been bypassing that cedar run because of that area by the lot. For those of you that head up to the dogwood look around last fall we added a section that allows you to make some loops around, it is by no means perfect but the more it gets ridden the better it will be.

The blue is tough to judge by the weather, there may still be pockets of snow in there with the way the shoreline dips in and out. I agree w alexcuse the first part of the blue lost some character but it is nice to be able to get in there without getting muddy. Drainage has been one of our biggest priorities, simple diversions at key locations has helped eliminate the big wet spots. We are looking to ride this weekend if it doesn't rain, I need to start logging some miles or my bike won't hold me anymore!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I've been riding full loop clockwise and counter clockwise already. Only spot that is a concern on blue is the sanitized ward rd to the first water crossing. It's just not draining well at all. Rest of the trail is fantastic. Let me know when you're riding this weekend. I'm in!!

mtbr member
    I've been riding full loop clockwise and counter clockwise already. Only spot that is a concern on blue is the sanitized ward rd to the first water crossing. It's just not draining well at all. Rest of the trail is fantastic. Let me know when you're riding this weekend. I'm in!!
    Are you saying that Green lane is ridable, now? I usually start on the Knights road parking lot (the last one before the bridge) and go over to the blue (off of hill road) and ride around to the bridge area near Knights road. You think that is ridable?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Use your best judgement if its a messy disaster, but I will be riding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Best idea is to give it a few days after a normal rain. We had a wet winter so I urge everyone to be patient until we get a week of dry weather. No doubt there are sections that are rideable but I am sure others are a mud pit. No sense tracking it up now or they will compare us to the equestrians. On a side note bear creek has a tendency to dry faster then anywhere around in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    On a side note bear creek has a tendency to dry faster then anywhere around in my opinion.
    So what time are we riding BC Saturday?

mtbr member
    Rode pretty much the entire park today. Trails were in great shape except one stretch on the upper blue trail, maybe 10 spots on orange and the usual 2 spots on dogwood (the approach to the lot across the street also). Red trail was especially nice.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hit GLP for a short ride tonight before the rain came through. The trails I rode were in great shape and fast. Went out with a mission to do some pruning on Honeysuckle, there was one point where the trail drops down toward the water fast then makes a sweeping turn back up the hill, but the inside of the turn has tons of rose hanging in the trail making leaning the bike almost impossible without bloodshed. That's all fixed now! The thunder started to crack as I finished pruning, and I bombed back to the truck. I had a fun, fast ride, first time hitting GLP since ditching the front derailleur and going to a 30T narrow wide. Rode the cedars before I went to honeysuckle and the conditions up there were great also. Glad to see the log over up in the cedars has been left alone, and seems to be getting more stable. That tree killed the flow and we couldn't move it, so we made it rideable.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Green Lane trail conditions

Rode the blue and red trails for the first time yesterday as a bonus in the middle of my perkiomen there-and-back from betzwood. The blue was a bit more challenging than I expected. I didn't have the stones or energy to charge the stream crossings, and there were a couple trees down, but overall really cool trails.

If you are on here, thanks to the trio that gave me directions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I know there is one big tree down on the blue, that is in a bad place to get to. I don't really remember where it was, other than right out of either the 3rd or 4th ravine from Ward Rd, I'd almost have to ride in to figure out where it is again and what the best route would be to get to it with 14# of tree remover. I think walking on off swinging bridge rd would be best but not sure if I'd get heckled for parking there..............

If someone is out there and could record the coordinates of the tree that would help get it removed.............................
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Anybody know if green lane is ridable?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Anybody know if green lane is ridable?
    It's better than ever. Place drains a lot better than you think.

mtbr member
    It's better than ever. Place drains a lot better than you think.
    Cool! For a little variety, I think I will hit Green Lane today before more rains come.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast