Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Seems that's how most places are, this year seems worst than others though. If we get another few days of rain this week everything is going into overdrive again as well.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Thanks. Everything was pretty clear the last time I rode there, but I skipped the GCX section and entered honeysuckle from the road. And I hardly ever ride lower blue. I will try to remember to throw a clipper in my bag if I ride up there.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Green Lane was bone dry with very little traction and lots of dust as of Monday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster View Post
    Green Lane was bone dry with very little traction and lots of dust as of Monday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Not much different as of today. Some of the rose has been pruned or knocked back. Still work that can be done in certain areas. I cut out the tree that was down on the rough n twisty climb for the Strava users, or the tree that was down just behind the overflow lot at the Hill road area for those who don't.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Rode yesterday, traction was great. Sloppy by the lot across from Dogwood, just like the old days

We walked up the powerline to get to hill road, then took a trail that was right by the end of the driveway. Had to climb over quite a few down trees but it eventually turned into pretty nice trail, then met up with the new trail that peels off of the "rough n twisty climb". From there we headed for Swinging Bridge. Is that a legitimate trail? My friend said he saw a pedestrian crossing painted on the driveway but I didn't notice it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I believe you are talking about the trail that enters by a downed cedar near the top of hill. If that is the case that was the old upper trail, after Sandy all of those trees you are referring to were down. By the time we got everything else cleaned up and we got up there it was out of control overgrown, the other issue is that sits perfectly flat up there for a long stretch and is like marsh land. We used to ride from my house up the power lines and hop in there every Thursday night for the loop and you are right that is a great trail when it starts to descend. The issue we ran into when we went to start cutting that back is if you look on your map from the ride that day you are skirting the property line the entire time up along that ridge. When I approached the park about cleaning that area up we decided it would be better to get away from the property line and start fresh and that is how the new trail came about. I think the new trail and the general area we are talking about is some of the best terrain on the map as far as scenery and variety.

BTW I apologize for not stopping on Snyder I think you came out of the orange on the crossing when I was going up in my truck that day. I am always cautious in that area and I just didn't see you until it was to late.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    I think the new trail and the general area we are talking about is some of the best terrain on the map as far as scenery and variety.
    So the park has had 10 months since we marked it to cut the one or two trees out that were in the way..................last winter more fell, it's now a mess. What's your thoughts on me just seeing it through so we can start riding it? I walked it with the wife a few months back and the scenery is great. It was around dusk and we even saw a fox up there.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    I have been ridding green lane all summer, generally, blue to orange and back to red and back to the red to the lot on Knights road next to the bridge where people fish. For some reason, I can't figure out where you guy are talking about. I feel like I am missing out!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    BTW I apologize for not stopping on Snyder I think you came out of the orange on the crossing when I was going up in my truck that day. I am always cautious in that area and I just didn't see you until it was to late.
    All good man - I came out a little hot. I didn't know it was you but actually felt bad about that too, I just recently got a suspension fork and I'm still getting used to the way it changes handling.

I did see that it skirts the property line, and could definitely see that first bit getting messy. The new trail does link up with it around the time where it starts to get good, so if we can get that bad boy cleared it should be great.

Vespasianus - look for orange tape on your right when you're going up the climb from blue trail double track to the hill road driveway (if you're going counterclockwise around the reservoir).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Vespasianus - look for orange tape on your right when you're going up the climb from blue trail double track to the hill road driveway (if you're going counterclockwise around the reservoir).
    Thanks Alex. Planning on riding tomorrow morning and will keep a look out for the trail. Is the hill road driveway the entrance to the horse parking area?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Unfortunately I think someone may have removed the orange tape (ferguson65 said it was missing for the first 50 yards). As you are going up the climb look for a large vine on the right about head high and go in there. I will try to get out there and figure out what needs to be done and get a plan together, this weekend is bad for me but how about next weekend we try to get a couple people out there and get it cleaned up?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I will try to get out there and figure out what needs to be done and get a plan together, this weekend is bad for me but how about next weekend we try to get a couple people out there and get it cleaned up?
    I should be good for a couple hours. If I don't come up with a way to make something happen this weekend..............Even so there's always more to be done.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Thanks Alex. Planning on riding tomorrow morning and will keep a look out for the trail. Is the hill road driveway the entrance to the horse parking area?
    No, sorry. It is the driveway to the main access area on the blue trail side (where the boat rental is). This was the time I rode it:

https://www.strava.com/activities/320517766

Unfortunately there was a GPS glitch so it doesn't have that trail in the right spot. But if you look for the segment called "rough n twisty climb" it is about 2/3 of the way up that on the right. If you look at the section where it looks like I was riding in the reservoir and mentally shift it down and to the right (that right turn in the middle of the reservoir was actually the start of "rough n twisty climb")you will get an idea where the turn off is. Even if the tape is gone, you can find it by the large vine that TEAMGLP mentions.

Hope you had a good ride!

mtbr member
    No, sorry. It is the driveway to the main access area on the blue trail side (where the boat rental is). This was the time I rode it:

https://www.strava.com/activities/320517766

Unfortunately there was a GPS glitch so it doesn't have that trail in the right spot. But if you look for the segment called "rough n twisty climb" it is about 2/3 of the way up that on the right. If you look at the section where it looks like I was riding in the reservoir and mentally shift it down and to the right (that right turn in the middle of the reservoir was actually the start of "rough n twisty climb")you will get an idea where the turn off is. Even if the tape is gone, you can find it by the large vine that TEAMGLP mentions.

Hope you had a good ride!
    I now get it. I rode this morning - trails were fantastic - but missed this. Will make sure to look for this trail next time.

I should also say that with the leaves down, some of the trails, such as the orange trail, were actually hard to follow!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Ferguson, sounds good if you make it out that is great.

I have always tried to get out with the blowers and get the leaves off because it gets tough to see especially at night. The county is usually ok with it so I will keep you posted if we try to blow them out some day as well, i usually try to wait until most are down. I believe this has helped with the drainage in the past few years especially in the spring.

mtbr member
    Hey, went ridding at green lane and on the way back to the car on a little side trail off the main red trail (that is in the field) I saw this sign. Never noticed it before.Green Lane trail conditions-img_1517.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Pretty sure that is on the little side trail near the shale cliff. We have run into troopers back there, kids jump off the cliff into the water and I am sure this sign is a cya.

mtbr member
    Pretty sure that is on the little side trail near the shale cliff. We have run into troopers back there, kids jump off the cliff into the water and I am sure this sign is a cya.
    Yes, that is pretty much where it is. Not for people using the trail but more to stop kids from swimming in the water.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    The upper blue reroute we marked last winter is cut open and blown. It should be near impossible to miss coming up the climb along the Hill road entrance. It is rideable but has lots of loose rocks, beware, or toss a few in the woods. The ravine crossing exit is difficult, good luck!
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    We should have rode it last night after Whiteclay!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    So who knows about the "mountain bike demo day" sign at the Knight road horse lot? No name of the host on the sign, and google can't find anything...................................

Glp was great today, the deer were a little bit nuts though.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    So who knows about the "mountain bike demo day" sign at the Knight road horse lot? No name of the host on the sign, and google can't find anything...................................

Glp was great today, the deer were a little bit nuts though.
    I saw that as well and wondered what that was about. Not even a date?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I saw that as well and wondered what that was about. Not even a date?
    There was a date 11/22 10A to 4P.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    There was a date 11/22 10A to 4P.
    Yeah saw that yesterday as well. Googled and found nothing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    http://www.montcopa.org/ArchiveCente...File/Item/2686

Bike and Blades out of Skippack is doing the event with Rocky Mountain Bikes available for demo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm going to ride the Perk trail up and see what's going on with the demo on Sunday morning. May demo a bike if something looks fun. Or just say hi and stick with my Niner and do a loop around all of the trails

mtbr member
    Everything was in pretty good shape today all things considered. Usual wet spots.

mtbr member
    Rode yesterday, things were mostly fine. The usual wet spots are extra bad thanks to the changing temps, but not awful yet. Bring back the cold!

mtbr member
    Rode green lane for a bit today -just mostly the red trail. Trails were frozen but man people must have been riding in the mud as the ruts from bikes were bad. My rear hub ended up eating itself and had a long and cold walk back to the car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Ive been walking the dogs and everything has been a mess the past few weeks with all the rain, but still seeing alot of Bike and Horse tracks which are now all frozen solid.

mtbr member
    Rode orange this morning, its not too badly rutted but there has been a ton of widening in spots. Trails were crunchy from frost heave.

The newish stuff on the north side of Snyder road is riding really nicely right now thanks to the relative lack of traffic and the leaves that have been covering it. That is really turning into a pretty sweet trail.

mtbr member
    Rode orange this morning, its not too badly rutted but there has been a ton of widening in spots. Trails were crunchy from frost heave.

The newish stuff on the north side of Snyder road is riding really nicely right now thanks to the relative lack of traffic and the leaves that have been covering it. That is really turning into a pretty sweet trail.

Thanks for the heads up. With freezing temp last night, and your post, may try to hit the park today before it warms. Someone needs to make a new map, as I keep hearing of all these new trails, but have not found any of them yet!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up. With freezing temp last night, and your post, may try to hit the park today before it warms. Someone needs to make a new map, as I keep hearing of all these new trails, but have not found any of them yet!
    If you use strava, the new orange trail (about a year old really) is called "skookum" in one direction. It meets the old orange trail in 3 spots, and is pretty well marked with orange streamer tape. I'm planning to go back tomorrow afternoon if you want a tour. Gonna roll from the spring mount trailhead on the perk trail around noon.

mtbr member
    If you use strava, the new orange trail (about a year old really) is called "skookum" in one direction. It meets the old orange trail in 3 spots, and is pretty well marked with orange streamer tape. I'm planning to go back tomorrow afternoon if you want a tour. Gonna roll from the spring mount trailhead on the perk trail around noon.

Thanks for the invite but can't make it tomorrow. Rode today and the trails overall where in good shape. Nice and frozen. Did the usual blue to orange to red and back ride. Some of the ice on the gullies was thin and broke easily and other spots had really thick ice that all most threw me down.

I have noticed that there are lots of side trails on the orange but have not taken many of them. Will look for the section you mentioned.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    red trail is mostly snowy except for the sections in the woods next to the res. not really worth walking thru the snow to ride those sections. I do want to say thanks to the town hero lurking at the end of the honeycomb entrance on knight road, holding xc skis, who decided to yell at my 6 year old and i for riding. get laid bud! the trail has been a joke for years and we only rode the well drained sections in the woods next to the res. walked past any wet and snowy sections. he even yelled at me for not wearing a helmet! what a good samaritan! if ur that sour wait in the horse trailer lot and yell at them!

mtbr member
    Glad he yelled at you for not wearing a helmet, you should. Not only should you to protect yourself but you got a kid. Who's going to take care of him if you get hurt cause you were to cool to wear a helmet? At least do it to be a responsible parent, that's way cooler than not wearing a helmet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    thanks bud. good to c another good samaritan out there! guess i am just too cool to were a helmet while walking or doing like .1 mph in the trail trying to teach my son how to shift his new 8speed. thanks to you, i will wear my full face everytime i ride the dead flat red trail. thanks dr. phil.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I knew that was coming... HA!

On a serious note some kid died in Green Lane park many years ago riding his MTB. Apparently he hit his head on a rock. The article doesn't mention anything about a helmet being worn, but my coworker remembers the story and said he did have a helmet on, but the rock pushed his helmet up.

Harleysville Teen Dies In Bike Crash - tribunedigital-mcall

I'm not the helmet police, but just something to think about.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    I knew that was coming... HA!
    Oh so did I, but I was curious if there was anything worth protecting with a helmet. I guess I got my answer!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    that is a terrible story. I'm very sorry to learn about a death in anyone's family. especially to a child

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    leave it to old heads to derail a simple conditions report while calling out a random noodle w cross country skis lurker. I'm sure u guys will both make great parents. make sher ur kids wear knee, elbow, and wrist protection when crossing the road...or moving along a side walk.

mtbr member
    What I find funny about green lane is that people will yell at bikes for ridding on soft trails but horses are OK and good to go. 99% of the trail damage in Green lane is from horses.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I agree the horses to a majority of the damage, but I also see damage done by riders that could be avoided by waiting a few days to get on your bike. In my opinion the park would rather have the equestrians than riders, so I try to keep my impact on the land to a minimum and from past trail building I know how hard it is to keep trails in great shape when people are riding in wet/muddy conditions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by humbleslc View Post
    I agree the horses to a majority of the damage, but I also see damage done by riders that could be avoided by waiting a few days to get on your bike. In my opinion the park would rather have the equestrians than riders, so I try to keep my impact on the land to a minimum and from past trail building I know how hard it is to keep trails in great shape when people are riding in wet/muddy conditions.
    I agree 100%. The bike marks on some of the red trail were really bad. I last rode on a 14 degree day and everything was frozen solid, but the tire tracks were deep and everywhere. Actually, horses coming through to mash those all down would be good!

mtbr member
    I rode the orange trail a bunch yesterday, and the new stuff was surprisingly good - nearly perfect actually. Most of orange was good.

The old climb up to the gas line was practically a creek (are there plans to replace that with the new trail? I never took that trail up before but saw some orange blazes going in that direction, not just surveyor tape). So is the trail back to the parking lot if you do the loop back there clockwise. There are still sections of packed snow 2-4" deep in that loop behind the lot as well.

I was riding a fatbike but I think it would've been borderline passable on skinny tires. When I left around 11:30 conditions were starting to deteriorate but hadn't gotten too bad yet. Hoping we get a good snow tonight and it stays cold enough that it doesn't become an ice shell. I'm itching to do a full loop.

mtbr member
    I rode the orange trail a bunch yesterday, and the new stuff was surprisingly good - nearly perfect actually. Most of orange was good.

The old climb up to the gas line was practically a creek (are there plans to replace that with the new trail? I never took that trail up before but saw some orange blazes going in that direction, not just surveyor tape). So is the trail back to the parking lot if you do the loop back there clockwise. There are still sections of packed snow 2-4" deep in that loop behind the lot as well.

I was riding a fatbike but I think it would've been borderline passable on skinny tires. When I left around 11:30 conditions were starting to deteriorate but hadn't gotten too bad yet. Hoping we get a good snow tonight and it stays cold enough that it doesn't become an ice shell. I'm itching to do a full loop.
    I hear you. I am hoping to be able to get out either Wednesday morning or Thursday when it really drops.

mtbr member
    Also, any idea how the blue trail will be on Thursday? Supposed to be freezing at night on Wednesday and only in the low 20's on Thursday - could be a perfect day to ride!

mtbr member
    Unless there is snow over the ice I typically avoid the blue trail when its really cold just cause of all the creek crossings. The trail itself should be fine, though I'd bet the far upper section is pretty rutted where it holds water.

mtbr member
    Rode the red trail today, very rutted in spots and that descent across from Knight Rd lot that was recently smoothed out at the bottom is falling apart. Still a lot of snow in the fields, but the trails in the woods are pretty clear.

Hoping the ruts were only an inch deep and exacerbated by frost heave, but not sure. Some spots they seemed deep enough I didn't know how anyone could've pedaled through.

mtbr member
    Rode the red trail today, very rutted in spots and that descent across from Knight Rd lot that was recently smoothed out at the bottom is falling apart. Still a lot of snow in the fields, but the trails in the woods are pretty clear.

Hoping the ruts were only an inch deep and exacerbated by frost heave, but not sure. Some spots they seemed deep enough I didn't know how anyone could've pedaled through.

I ended up ridding in the Wiss on Thursday and it was great. My fear with Green lane was that the lack of traffic would keep the trails snow covered.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I ended up ridding in the Wiss on Thursday and it was great. My fear with Green lane was that the lack of traffic would keep the trails snow covered.
    Sorry for the lack of information over the past few months, family - kids - work have all been busy. Just read through of the post and it is great to see people have been getting out on the dry and frozen days! I will try to keep everyone in the loop in the near future as we are hoping to have and expand our trail days which will be good for everyone.

I am hoping to work on the orange trail this week at some point, I may try to go in and blow the leaves out to get the drainage open as well as assess any damage. The creek bed that someone referred to is the portion of the orange that we are eliminating due to erosion and overall bad conditions. In the fall the county marked a portion of the "new" orange trail however didn't finish the entire loop hence the missing link. I was told that should be done possibly this week.

As far as horses and mtb riders I believe most are guilty of going out to see "how dry it is". Obviously some are oblivious to trail conservation and maintenance but as a whole the mtb group is in very good standing with the county right now, more so than most would believe. As long as we continue spreading the word and maintaining the trails we ride the park will continue to allow the work that has been done and is going on currently.

Thanks again to everyone that post on here it is a great way for me to gauge legit trail activity and conditions when the rest of my life is chaos. I hope to be out on the trails as soon as they dry up and my schedule permits, I will post any trail work on here in the future.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Anyone think it is ridable? The wiss is frozen and in great shape. How is green lane?

mtbr member
    I think you can probably catch a freeze tomorrow morning. Looks like we have more slop coming Friday so this weekend might be messy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Rode GL Thursday morning. The upper Blue trail is in really bad conditions in many areas. Spots that weren't bad before look like old creek beds now. Must have been some serious washout from heavy rain.

Are we allowed to fix existing trails or do we need park permission?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Does anyone know if we are allowed to ride green lane after dark?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patroller View Post
    Does anyone know if we are allowed to ride green lane after dark?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No, you are not. But the Rangers have all gone home so there's nobody there to bother you about it. Done it numerous times and will continue to.

Rode Red with my brother Sunday, along with a loop of the upper and lower blue. Conditions were pretty damn good considering. The usual wet spots were about average. There are some trees down that need attention.

I can free up for a workday here or there. Not getting email notifications of posts right now and trying to figure that out...................
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    On tues evening my group rode all of Blue from the bridge, to the perkiomen trail. Was in pretty good shape. It was about dark when we reached the perk. and not knowing the deal rode the perk. to the connector, then roads back across the top to the lot.
    11.2 mls. will be back soon

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Trails are in ok shape. Not too muddy but a lot of washout. Also needs more bikes to roll down the horse tracks on the red trail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I tackled the red & blue trail today. Great day for a ride and trail was mostly dry except for the usual spots. Right before you get to that 2nd parking lot on Knight Rd/29 the trail is always wet/muddy there. I've never seen it dry before...haha.

A few spots on the blue trail have some really awesome short little technical sections. Basically the ones with yellow warning signs.
    For some reason I don't remember all of these particular areas, just wish there was more.

Couldn't clear this one section on my fatty. The pic makes it look easy but trying to get up that short little steep hill after the rocks was a PIA.

Anyone clearing this on a HT?
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    That down tree is new since I was there last but I've rode that line on a HT before the trail was down and on my 160mm FS. There used to be a line on top of that rock wall but it was slick as snot.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    That tree just needs to go. It's totally blocking the top line, and the stacked in stuff is nothing more than an injury waiting to happen. One of these days I'll get to it. I was warned about it while out on my FS. Didn't even try. Work requires me in one piece.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    That down tree is new since I was there last but I've rode that line on a HT before the trail was down and on my 160mm FS. There used to be a line on top of that rock wall but it was slick as snot.
    Without the tree in the way I could probably clear it as well, it really just slows you down....a lot. The rocks are pretty gnarly as well. Yeah that rock wall with the water running down it looks nutty to ride. I looked at that wall for a while, because you can kind of see the old line there. I'm guessing the tree down created detour below.

That tree just needs to go. It's totally blocking the top line, and the stacked in stuff is nothing more than an injury waiting to happen. One of these days I'll get to it. I was warned about it while out on my FS. Didn't even try. Work requires me in one piece.
    Yeah I can picture someone hurting themselves there or having a serious pucker moment.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    I tackled the red & blue trail today. Great day for a ride and trail was mostly dry except for the usual spots. Right before you get to that 2nd parking lot on Knight Rd/29 the trail is always wet/muddy there. I've never seen it dry before...haha.

A few spots on the blue trail have some really awesome short little technical sections. Basically the ones with yellow warning signs.
    For some reason I don't remember all of these particular areas, just wish there was more.

Couldn't clear this one section on my fatty. The pic makes it look easy but trying to get up that short little steep hill after the rocks was a PIA.

Anyone clearing this on a HT?

I ride it. I come from knights road side and the key is getting enough speed down to get over the logs and when you hit that rock ledge on the other side to keep going and get up the other side. I am not on HT, but full suspension.

That is one of my favorite little sections on the blue trail. That little jump right before the steep down is something I always look forward to. Before that tree fell there, that dip was really fun to get some speed on. The trail has become a little washed out but is still fun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I ride it. I come from knights road side and the key is getting enough speed down to get over the logs and when you hit that rock ledge on the other side to keep going and get up the other side. I am not on HT, but full suspension.

That is one of my favorite little sections on the blue trail. That little jump right before the steep down is something I always look forward to. Before that tree fell there, that dip was really fun to get some speed on. The trail has become a little washed out but is still fun.
    Yeah I could definitely see a FS bike handling it pretty well.
    I just wish their were more sections like this on the trail.....but we can't have it all.
    I'll try more speed next time.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Yeah I could definitely see a FS bike handling it pretty well.
    I just wish their were more sections like this on the trail.....but we can't have it all.
    I'll try more speed next time.
    I love the blue and orange trails. I think the people who are working on Green lane should be given beer for life. They have made that place a fun place to ride. I now choose to ride that more than the Wiss most of the time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I love the blue and orange trails. I think the people who are working on Green lane should be given beer for life. They have made that place a fun place to ride. I now choose to ride that more than the Wiss most of the time.
    Yeah I enjoy riding Green lane as well a lot. Nothing like jumping all the horse pooh... It's funny though I used to live within a 5min bike ride to the Wiss, but didn't ride it very often back then. Compared to now and the almost hour ride to get there now.
    Green lane and Nox are usually my go to spots. Even though I developed a soft spot for Belmont P. now since I finally figured out the route.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Tried that logover pictured on my hardtail Saturday. It's probably rideable, I hit it a bit too slow. Somebody made a failed attempt to cut it out of the trail though, which means that it will be gone once the park finds it. Try it while you can! Conditions were great Saturday am.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Yeah I enjoy riding Green lane as well a lot. Nothing like jumping all the horse pooh... It's funny though I used to live within a 5min bike ride to the Wiss, but didn't ride it very often back then. Compared to now and the almost hour ride to get there now.
    Green lane and Nox are usually my go to spots. Even though I developed a soft spot for Belmont P. now since I finally figured out the route.
    The Wiss has changed; as the trails there get easier and more like Nox, Green lane and Salisbury are more enjoyable when on a FS bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Wiss used to be crazy! Have not been there in years- it is more flow than chunk
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    ? Left off last message
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molasses View Post
    Wiss used to be crazy! Have not been there in years- it is more flow than chunk
    No, the Wiss still has great rocky sections. The chief side (quadrant) is still were most of the rocky trails are located. However, it is changing. The new trails (on the other sides) are all flow.

The variety is nice to have. I remember when we only had the Wiss and Belmont to ride. Now, we get those plus Green lane, plus Nox, plus High Rocks, plus if you don't mind a 40-90 minute ride, you also have places like Salisbury, South Mountain, Fair Hill and White clay. This area is really a great place to live if you like to mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Tried that logover pictured on my hardtail Saturday. It's probably rideable, I hit it a bit too slow. Somebody made a failed attempt to cut it out of the trail though, which means that it will be gone once the park finds it. Try it while you can! Conditions were great Saturday am.
    See that it got you too!
    I'm going to try it next time on my burly HT and leave the fatty at home.

The Wiss has changed; as the trails there get easier and more like Nox, Green lane and Salisbury are more enjoyable when on a FS bike.
    I don't think you need a FS bike for Green lane though, can't comment on Salisbury never been there. The Wiss beats me up a little on my HT, but not so much on my fatty. Must be the float from the tires.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    See that it got you too!

I don't think you need a FS bike for Green lane though, can't comment on Salisbury never been there. The Wiss beats me up a little on my HT, but not so much on my fatty. Must be the float from the tires.
    I would agree with that. In fact, I don't think you need a FS in most places but you definitely will feel less beat up!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    See that it got you too!
    I walked (pushed) it last time on the FS. Looked a bit different this past week when I tried it on the HT. Doable, but you have to commit, which means one miscue and you're on the ground.

I don't think you need a FS bike for Green lane though, can't comment on Salisbury never been there.
    FS not needed for Green Lane. But I sure missed it last weekend! Haven't ridden enough yet this year and the HT really beat me up last week. Leave the hardtail at home for Sals.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Well, maybe this was mentioned but no one is going through that gully anymore. This was there yesterday:

No idea why the picture got turned around like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Green Lane trail conditions-img_2070.jpg  

mtbr member
    Meh roll it out of the way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Is that the piece from the upper line that someone was trying to cut open?

I didn't do it. Everything would be gone if I did. Roll that biitch downstream and ride on! Yeah, gotta spell it wrong or it gets edited.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    That upper line is seriously dangerous, slick as snot the one time I hit it. No reason to not open it but there are people far less daring than me out there.

mtbr member
    Is that the piece from the upper line that someone was trying to cut open?

I didn't do it. Everything would be gone if I did. Roll that biitch downstream and ride on! Yeah, gotta spell it wrong or it gets edited.
    Could be. That log was a lot heavier than you would think! Funny how the things look so much flatter in pictures!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    ................. No reason to not open it but there are people far less daring than me out there.
    And far more talented!
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Could be. That log was a lot heavier than you would think! Funny how the things look so much flatter in pictures!
    Having a saw there and then leaving it lay in the lower line IS a dick move. Coulda just cut it up and moved it.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    And far more talented!

Name:  potcallskettle.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  41.9 KB

I agree leaving that log there was a dick move. Do the horses avoid that section?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Do the horses avoid that section?
    Apparently there are people smarter than you also.............Horses just step over it and keep going!
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    I was actually being serious, I've never seen a horse back in that area in all the times I've rode there.

mtbr member
    Having a saw there and then leaving it lay in the lower line IS a dick move. Coulda just cut it up and moved it.
    I did get the feeling that it was put there to keep people from ridding the gully.

As for horses, I have never really seen horses on that area of the blue section but I know they go there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I rode through it last weekend. Took me 3 tries but I finally made it through. Gtting over the tree and rocks is easy getting up the other side was the tough part. The rocks where a bit flatter than your picture so someone did a little re-arranging. That tree is huge so whoever thinks "just roll it away" is nuts.
    2 ladies on horses rode through it (left to right in the picture) when I was there. 1 horse was frickin HUGE! and made quite a racket going through. But I gotta say they had a much easier time than I did. ;-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    What is the big deal with this section?? I took one look and made it over first shot. Yes, take out the terrible ramp stacks on each end but leave the tree. Don't make the trails easier...up your skills!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    What is the big deal with this section?? I took one look and made it over first shot. Yes, take out the terrible ramp stacks on each end but leave the tree. Don't make the trails easier...up your skills!
    Not 100% sure what you are talking about. What stacks? The tree laying across the trail is fine. The only issue here is the big log that someone cut and rolled into the middle of the trail to prevent people ridding it. Is that still there?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    Can I say suck it Rob on here? Looks like I can!

Seriously, if every tree that fell was left in the trails there would be no trails. Get over it.

Second point being, and this is straight from TeamGLP, who is the middleman between the bikers and the park. A tree that falls on the trails is fine. Once ANYONE (park employee, rogue trail maintainer) takes a saw to a fallen tree and cuts it the park is now responsible (liable) for it (cuz us rogues aren't supposed to do that).

Like I said before, ride it now, because it will be gone sooner or later. Whoever cut the top line open (and rolled the piece into the lower line) sealed that deal.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Conditions are great except for the massive mud holes on the orange trail. The guys out building more orange trails need to stop building and start maintaining. I have offered to help, but it seems to go nowhere. More trails are great but maintenance should come first.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Friends of Green Lane meeting Wednesday 4-27, 6:30pm at pavilion near park office.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trekcarbonboy View Post
    Friends of Green Lane meeting Wednesday 4-27, 6:30pm at pavilion near park office.
    Who is hosting/ running this? Or did you just come up with it right after you called out the people who are doing trailwork? The new orange lines were intended to be permanent bypasses for the wet sections. That's why the original isn't being maintained.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    My apologies if it sounded like I was calling someone out. It was not my intention.

Who's hosting... The Friends of Green Lane. This is their 4th meeting and are working with the park manager to improve the park. It is not a bike group, but a coalition of all trail users.

Permenant bypasses.... not exactly. You have to go through 2 of the sloppy sections to get to the new trails. Plus if that were the case they would follow the same or similar route. And I've spoken with the guys who built them and that's not the goal.

I was texting with the guy you say I "called out" this afternoon and he is totally on board with fixing the muddy sections, just a bit busy with other commitments. We are hoping to get out soon. The only thing preventing maintenance of the trail is time and availability and the fact that 1 guy has the tools that the park allotted for us to use.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trekcarbonboy View Post
    Who's hosting... The Friends of Green Lane. This is their 4th meeting and are working with the park manager to improve the park. It is not a bike group, but a coalition of all trail users.
    Well I will make a point to attend. I've lived in Green Lane or Pennsburg all my 31 years and have never heard of this. There are things going on with some of the trails that the park is off track on and something needs said. Example is whatever the hell they are trying to accomplish on the blue at Ward road. They covered the existing packed solid dirt trail with cedar branches, and covered a 4 foot wide swath of grass with cinders and no base........................WTF? There was no erosion issue. One good rain and those cinders will be on Knight road. They are also making a big mess near the end of Honeysuckle at the old maintenance road. Not sure what's going on there other than making a mess.

I'm happy to see the park has clearly found some funding to make some needed trail improvements in erosion control and signage. However some funds could be better allocated. I also know the same guy with all the tools, but if everybody has tools, rogue trails will get built and it will get out of control. There's got to be some form of checks in place.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Can I say suck it Rob on here? Looks like I can!.
    why are everyones panties in a bunch about this place?? Ride your bikes (more and better in your case scott ), maintain the trails you're allowed to and oh did I mention...ride your bike and get the f%$k off forums. But seriously, thank you for the Friday evening entertainment!

mtbr member
    Hahaha Scott has a mangina!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Green Lane trail conditions

Honestly guys I rode the orange this morning and it's an awesome trail as it has always been. It's rocky, rooty, and usually has some wet spots. AND THATS WHY I LOVE IT!! If you don't want to ride a tech trail, then don't ride it. Mountain biking does include riding in mud, so deal. Let's work on removing fallen trees that actually do stop us, not mud that gets your shoes dirty

mtbr member
    I heard yesterday that the Knight Rd bridge is closed until October. Does anyone know what section is actually being replaced, and where the road closure starts? Specifically if we can still get from the parking lot by dogwood to the ward rd lot on the walking path (assuming not).

This type of project seems likely to be delayed so the October date worries me - wondering if I've ridden my last loop for the year already!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    It is the bridge between 663 and Ward. There is a detour to take you further down 663 then onto Ward. But coming from 29 you can drive all the way up to Knight. I heard from a employee that lives on Ward that the project could take up to a year to complete.

mtbr member
    Thanks - sounds like we can still use the walking path to connect red and blue then

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast