Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 240
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    96
    Hey fellas we took a hike Saturday morning with our boys and cleared the blue trail from swinging bridge rd to ward rd. There is still a lot of snow on the trails but the damage was limited mainly to the cedar trees, the only section we could not clear was the access trail from ward to the first creek crossing and the county has been notified about that area. I will try to keep everyone in the loop when we go out again, it may be short notice but we might as well get most of the work done now so we can ride when it's dry.

    GLP is not ready for riding this year yet. I get frustrated when I see the horses out there because they do more damage and should know better but the county recognizes that we are not the causing the problems let's keep it that way. I will post any future days, if anyone has been out hiking let me know what you see and what needs work!

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    There is a tree down on the red between the old nature center and Knight rd lot that will need a chainsaw to clear. On the north side of Knight road across from the horse trailer parking in the cedars there is a section of 5-10 trees down. Beyond that when you make the right toward that bypass we cut there are a bunch of low leaners in the trail before you hit the bypass entrance. I'm just going to say that some of that stuff may disappear next weekend, at least in the cedars. I can park in the pulloff at the base of the hill before Knight road and take necessary tooling into the woods pretty quick from there. The one on the red is going to be a long walk with a proper tool, but it's around 20" dia.

    The cedars trails north of knight road opposite the horse trailer parking are absolutely beat to **** from horses. I don't know why they feel the need to go in there, but they've sure f#%ked it up.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Yeah I went out on Sunday and walked orange trail. I cleared a few trees that were blocking the trails. Especially the big pine that was blocking the trail to the left when you enter from the parking lot.
    Everything is muddy and washed out for the most part. Not going to be rideable down there for quite some time yet. I will continue to hike and clear and clean the trails until I can ride them or else I will go insane!!
    I'm up for trail day whenever you guys are.

  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    I will continue to hike and clear and clean the trails until I can ride them or else I will go insane!!
    I'm up for trail day whenever you guys are.
    I know TEAMGLP can't for various reasons, but if I need a hand making some things disappear I'll let you know. Not sure if I'll be around this weekend, but if I am most of my buddies won't be, that one stand down would be much easier for two or more people.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    I know TEAMGLP can't for various reasons, but if I need a hand making some things disappear I'll let you know. Not sure if I'll be around this weekend, but if I am most of my buddies won't be, that one stand down would be much easier for two or more people.
    I will bring my top hat and magic wand. I'm in!

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    On the north side of Knight road across from the horse trailer parking in the cedars there is a section of 5-10 trees down.
    Someone cut these up into managable pieces, and they just need drug off the trail. I left in a hurry and didn't get to it..........................7 trees total . The trails are not great, but do appear to be firming up, at least the part I walked.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  7. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    Someone cut these up into managable pieces, and they just need drug off the trail. I left in a hurry and didn't get to it..........................7 trees total
    That someone gets a round of applause! Are these pieces manageable by one person?

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    That someone gets a round of applause! Are these pieces manageable by one person?
    Should be. Most are 4 feet of less. Follow the trail up the hill north of Knight rd along 29, then take the singletrack into the woods, it's back in there before the washed out rooty drop section.................
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  9. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    Should be. Most are 4 feet of less. Follow the trail up the hill north of Knight rd along 29, then take the singletrack into the woods, it's back in there before the washed out rooty drop section.................
    I think I know where you're talking just based off the rooted drop section that surprises the hell out of ppl the first time they ride it. I'll see what I can do!

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Area is clear along with another section of pines stacked on each other that someone with a handsaw was working diligently on.

  11. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    Area is clear along with another section of pines stacked on each other that someone with a handsaw was working diligently on.
    Excellent! Did you notice any more issues in your travels back there?
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    657
    Well done Btown!
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

    T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    96
    Sounds like we are making progress! Is anyone interested in going out Saturday to clean up some areas, it would have to be basic tool work. I have not been on the red side of knight road along the water or from swinging bridge to hill so I don't know if either section needs work. Let me know if your interested. D

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    Excellent! Did you notice any more issues in your travels back there?
    I don't think there are any other areas that need serious remediation in that particular part of the trail.

  15. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    I'm in for some trail work Saturday....if I'm not riding. My source up at Roaring Creek is headed out today to see if the higher elevation trails are rideable. I've got the itch!!

  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    Sounds like we are making progress! Is anyone interested in going out Saturday to clean up some areas, it would have to be basic tool work. I have not been on the red side of knight road along the water or from swinging bridge to hill so I don't know if either section needs work. Let me know if your interested. D
    I'm interested depending on time and duration. Have to get an ok from the boss. Shoot me a text with your plans. What if I happen to have a little 12" baby saw that fits in a duffel bag or backpack.................cut-n-stash?
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    What if I happen to have a little 12" baby saw that fits in a duffel bag or backpack.................cut-n-stash?
    I guess the red bow saw hanging out of my backpack yesterday was not acceptable?? Either way I will bring it with when we meet up. PM me or TEAMGLP text me with trail plans.

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Btownrider View Post
    I guess the red bow saw hanging out of my backpack yesterday was not acceptable?? Either way I will bring it with when we meet up. PM me or TEAMGLP text me with trail plans.
    Guess I wasn't too clear. I have a bow saw too, but the little one I was referring to has a gas tank.......................But I'd have to imagine that any cutting be it powered or hand could be considered "questionable" from a liability standpoint for the park. Obviously more so with power tools than hand tools.

    Btown, I haven't got a text from TEAMGLP yet with any futher plans. If nothing else happens I'd at least be willing to hike in and get that big one off the red behind the trailer park..............................If I can break away from the yard work at home, apparently the wife has plans I'm not privy to yet........
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    96
    Looks like tomorrow am we may head out from hill road, not sure what time I will send a text in the am. Planning on heading back towards swinging bridge to finish that section and that should get us pretty close on the loop.

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    Looks like tomorrow am we may head out from hill road, not sure what time I will send a text in the am. Planning on heading back towards swinging bridge to finish that section and that should get us pretty close on the loop.
    Sorry gent I'm going to scratch the itch up at Roaring Creek. If I don't come back broken, let me know what I can do tomorrow that you guys may not have finished. Sorry or bailing on you, but if I don't ride today my boss may throw me out of the house!

  21. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Wife and I parked at the old nature center and took the log remover for a walk today. It's a bit wet just after you cross the little bridge to go up behind the trailer park, and there were tracks in the mud that were either from a gator or side by side. That gave me a feeling that maybe the park had handled this log. We continued on and found the log had been taken care of. Despite having the powerhead in a trash bag, it's kind of hard to hide a 20" bar. Got a few weird looks, but nobody said anything.

    Guess we'll see what the rest of the red/ honeysuckle look like tomorrow.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    657
    Drying out at all up there?
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

    T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Drying out at all up there?
    It's getting better. We hit the red and honeysuckle today, the honeysuckle entrance is a mess buy the rest of the trail is in pretty good shape. The red is pretty good, but the fields to and from the horse trailer lot are a mess yet though. The cedars north of knight road have some trimming that needs done yet, but the trails only had a couple wet spots, overall pretty good shape.

    It appears that park employee's have been clearing the downed trees that are easily accesible by gator/ side by side.

    TEAMGLP - Do you think we could try to get an ok to attempt to reroute the water that runs down the beginning of the Honeysuckle trail? Maybe try to reroute it out to the ditch along the road so it's not running down the trail anymore.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

  24. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    96
    Ferguson65 if you are referring to the section where we entered off of knight right after the guardrail probably not going to encourage changes. I've mentioned it before and they want people to cross at the cross walk a little further up knight.

    As ferguson65 said the red trail was still a little wet today, areas that are normally wet were not rideable. Please use your best judgement riding at this time of year and try to hold off until the trails get a little more dry time. As always anybody that gets out on the trails and sees areas of concern please post and we will try to address them quickly, please keep checking back as we are planning a work day soon.

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    53
    Walked blue starting at ward road through to about the 4th ravine crossing. Took upper blue (which was a wet disaster as usual) to the lower blue and back to ward road. Lower blue was in excellent condition once you got past a few wet spots before the water crossing at swinging bridge. A tree that was laying across trail also disappeared. It was the bow saw bandit!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •