Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    I actually really like the rocks on orange but haven't been on it since we got all that rain. Since its always wet anyways could see it becoming a bog.

I can probably give a tour (including how to connect to perk) if you can tolerate a slow single speeder. I like both ways but prefer riding up the paved climb on perk (runs right along 29) and doing red first, then crossing Knight Rd bridge and taking blue back.
    Slow is good for me, i'm no speed demon unless i'm heading down hill lol, I think i know the paved climb your talking about, once you get to the top you have to turn left to keep following the Perk? There is a steep very short down hill on the perk, Right before you go down it there is a trail to the right, is that the red? for some reason i remember it being marked.

mtbr member
    Shoot me a PM sometime, may be trying to get an after work ride in at Green Lane the week of the 12th and could show you around. Here is a map I made for IMBA's Mountain Bike Project (sorry I can't figure out how to link the whole trail system map just individual trails). Basically you ride past the school and then pick up the "Green Lane Connector" trail, and that eventually takes you down to red (where you want to keep left - turning right there takes you directly back to the Knight Rd lot but there are a lot of downed trees, so take the long way.

Green Lane trail conditions-green-lane-map.jpg

Green is the perk trail / green lane connector. The black at the south end is orange, and the blue on the north side is red. Then the black that goes just below the reservoir is blue. Ha.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Thx. Alex. I may hit the Perk from collegeville sunday morning and ride up and see if i can find the trails, Still drawing a blank as i haven't been up there in a while. When you get closer to greenlane at one point you have to get off the perk and ride the road down the hill to pick it back up and then go across that bridge that use to before cars i believe. Am i heading the right way?

mtbr member

Re: Green Lane trail conditions

I think?

The south end of the green line is deep creek road lot. I ride across the lower dam from there, ride through parking lot then turn right to get back on perk. Then ride up the hill along 29, past the school, and take connector (marked) down to red trail.

mtbr member
    Yeah i don't remember the school, The deep creek road lot. across the street from there is the dam correct? And the road that runs down to the dam has that bridge that is closed down? Either way i will just ride up and see if any of it makes sense lol.

mtbr member
    Ok i see now, So you get on 29 and ride up to knight rode to hit the trails? I see the Perk trail looks like it stops at Lakeview Dr. is that correct? Really didn't want to ride on 29 but will if i have to. I was checking out this map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...7dd84ac6&msa=0

mtbr member

No need to ride on 29 - lakeview is around where you catch 'green lane connector'

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Rode GL on Tues (2nd time since 2006) full loop, including what I'm calling the bonus red loop off-shoots and minus the orange trail south of the blue trail (need to find my way down there next time). Conditions were great. I'm generally impressed by the diversity of trail, flow and mileage, getting 15-20 after work is fun! There's a few fast downhills, 2 or 3 solid climbs and some challenging technical sections (keeps me coming back for more . Could do with less horse poo but whatcha gonna do. Big thanks to those maintaining the trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    No doubt the horse poo has been terrible on the red trails lately. I have been riding loops on the red trail and cedars lately due to time constraints. I am planning on sacrificing a ride in the next few days and weed whacking the red and cedars as it is in need of some clean up, there are a lot of Pickers and weeds growing out on the trails. Glad to hear you are enjoying GLP!

mtbr member
    Trails were in great shape today. Rode pretty much everything except the cedars section. Had to slow down because of leaves on the trail but not much. This was more of a concern on orange and blue than red. I think this was as mud-free as I've ever seen it - even the perpetually muddy spots on red and dogwood were perfect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Unfortunately I couldn't get out with you this am but we got out in the afternoon and rode mostly the cedars and they were great as well. We will be out with the blowers as soon as the majority of leaves are down and get the trails cleared off again. I agree they are dryer then they have been in a long time, it's nice not having to wash the bike. Lots of people on the trails so be aware as you are coming around the corners.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't get out with you this am but we got out in the afternoon and rode mostly the cedars and they were great as well. We will be out with the blowers as soon as the majority of leaves are down and get the trails cleared off again. I agree they are dryer then they have been in a long time, it's nice not having to wash the bike. Lots of people on the trails so be aware as you are coming around the corners.
    Where are the cedars. I think I've ridden the whole park but maybe I missed something that you guys enjoy. Thanks!

mtbr member

If you cross knight road instead of riding through the stream where red comes close top the road, you're in the cedars. Not sure if the trails across from the knight road lot are considered part off the cedars as well

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    If you pull up a map and look at knight road follow the side across from the knight road parking lot as Alexcuse said. Starting directly across from the Knight rd. lot is a section of single track that runs N-NW up knight rd and there are a few different cuts. There are also trails between Red Hill rd. and Markley and also above the Markley rd. parking lot. These trails are generally fast and twisty with pretty good flow and they are great in the winter time because the trails stay some what clear of snow. We are currently cleaning some of these up and opening some old loops that are in there.

mtbr member
    Great conditions today, just had to mind the leaves. Lots of horses and bikes out crunching them up, and saw one huge group of hikers on blue. Hopefully get another week or two of that kind of traffic before the fair weather folk hang it up for the winter.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Just a reminder that the trails are not in great shape for riding right now especially mid-afternoon. I was out doing some general maintenance today on an old trail near the blue today and saw a rider from a distance rutting the trails up. I understand people want to get out when it's warm but you are really damaging trails that people have spent a lot of time maintaining. If you need to ride get out early when the trails are still frozen.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update! Has it been getting cold enough in the morning to freeze? I'm out of town right now but really hoping to get a ride in when I get back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    Thanks for the update! Has it been getting cold enough in the morning to freeze? I'm out of town right now but really hoping to get a ride in when I get back.
    Not right now, and they're calling for around 1.5" rain today. Looks like everything should be froze up good by the middle of the week into next weekend if the forecasts are right though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Anyone been out to check out trails? Wouldn't mind getting out to do some trail maintenance so we can ride as soon as the sogginess subsides. Any takers?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Judging on my yard, and what I can see of the trails from the road, I don't think they are rideable. I've still got a solid 8-10 inches in the yard and the trails look like they've been walked on by hikers in the snow. I'm thinking we're screwed til it all melts. I was down in Newark, De by White Clay today and it appears that it's still unrideable even down there. Last time I rode GLP was new years eve with Dan, his brother and another guy. Sucks, given it's my backyard, and that was 2 months ago
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I agree with ferguson65 we are a month away from riding right now with all of the snow sitting out there and they are going to be wet for a long time. Btown brings up a good point though when the snow is gone maybe we can at least get our trail work done so we can ride when it is nice. We have hiked on the red and blue and have not seen to much in the way of trees down so that is good. As soon as the snow is off I will send a message and see if we can't get a group together, I have to think everyone is ready to get back out there. Ferguson65 have not heard anything about the new cut I think they have overwhelmed with all of this snow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I'm in for trail work in the meantime. I know last time I was out on the uncut upper trail I removed a tree laying across the trail. Just some stuff to get me out in the woods! I sound like a hippie but I miss the trees maaaaan!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    . As soon as the snow is off I will send a message and see if we can't get a group together, I have to think everyone is ready to get back out there. Ferguson65 have not heard anything about the new cut I think they have overwhelmed with all of this snow.
    I'll be up to help with any work needed in the "in between" time. I know the snow has been giving them a rough go this year, the Walt Road access has been poorly plowed, if they did it at all. Last big snow it took two weeks before they opened it up.................But if you hear anything keep me in the loop!
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Just a quick update..............Yesterday I got home from work early enough to take a quick ride over to the walt road access. The road back to the kayak/canoe/rowboat quarantine area has been roped off and unattended all winter. Some spots were bare asphalt, and some had 6 inches of snow. When the road went from asphalt to stone, it was so soft on THE ROAD that my 2.4 Trailkings sunk in and left ruts. Gonna be a while before the trails are rideable thats for sure.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Meh, just checked in here only to see what I expected. Soft, mud, life sucking spring thaw
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast