Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The trail markers were clutch! I didn't even know about the portion of the blue trail by the boat launch/dock area. I usually pedaled up the paved rode to Hill rd.

I was riding my green Cotic, but I did see the guy on the Salsa also.
    Pedaling Gorilla

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am planning on working on the blue trail tomorrow around 1 if anyone is interested in lending a hand. I have a bunch of tools and would like to get some work done in the ravines since the trails are to wet for riding right now. Send me a pm if your interested in helping tomorrow.
    Thanks
    Dan

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We were able to get in and get some work done today. The two ravines from swinging bridge towards ward are in pretty good shape now as we were able to fill in the up-rooted tree balls and grade them out. The areas may see some settling but I figure we can go in and fix it up as needed. I will post future work days as they are set.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Rode the loop tonight and the trails are in great shape, very few wet spots and the ravines are riding a lot smoother. The first section from ward. Rd. has lost some of its luster with all of the stone they added but at least it is dry now and it gets you in to the good sections without the mess. We will continue to do more work in the ravines and hopefully open up some more trails on the upper blue.

mtbr member

Re: Green Lane trail conditions

Good conditions today considering the amount of rain we got on Saturday. I rode red and blue trails. Usual spots weT, beginning of blue trail stays dry after all the gravel though (kinda boring now but beats waiting a week+ to dry out). Upper blue trail had some muddy spots, suspect the other side of Knight Rd is messy too. Trails by the reservoir were great though, should recover relatively quickly if it rains tomorrow considering the shape theyre in and the temps expected.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    I have only rode up there once, Looking to do a morning ride saturday. Was thinking of hitting here or french creek. Are the trails pretty easy to follow and get back to the lot? not looking to get lost.

Joe

mtbr member

Easier to get lost the farther you get from reservoir. But if you stay close to the water should be fine. I think there's maps at the Knight Rd trailhead.

To close the loop around water or get to the orange trail you can use the perkiomen trail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am working with the park to organize a trail work day on Saturday June 1st, from
    8-11 the goal is to identify a few areas and dial them in that day. Today I went out and identified a few areas and depending on the number of volunteers we get that day. I have spoken with a few of you about the day and I am passing the word on to the local bike shops, please get the word out to anyone you know that might be interested in helping that day. Overall the trails looked good today but the rain this week may keep us off for a little bit.

mtbr member
    Going to try and make this one, Any tools needed? i have access to alot of stuff.

Joe

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was able to get out and do some work today on the orange trail which is located right at the park off of Snyder road. For those of you not familiar with this trail it is a nice short loop that doesn't get much attention but it is a great area to do some laps in after work. There are a few wet spots out there right now but I am hoping to get some drainage issues fixed in there. I rode the orange tonight and it needs some clean up but it is very rideable .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMGLP View Post
    I was able to get out and do some work today on the orange trail which is located right at the park off of Snyder road. For those of you not familiar with this trail it is a nice short loop that doesn't get much attention but it is a great area to do some laps in after work. There are a few wet spots out there right now but I am hoping to get some drainage issues fixed in there. I rode the orange tonight and it needs some clean up but it is very rideable .
    That is great news and THANK YOU for your trail work. Highly appreciated!

Also, any updates on the red and blue sections?
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I didn't ride the red or blue this week but I assumed it might be wet at spots, the plan is to start getting some more riding days in. I will post any updates.
    D

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey all - I live down closer to Philly, but saw that I can take the Schuylkill/Perkiomen trail all the way up to Green Lane, so it would be a great training ride. How long of a loop can be put together once I get up there? Is there maybe something in the 10 mile range of easy/moderate difficulty? I would probably want to skip the really advanced stuff (I guess that is a relative term) given how long of a total ride it will be.

mtbr member
    If you do the red / blue loop it ends up right around 10 miles. Nothing too advanced, orange is the only place with any real chunk. I live really close to the midpoint of the Perkiomen trail so find myself riding it a lot. Its kind of a drag on my singlespeed but it does seem to help me get better at spinning (and also makes sure I'm warmed up by the time I get to the singletrack at either end).

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks - that sounds like the way to go then. I am looking at 23 miles from my door to the trailhead, and the same home...so yeah, should be nice and warmed up by then!

mtbr member
    Can you pickup the single track right off the Perk trail? Or do you need to ride the road some?

mtbr member

Perk trail can get you to blue, or up to red via 'green lane connector'

mtbr member
    I only rode the Perk trail to Green lane near the lake once. Is it near there?

mtbr member

Yeah you can ride across the dam and pick up on the other side. Generally speaking left turn gets you to blue and right gets you to red.

mtbr member
    Ok cool, Never been across the Dam, we use to run our RC crawlers on the rocks in the small lot near the office. will have to check it out. The parking lot across the road from the lake, I think i see some trails go up the hill from the lot, are they rideable to? i never checked them out.

mtbr member

Think that is orange you're thinking of. Chunky (for me on rigid bikes anyway) but very rideable. Only a few miles but great change of pace.

mtbr member
    Sounds good, I'm down near Phoenixville. I may have to ride up the Perk and check it out. I only rode green lane many many years ago and we parked at some little gravel lot and rode on some little dirt rode through a field back to the trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The Perk trail will get you right to orange trail however as alexcuse said it is not in the best shape as we are trying to get a plan together for it. The blue trail starts up the hill to the equestrian camp and then follows across hill rd. and along hill rd. until you reach the day use area up there. Hopefully that helps.

mtbr member

I actually really like the rocks on orange but haven't been on it since we got all that rain. Since its always wet anyways could see it becoming a bog.

I can probably give a tour (including how to connect to perk) if you can tolerate a slow single speeder. I like both ways but prefer riding up the paved climb on perk (runs right along 29) and doing red first, then crossing Knight Rd bridge and taking blue back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I rode the perk up from valley forge on Sunday, then did maybe a half mile or so on the orange before calling it quits due to mud and potential trail daageI can see it being a fun dry trail, but I am not a fan of smooth, wet, mossy rocks all jumbled together.

What about all that singletrack alongside the perk? As I approached valley green, I noticed some pretty nice looking trails diverting off every so often. Looked like private land at first glance...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast