mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Green Lane Red??

I'm looking for help making a good little loop on Green Lane Red across the street from Knight Rd parking lot. I've been riding Green Lane but never this section and found some fun trails, trying to figure out a good little loop over there. I keep ending up in the middle or confused as to where I am, help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'll try to explain the best I can.

From the parking lot, cross Knight road and follow the trail up to the first right turn which takes you towards the highway. You will ride parallel to the highway for about 100 feet and then take your first left into the tree line and down a hill. follow that trail till you dip down into a valley where a small stream (really its more like a marsh area, cause its always muddy) and climb up the other side. About 2/3 of the way up, before the trail turns to the right, take a left hand turn back into a wooded area. Follow that trail, till you come to the third left hand turn (if you continue w/o turning you will end up in a narrow field, at this point you would turn around and take your first right). Follow this trail all the way to the end, which will open up into the far end of the narrow field. Turn left at the narrow field and follow it down the hill which will than follow a fence line of someone's house. If you keep on this trail it will take you back out near Knight Rd about 1 mile from the parking lot.

Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I will try it this weekend, thanks.

mtbr member
    There's a group ride that meets in the Knight Rd parking lot closest to 29 at 9:00 on Sunday. We usually hit both sides of Knight

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BDogg
    There's a group ride that meets in the Knight Rd parking lot closest to 29 at 9:00 on Sunday. We usually hit both sides of Knight
    I did that ride once and that's the first time I rode that area. I usually ride on the lake side trails. I'm terrible at remembering names, what bike do you ride? I ride an old Klein.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m-wilhelm
    I did that ride once and that's the first time I rode that area. I usually ride on the lake side trails. I'm terrible at remembering names, what bike do you ride? I ride an old Klein.
    I remember you, I was riding the root beer Niner

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    BDogg, I remember you too. 9 is a little too early for me to ride.

tailwind, I tried your loop and it was good but I feel there are more trails in that section that I'm missing. Let me know if you have other suggestions, I'm going to keep experimenting. It might not happen soon with this rain, Green Lane gets wet so quick.

Thanks