Gunga galunga

Green Lane conditions?

Anybody been there lately?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Was there late last week and the blue trail was really muddy for the first mile. After that it was OK. The red trail was tore up and muddy in spots, but ridable. After the rains we had last night, it will be soupy today.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Its always wet in green lane.

Skier by trade
    Aug 2006
    Could someone post where exactly I should park so I can mapquest it? I would greatly appreciate it, I will be coming from Limerick.
    Click. Point. Chute.

don't tread on me
    Jun 2004

Green Lane Parking

The more interesting trail to ride is the Blue trail. Park at the parking area on Green Lane road. The first one you come to on the right after turning off of Deep Creek road. From there, ride back out of the parking lot, go left ( towards Deep Creek) go a couple hundred yards and the trail climbs up the hill on the right. At the top, look for the small trail entrance on the far side of the equestrian campsite parking area, go 50 yards, cross over Hill Rd and drop in. Never crowded (except during GOALS races) I was there 2 Mondays ago and damp in spots - mind the horse shyte though. Who knows what it's like after the powersoaking we just had.

Karl

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hey there. I'm new to the MTB scene however I did used to take my bike throughout Green Lane Park trails when I was younger. I grew up in the area. Now I live in Harleysville and work in Limerick. I'd sure like to meet up with a crew that rides this area regularly. I had a roommate that was into it but he moved back to Colorado (lucky bastard). I'll be checking back frequently. Glad to be here.

don't tread on me
    Jun 2004
    I'll take you out there sometime - allways like meeting new riders - I'm in Collegeville. Another way to get in touch with the Philly area mtb community is to check out the newly formed Philadelphia Mountain Bike Association. We just had a great fundraising ride for trailwork in the Wissahickon this past weekend . The next meeting is Tues May 8, 7 PM at the Manyunk Diner. See you there.

mtbr member
    I would like to meet for a ride there. I live in Sellersville and have tried Green Lane but I never seem to be able to follow the maps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Anybody know the conditions at green lane?

don't tread on me
    Jun 2004
    haven't been there in 2 or so weeks. I'd imagine it's in the same shape as wissa moisture wise - nice tacky soil. On the blue trail where it dips down by the resevoir, there are some consistantly sloppy areas but other than loose rock from lack of use, it's probably pretty good.
    I'm going to ride there this Sat at 9:30ish departing from the playground and tennis parking off of Green Lane road between rt 63 and Deep Creek road. Going to do the blue trail. Anyone's welcome to come with. Not a hammer ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Its easy. Just take 29 heading towards green lane. You will see the water reservoir and all kinds of signs for green lane camping, geen lane this, green lane that, just stick to 29 and go straight. After you pass the big damn (on your left if you are coming from Limerick), keep your eye open for Knight Rd. Turn left on Knight Rd and take your first left into the first parking area. The trails start right there. You figure it out from there he he !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldog
    haven't been there in 2 or so weeks. I'd imagine it's in the same shape as wissa moisture wise - nice tacky soil. On the blue trail where it dips down by the resevoir, there are some consistantly sloppy areas but other than loose rock from lack of use, it's probably pretty good.
    I'm going to ride there this Sat at 9:30ish departing from the playground and tennis parking off of Green Lane road between rt 63 and Deep Creek road. Going to do the blue trail. Anyone's welcome to come with. Not a hammer ride
    Hey, I'm thinking of going but won't know until later. Will you check the board this evening?

Gunga galunga
    Does anyone want to ride there Wednesday 5/9 around 6pm?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Conditions are excellent. I ride there all the time. I'm sure most of you know the blue trail is off limits to mtb'ers. So don't go as far as the boat docks, that's where the park rangers hide. The best place to park for the blue trail is Ward road. If people want to meet up for a good night ride let me know. The red trail has its merits too.

don't tread on me
    Jun 2004

news to me

News to me that the blue trail is closed to mtb's. The GOALS race runs on it. Only seen one sign about bikes and it looked"fabbed" regarding any closure. Could be wrong though. Red trail is only interesting on a cx bike and then only if you stay off the grass lanes. On the fence about tomorrow - might motivate and hit Bear Creek. I'll check the post around 7am tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldog
    News to me that the blue trail is closed to mtb's. The GOALS race runs on it. Only seen one sign about bikes and it looked"fabbed" regarding any closure. Could be wrong though. Red trail is only interesting on a cx bike and then only if you stay off the grass lanes. On the fence about tomorrow - might motivate and hit Bear Creek. I'll check the post around 7am tomorrow.
    I would do that.

don't tread on me
    Jun 2004
    sick with what the kids brought home from daycare. stupid viral fetuses

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Some dude died riding near the boat docks , like 10 years ago, so they closed the blue trail to mtb'ers. Its not marked well. If you see a park ranger while on the blue trail, they will ask you to leave.

You can get a good ride on the red trail. I don't care what you ride. Its more cardio then technical assualt. If you park in the right spot you can ride the bridge and link up with the blue for a nice ride. In addition, most of the parks' wildlife resides adjacent to the red trail. So you often see fox, deer and rabbits. Not too shabby. Everytime I'm there (at least once a week) I ride all nice flowing single track, not the horse trail connectors through the grass.

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    I rode there this weekend, red trail. Conditions are pretty good and dry.

For those interested, I've attached a couple maps. Parking for the Red trail is best at the large parking lot @ Rt29 + Knight Rd. Or at the small lot on Knight Rd. by the Dogwood trail.

Parking for the Blue trail is best at the Knight Rd and Ward Rd intersection. Or to ride the other direction, park at Deep Creek Lake.

I didn't see anyone mention the Orange trail. Some good riding there. The most rocky parts in Green Lane. Can be accessed from parking @ Deep Creek.

I live 5min away and ride there frequently. I know all the trails well. If anyone ever wants to ride or needs a guide, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images