Thread: green lane

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

green lane

i was wondering if anyone knew were or if there ary any good trails at green lane state park.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

... and if we just ...

The red trail off of Knight rd is open to MTBs. Its on both sides of the road, some single track on the edge of the lake, and than up in the pines across knight rd. Also the orange trail down by the start of the Perk trail is open. This is a much more Technical trail that is a 4 mile loop. Its fun and much less used that the Red, but not as long. Green lane is a great place to ride if you live local but its not a place many people will travel to ride. Kind of a short ride. Great for after work. Remember that the red trail gets a lot of Equestrian trafic. so watch the blind corners. have fun

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i still am not sur how to get to the orange and red trails. if you were coming from the perkiomen trail up that street were would you go?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Check the trail review section under green lane... there are some directions (don't know how good they are) there. I've never ridden there (yet) so I couldn't tell you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    ok thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I was there riding Mon, Tues and Wednesday this week.

The horses have torn up the trails a lot in the past few weeks. It is also fairly muddy in the lower areas and along the trails that follow the outer edges of the fields.

If you stick to the trails that follow the reservoir and go down near the waters edge (spots where the horses don't go as much) its less muddy and almost enjoyable to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i am the kid that brought in the 08 gary fisher tassajara a couple weeks ago

Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwind105
    I was there riding Mon, Tues and Wednesday this week.

The horses have torn up the trails a lot in the past few weeks. It is also fairly muddy in the lower areas and along the trails that follow the outer edges of the fields.

If you stick to the trails that follow the reservoir and go down near the waters edge (spots where the horses don't go as much) its less muddy and almost enjoyable to ride.
    Just got back from a ride at Green Lane. It is still a little muddy in the lower sections (usual areas) but is mostly dry and horse poop free
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson