Gravity's Gone

Great Weather / Bad Luck

Beautiful weather up on the mountain tonight, But the mechanical bugaboo was in the air. It was just one of those nights. First Peterson punctured a tire that his notubes sealant just couldn't seem to seal so he and his lady bailed early. Then I developed a nasty pinging noise coming from the rear hub area which may or may not be cassette, hub or spoke related - still not sure on that one. Then Josh noticed a bubble on his front tire the size of small tumor, looking like it was gonna pop any minute, so he and Chad bailed. So it was down to Mini and myself. We tried to figure out my problem some more but everything we tried only seemed to make it worse, so we decided to bomb down to the bottom and call it a night and of corurse Mini pinch flatted halfway down and he had to walk it out. Oh well, still better than sitting at home.
    Great Weather / Bad Luck-100_0441.jpg

Great Weather / Bad Luck-100_0444.jpg

Great Weather / Bad Luck-100_0449.jpg

Great Weather / Bad Luck-100_0450.jpg

Great Weather / Bad Luck-100_0451.jpg

Great Weather / Bad Luck-100_0452.jpg

Great Weather / Bad Luck-100_0466.jpg

mtbr member

Sh!t Happens...

....I toasted a Crank Brothers Candy C pedal on last nights ride....body came right off the spindle.....didn't have to duct tape my foot to pedal like the time Wyatt did....was able to ride the spindle home....tonight I am pretty sure I crossthreaded the new pedal i put on....and my bottom bracket sounds like it is on its last legs.....oh well.....
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Did you ever have ham?

Great Weather / Bad Luck

Man, I am really sorry to hear about all the gremlins roaming around!!! You have the right attitude, Nanker. If you sit around the house and start breaking things, the old ball and chain usually gets pretty upset...LOL!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Gravity's Gone

Spit Happens

Yep, it's that time of year. I forgot to mention in my original post that my camera took a crap halfway through the ride, too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    That's the original set of tires so im not to upset about the tumor, those tires have been through a lot

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkjr200
    That's the original set of tires so im not to upset about the tumor, those tires have been through a lot
    Yea you definitely got your money's worth out of them. Looks like my hub needs rebuilt.

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    ....I toasted a Crank Brothers Candy C pedal on last nights ride....body came right off the spindle.....didn't have to duct tape my foot to pedal like the time Wyatt did....was able to ride the spindle home....tonight I am pretty sure I crossthreaded the new pedal i put on....and my bottom bracket sounds like it is on its last legs.....oh well.....
    I had to do the bottom bracket last season. I rode it for quite awhile once it started going bad.

The Krazy Never Die
    so sorry to hi jack your thread nanker. but i just had to say my luck today was very good. I completed the goal i set for myself for the end of the summer. I made it up the jeep road at geisinger without having to push !!!! In fact i didnt have to push at all today. Heathers luck wasnt so good. I took her down the down hill we went down when i snapped the chain on her bike and she crashed right before the water crossing. But shes ok! Amazing how much nicer it is when you have a bike thats the right size.
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

mtbr member
    sorry to hear all the bad luck goin on ... it will get better .. just the beginning of the season .. time to get those bikes in shape again ...

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    You gotta love riding out with one pedal , we did the one pedal beach cruiser slalom @ Millerfest in honor of that ride in mtn top....