mtbr member

Great starter trail

I live near Tamaqua PA, and work near King of Prussia PA so I cover a large area. I was looking for the best places to ride as a begginer. I try to ride around by my house as much as I can. I don't want to ride flat long trails only. I guess anything similiar to single track. I don't mind the rough terrain but would prefer not alot of climbs until I get back into shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim
    Big Man on a Little Bike

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by jminrod
    I live near Tamaqua PA, and work near King of Prussia PA so I cover a large area. I was looking for the best places to ride as a begginer. I try to ride around by my house as much as I can. I don't want to ride flat long trails only. I guess anything similiar to single track. I don't mind the rough terrain but would prefer not alot of climbs until I get back into shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim
    [SIZE="2"]How about he old MTB race course at the Bungalo park in Tamaqua?

Others:

Jim Thorpe
    Nesquehoning
    Mountain Top
    Frances Slocum State Park
    Hazleton rails to trails
    Roaring Creek watershed
    Rattling Creek, Lykens
    Mainville
    Danville behind Geiseinger

Here's our Frances Slocum group:http://www.nepmtba.piczo.com
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    The bungalo trails are pretty neat. I am not sure how many miles there actually are, but there are tons of trail options. The trail head is at the baseball feild behind the community swinning pool.

The Broad Mtn loop is a nice starter trail. Depending on how you mix it up you could do the 9 mile loop or through in some other stuff. ;-). I might ride there Sunday 5/27 morning around 9am.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I would reccommend Forbidden Drive in Fairmount Park. It's not necessarily a trail, but more like a towpath/railtrail. It's about 5.5 miles one way, and there are a few moderate climbs. Also you can branch off to some more difficult trails from there. There are tons of mtbrs there, and it's a beautiful place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The Betzwood trails at Valley Forge Park are decent beginner trails as well. They are pretty flat with a couple short steep sections. There are a couple moderately technical sections, but most of it is pretty smooth and non-technical. The downside is that they are technically not legal trails. There is also a completely flat cinder path that runs along the river, but that pretty much sucks.

By the way, thats one hell of a commute you have there.

mtbr member
    Thanks For the replies. The commute isn't too bad until I have to stay there more than 9 hours. But they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I see 2 people posted about the Bungaalo, I was just curious if it is hard to find your way around there. Also does anyone know anything about how beginer friendly the trails are at French Creek. I do pass there and a friend had mentioned he thought they had bike trails there.
    Big Man on a Little Bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    French Creek is great! The trails aren't to technical but the downhill has a lot of rocks so be sure not to forget your lid. As long as you have some aerobic stamina you will be fine.
    I live a life of paranoia. It keeps me safe!