Gravity's Gone

Great Day to Ride

Three of us - Bear, Jonz187 & myself - braved the elements and the white stuff and had a wonderful ride at Roaring Creek. Thanks to Bear for traveling so far in less than ideal conditions, and thanks to jonzy not just for today but for all the fun rides the past few weeks. I think I spent more time on the ground rolling around in the snow than I did pedaling. Guys, some of those downhill trails that we rode are white knuckle in the middle of the summer in the dryest of conditions. Congratulations on tackling them today on a day when we would have been better off skiing down them.

Great Day to Ride-100_3212.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3271.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3272.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3273.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3412.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3415.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3422c.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3424.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3426.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3427.jpg

Gravity's Gone
    Great Day to Ride-100_3428.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3429.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3431.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3438.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100_3439.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3222.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3252.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3270.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3282.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3292.jpg

Gravity's Gone
    Great Day to Ride-100b3332.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3340.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3350.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3380.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3390.jpg

Great Day to Ride-100b3400.jpg

Did you ever have ham?

Great Day to Ride

Awesome pics! That must have been a brutal riding in that much snow! That is hardcore! Looks like you are getting used to the cold weather, Bear.
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Nice ride guys. Nanker I recommend some hard liquor for that sprained ankle, Can't believe you rode through it!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    That was a very fun, but challenging, way to roll boys. Jonz, you may be one heck of a peddler but holy crow Nanker - my wife thinks you are as crazy as I am and is wondering if it's "a good thing" that we hang out.

Of course, I think it's peachy, and that's what matters, right?

My second-hand Lake winter cycling boots totally rock. I could have had one less layer on the top side as I did get a bit warm at one point, but then the wind kicked up and I was back to "not quite chilly.

I really can't believe how badly Nanker "whanged" his ankle and kept going, but then again maybe I do.

I got a couple pics too, not quite the same quality as Nanker's, but then they're mostly of him anyway ...

Bear, good times today, glad you made the trek.....as I'm sure you know, today's ride was borderline asinine. Looking forward to "normal rides" as weather allows...........

Gravity's Gone
    Great pix, Bear. I'll ride with either of you crazy SOB's any time.
    An update on the ankle:
    The Good: It hasn't swelled near as much as I thought it was going to - this is not to say there isn't any swelling - just not as much as I thought there would be.
    It hasn't turned any pretty colors. I'm taking that as a real good sign.
    It doesn't hurt near as bad as when it first happened.

The Bad: Even though it doesn't hurt as much as this afternoon it still does hurt like a beeotch. Got my fingers crossed for work tomorrow - Wyatt already said I should call in and ride with him as he has the day off.

Bear, glad you're not taking the wife's advice about hanging out with a mountain biking crazy man - birds of a feather so to speak. To see how my better half feels about my mountain biking buddies see my post on this forum entitled "Funny Stuff".

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    It's mostly tongue-in-cheek, but I think this may be the first time in a long time that she's really though hard about my level of sanity.

"borderline asanine" ?? naa. That's me asking the staff at Blue Mountain if I can take my bike up the hill in a couple more weeks.

Holy crow was it a workout today though, my legs are TOAST.

Nank, you taking any anti-inflammatories? May be helpful overnight at least while you're "off" it and with reduced blood flow. Just a thought. Good luck with that ankle buddy.

Gravity's Gone
    The sanity question comes up quite a lot in this sport it seems, not just by spouses either. Let's face it there's definitely a peter pan type thing going on. One of the charms of mountain biking is the certain moments that make you feel like a kid again. A bunch of grown men riding bicycles into the woods and encouraging each other to hurt themselves can definitely be looked at as mentally unstable by significant others or outsiders in general. But I digress - I had one of those peter pan moments when I went barreling down that tech downhill section thinking I was gonna die and yet giggling like a little schoolgirl the whole time. When I got to the bottom and turned around and didn't see any sign of you guys behind me, and I realized how fast I had gone, well even I thought I was insane.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I don't know what you're talking about, I was riding completely sanely and in control the whole time.

In my head.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    looks like you had a great time today.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Heh, almost forgot my favorite picture of the day. Thanks to Panasonic for their Lumix zoom camera here ...

Did you ever have ham?

Great Day to Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Heh, almost forgot my favorite picture of the day. Thanks to Panasonic for their Lumix zoom camera here ...

Wow, how much snow did they get down that way? That must have been torture pedaling through all that! Nanker, I hope your ankle heals quickly!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    The sanity question comes up quite a lot in this sport it seems, not just by spouses either. Let's face it there's definitely a peter pan type thing going on. One of the charms of mountain biking is the certain moments that make you feel like a kid again. A bunch of grown men riding bicycles into the woods and encouraging each other to hurt themselves can definitely be looked at as mentally unstable by significant others or outsiders in general. But I digress - I had one of those peter pan moments when I went barreling down that tech downhill section thinking I was gonna die and yet giggling like a little schoolgirl the whole time. When I got to the bottom and turned around and didn't see any sign of you guys behind me, and I realized how fast I had gone, well even I thought I was insane.
    Well, most of your threads are titled:

[SIZE=4]MEETING OF THE MINDLESS![/SIZE]

Don't let Motoman near Peter Pan he will unscrew Peters head and use it for a bowling ball...LOL

Only Nanker can prevent "SANE" riding!

Just wait till Motoman and I get ya on one of those things with engines attached to them and see what happens!

Nice Rid'in Fellers heres your X-mas present, and don't ask if that's a self portrait
    LMAO
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member

Looks like you pushed it..

...to the limit out there today! Weather up north was brutally cold and windy...woke to 4 degrees where we were.....hope it was a bit warmer for you guys today.....Pics look great....lets hope for a quick recovery for Nanks Ank"..........Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    YOU GUYS ROK!!!
    You Are not *****S!!!
    Keep riddin whether its 4 degrees or 90.
    G
    Great pix
    Yes, Monday and Tuesday are now no longer weekdays. Trust me. LP.
    No Rep/No Problem
    Banned For Boobies WTF?
    Don't PM Me.

Gravity's Gone
    Bear, that is a great pic. I believe I am just starting into the third of the fives spills I took. Roaring Creek is da bomb.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Nanker:

How's the ankle today?

Gravity's Gone
    Well, it's pretty darned sore today. I probably could have gone to work if I absolutely had to, but fortunately with some creative appointment juggling I won't have to go back until Wedndsday. I figure even if it's still pretty bad then I can hobble through the day and then I have off until Jan. 4th so all is well. Thanks for asking.

mtbr member

No riding for us....

....here is what it looked like up in VT:

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I thought about how you were probably out doing turns with your first passion.

GoCyco
    Nov 2005
    Jeff, I was up at Killington too - Fri-Mon. Wish I knew you were there. Would have been great to hook with you for turns and beers.

Did you ever have ham?

Great Night to Ride

You don't need a trained guide to tell you where all the fun is!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Great Day to Ride-dsc01686.jpg