Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Governor Dick / Mt. Gretna Trail Work day 3/27

661 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TheDuchess 
#1 ·
Governor Dick / Mount Gretna Trail Work Day
Please come out to help us care for the trails at GD.

Date: March 27th 2010

Who is invited: Any person or group who uses the trails at Governor Dick

Time: 9am - 1pm??

Meeting Place: Governor Dick Educational Center parking lot off Pinch Rd

What to bring: Gloves, hiking/work boots, wear long pants, water/snack; bring your bike/hiking shoes (whatever) to recreate afterwards

Provided by GD Trail Support Committee: cliff bars, tools

Work Day Agenda: Remove deadfall from trails (branches, logs), removal of leaves near bridges, application of drainage "knicks" where needed, closure of mud hole on trail 13(re-route in place)

Please RSVP so we can adequately plan:
Matt & Desiree McElheny
SAMBA - Governor Dick Trail Support Committee Coordinators
www.sambabiker.com
717-228-1660
trekmtb@msn.com - Desiree
2get@usa.net - Matt

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your response. Any help would be greatly appreciated and reciprocated in some fashion. Mainly my focus with this work day is to clean the crap (branches, logs, rotten trees) off of trails that offer no technical challenge and keep the bridges clear of leaf debris. Trail 15 needs some encouragement in a few areas to keep water flowing off the trail. The snow and rain have taken their toll. With a good enough response I can split folks into groups and have the whole park covered in a few hours. I am also sending this out to non-biking groups too. It would be great to have a great local response from those who use the trails most. Reclaiming trail 4 was a major accomplishment because it allows the bikers to do the best loop at GD. That should be worth some peoples time....right??:confused:

No formal ride after the work day but please feel free to bring your bikes and do so. Perhaps other folks are willing to lead a ride that day.

Thanks again!

Desiree (The Duchess of Ellsworth)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.