mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Good places to ride slightly north of East Stroudsburg?

I'll be staying at some sort of campground, here specifically, next week, and I'm looking for good places to ride that are ideally within 30 minutes. Can anyone offer up any suggestions?

I'm from Allentown, so I don't really need to go south at all, was more thinking it could be a good launch point to get to some spots in the Poconos I wouldn't normally hit. The only place I really know of is Merli, which is normally two hours away, from this place it's an hour away but I'd prefer to keep it around a 30-40 minute drive if I can.

Doesn't need to be a massive parcel of land, looking to do like a 2-3 hour ride, as I don't want to be ditching my family for a whole day.

Thanks!
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Promised land state park, lots of trails there & maps some trails are off limits & i can`t tell you to ride or not to ride them, thats up to you.I will say there is some real nice single track in the area.There is trail all around the delaware state forest as well, but you would need to know your way around,hope that helps a little. KP

trail addict
    I thought Glen Park was a fun place to ride with a little bit of FR, chunky rocks, smooth trails, easy trails.... lots of stuff. I was only there once, but hope to go back. It isn't so far north, though. It is just off of I80 near Stroudsburg.... so not too sure if it meets your geographical requirements.

Have a blast wherever you go!
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Single Track Addict
    There are some trails right near there that you could go explore on.

That said, if you’re looking for more specifics, SGL38 (camelback) or Glen Park (both are about 40 minutes away) would be your best bets.
    Will ride singletrack for food...