mtbr member

Smile good people in our sport

okay so i'm not the most loved but once in a while i get to hang out with some good people. People that bring this sport in their way to the next level. Rob Lichtenwalner has been training me the past year and we've been friends for a long time. He lead me around nj/pa on century fixed gear rides all winter and i'm trying to repay him with some wins this year. Some of you may know him and he's the real deal. He's got no fluff, he keeps it simple and he races and rides his ass off. he fits rides with me when he can(of course he brings a DH bike to make it even) but that's the deal we have.

the thing about rob is he's got something many of us wish we had....an unbeleivable talent to ride good and ride fast for a real long time. Like he says......"that's how i roll". He checks his attitude at the door and watch out when he puts his "dead elvis" face on b/c he never remembers seeing you b/c he's so gosh darn focused. While I'm thinking about leaving the garage door open he's thinking about when he's gonna hammer it.

in some ways we're complete opposite, but last year he could see i was in a hole and he got me out. When we ride there's no forum crap, we just ride. Tonight was funny b/c i did my usual advocacy rant and tongith esp, but he just laughed and said "that stuff's gonna kill ya"

My point to all this is my other coach and long time friend; Jay dejesus(which needs no introduction) did a kick ass article on him on the next issue of Dirt Rag. Soooooooo please check it out if you can. Many think he rides so fast b/c he must just ride........but as you'll see in the article it's not even close.

i know he never checks these forums, so thanks Rob for all you do. You keep me sane and you keep me pedalin'!

That's how we roll!

Freshly Fujified

Good stuff, Joe

And for the record, I can't stand you.

Best wishes for success this year and I'm looking forward to next week's ride.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    what joe? no one likes him.

good to see you've got good people around you. i don't recall if i've met rob, but i'll agree that jay is good people in mt biking.

there's another one down your way by the name of sharer, if he's not too busy, include him, you'll be the better for it.

and stay the hell away form me!