mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Gold Mine Rd to Spechty Kopf - Game Commission?

2 years ago I rode from the intersection of Gold Mine Road and PA 325 to Spechty Kopf and back via Greenland Road. There were a large amount of single track trails all through that area. In a rainstorm I took a wrong turn and rode down to PA 209 on single track!

This route was a good early season training route that could be ridden wet if you stayed on the dirt road and when dry you could climb to your heart's content on single track to the north side of the road.

How much of this road is open to ride or did the Game Commission close it down???

Please advise!

ZIT30/34

Advice from my wife - "Just shut up and pedal."

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm not sure about the PA Gamelands right there, but you are next door to the Rattling Creek riding area in Weiser State Forest that is legal and great to ride.

http://home.epix.net/~rebjsw/RCSTWeb/

http://rcst1.blogspot.com/
    Video Production for Energy & The Environment
    www.levelaproductions.com

my church is the woods

maybe

If it's singletrack on sgl's it's probably not "legal" to ride. there designated route list is here . That looks like SGL 210 and it does mention Greenland road and some spurs off that being designated routes

There are a also a few routes open along Gold Mine Rd. (SGL 211) I like riding the old upper RR bed just north of stoney valley rail trail, out past rausch gap. there's a loot of good info here on that area. Lots of history! But beware of the bigass rattlers if you ride there in the summer.