mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Glenn Park Stroudsurg Pa

Hey Everyone I was just looking for some info on the park. I see videos and reviews but they are from a few years ago. I was wondering if the park was still there as well as if the trails are still being taken care of?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardman27 View Post
    Hey Everyone I was just looking for some info on the park. I see videos and reviews but they are from a few years ago. I was wondering if the park was still there as well as if the trails are still being taken care of?
    I'm pretty sure I've seen Dan at The Poconos' Premier Bike Shop | Vertical Earth Mountain Sports talking about that area, I don't know if you can find him directly here on MTBR but do know you can at his shop or over on the facecrap network.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Trails are still there and mostly rideable although the last time I was there (last summer) there were a few dirt bikes just going out as I pulled into the lot. Ran into them a few times out on the trails. I didn't think it was legal for them to be riding the trails. I agree with Bear. Check out Vertical Earth. Maybe they can show you around. There really isn't a map of all of the trails. The jumps are still there to the left of the parking lot.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks everyone appreciate it. Hope to ride there this year

mtbr member
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...32266,0.052314

Someone (not me) posted a GPS track on Google maps last year. It's been a while since I've been there, but that looks like the gist of things. Be aware, there are tons of random trails throughout the park. Some lead places, some don't. It's a bit of a free-for-all out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I used to ride there a few times a week the last 2 years. I went to school at Esu. I still go up to Esu to visit the gf and ride the trails there. It is all still there. When you get there is the entrance on your right that is where the jumps are and the trail to the left is the single track.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That's great news!! I cant wait to get up there and see it. I really appreciate the responses

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Beardman27 View Post
    That's great news!! I cant wait to get up there and see it. I really appreciate the responses
    Let me know if ya want a fellow rider, I hit that twice last year, and know my way around!

Cat Herder
    I've got a few more tracks here of the area. These adhere to mostly XC trails, no gravity stuff here. If you click on the endpoint marker, you'll get some stats and elevation and distance... so you can see how slow my ass is!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...a3c387cff25174

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...355e57541009ad

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...8b770f03c6c50c

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...7635a0327352cc
    It's never too late to re-invent the bicycle

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Glenn Park Stroudsurg Pa

If you go into stroudburg Main Street. There is a bike shop called vertical earth. The owner knows a lot and can help you. Also they have some nice bikes to demo. I think the owner is on this site. He is big into down hill.

trail addict
    Wow, nice. I keep trying to get a day to head over that way. Since it looks like you know your way around (judging by maps), could you tell where the gravity stuff is? I have been under the impression that if I went to the end of Godfrey Ridge Rd and explored a little, I would find some cool stuff, but then again, sometimes these things are a little more hidden or tucked away someplace you wouldn't expect.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Cat Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack View Post
    Wow, nice. I keep trying to get a day to head over that way. Since it looks like you know your way around (judging by maps), could you tell where the gravity stuff is? I have been under the impression that if I went to the end of Godfrey Ridge Rd and explored a little, I would find some cool stuff, but then again, sometimes these things are a little more hidden or tucked away someplace you wouldn't expect.
    Yes, go to the end of Godfrey Ridge Rd. Take a left at the gate and in that vicinity begins some downhill stuff. It's tough to be more specific, as I haven't rode around those parts much. There are some features and such.
    It's never too late to re-invent the bicycle

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I posted on their FB page:

Hi Guys, Were getting a Ride group together this Saturday 3/9/13 at Glen Park. Leaving Wyoming Valley in the AM should be the before Noon, if anyone would like to join us jump right in. More details to follow. Thanks!

Of course mtbr viewers are also invited to join us! Hopefully we can get a big spring fever ride going.

fish
    Oct 2012
    I wasnt too impressed with Glenn park whe we rode there last summer. The trails were tough to ride on from all the motorcycles ripping them up. But you won't know till you go. Enjoy your ride!!!!I hope to ride moonlake or somewhere!!!!
    Don't Limit your Challenges...Challenge your Limits!!!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Been there many times...
    ...feel right at home in Motoland type trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Glenn Park Stroudsurg Pa

I can't meet up for the group ride this time. But 3 months I'm going back to grad school and should be riding there alot.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Hey 450,

Great news well keep that in mind for future.

Looks like only a few of us so far, and Vertical Earth has kept me up on trail conditions, you know this time of year is tough. I don't wanna ruin stuff out there.

Beardman you still in? DR6 and Rhines are riding mOOn

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yea lee I'm in email me and let me know whose going