Thread: Glen Park

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Glen Park

I'm proably going to Glen Park to ride this summer or maybe this week over spring break. I want to make sure I know how to get there. A little bit past the intersection of collins and Huston is a baseball field with a paking lot. From that parking lot how do I get to the top of the trails. If someone has the time could u make a map of it on Google Earth. Thanks alot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Go left and hike up. FYI things are kinda still on the DL. If you hike from the bottom you should be ok though. Its a good idea to ride with people that ride there. Alot of blind spots and advanced riding no matter what bike your on.

mtbr member
    word, keep the trails on the DL, ill be out there today on an 08 glory.
    I like to ride bikes fast.

mtbr member
    "DL"? Try "PM"!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    whats so secret about glen park? anyone can google it, haha

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

??????

The DL?

How do you keep a place that everyone knows about and has been riding since the 80's on the DL?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    There hasn't been much riding there the last couple of years. There's more quads and moto which has raised issues more and more. I would say myself and a few others talked to the police with their lights on probably 5 times last year. Seriously its just become sensitive to DH there. For instance where you could shuttle in the past and park wherever.....now you have to park in certain parts of the road to not piss off the local residents who call the 5 o. Anotherr example last year we rode past the ppl guy while he was working, and he called the cops on us.
    Cross country is good there and as long as you start from the bottom you won't have issues. There is still DH there which is good. Alot of stuff has changed since the 80's by the way too. From time to time there is a big group of DH'ers but usually just a few of us. Hope people understand myself or others won't put directions on any sites for the above reasons. Hope you understand for as this is generally protocal for the good dh spots. Trails don't last forever ....... if you can find it, god bless ya and we'll see you out there. RPR RACING

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

jaycloud32

You have a PM