memento mori
    Feb 2004

Gettysburg riding

I'm going to be in Gettysburg for a week this summer,looking to ride.Whats my best bet?Road or mountian?FWIW I'm a 34 yr old expert on mountian,cat 3-4-ish type roadie.Thanks from a visiting Mass-hole

my church is the woods

mountain!!

you have to bring your mountain bike, without a doubt! Gettysburg is very close to Michaux State Forest witch holds some of the best mountain biking opportunities in the eastern US.
    you could check out the maps for the 3 different races . or find some riders willing to show you around. Unless your not into rocky technical terrain with lungbuster climbs and sweet enduro singletrack, then bring your road bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Michaux is the Real Deal!!

No compromise here. People drive hours to ride there, so take advantage of it. Good luck.

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    Sweet.Mountian it is.Thanks.

mtbr member
    I ride my Road Bike from Wilkes-Barre to Gettysburg each year and it;s a great ride, however if you're just going down for a few days, take the Mt. Bike and ride the trails, there're awsome!!
    Being on a road bike during the tourist season thru Gettysburg is klike taking your life in your own hands!!