mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Geisinger trails

Hello all...I am working in Danville for a week and found out there is trails here to ride. So I went to check it out after work Friday and seen that a trail was beautifully raked and ready to ride( great work) I walked it for about 5 minutes to see how it looked. I would like to ride there this Tuesday or Wednesday and was wondering how many trails there r raked nice? I will only b able to get there after work about 3:45 and start riding about 4. Is night riding allowed? Its prob. Gonna get dark by 5. Could someone give me some advice and the best route to take. Thank you!!

Gravity's Gone
    We usually climb the jeep road to a clearing known as "the bowl" - you'll know it when you see it. There is a trail immediately to the right which leads to all the other trails on that side of the mountain. If you continue past the bowl and up another hill there are two trails on the left - one at the top of the climb, the other about a quarter mile further - that lead to the trails on that side. Try to stay away from trails where you pass a sign that says "Leaving Geisinger Stewardship Forest Etc." as most but not all of these are off limits during hunting season. Many people night ride there.

Have fun and bring your climbing legs.

If you have a light I'd be happy to show you around one day this week, but I can't make it there until 6pm. Sadly, some of the best trails are off limits during hunting season. From the parking lot I always climb the snake trail, then usually go from there. You can't really get lost there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks Nanker and Jonz for ur information. I do have lights but I wont be able to ride that late...I was planning on being done by about 6...I have an hour and 45 min. drive home and have to be back in the morning to work again by 7. I did park in the lot and went up that black snake trail for only about 5 mins....it was all up and up and up!! It will b fun coming down. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks Nanker and Jonz for ur information. I do have lights but I wont be able to ride that late...I was planning on being done by about 6...I have an hour and 45 min. drive home and have to be back in the morning to work again by 7. I did park in the lot and went up that black snake trail for only about 5 mins....it was all up and up and up!! It will b fun coming down. Thanks again.