Spring! Spring! Spring!

Friday 8/16 - Allentown Exploration

I'll be down in Allentown friday morning having a car check-up at Faulkner VW and am planning on going riding somewhere after I get free of that.

I'm assuming (dangerously) that I'll be free about 10am so could probably be somewhere trail-ish as quickly as 10:30.

In lieu of a single big ride, I'm thinking of making it a multi-stage day and hitting a few of the locations around town that otherwise wouldn't be, to me, enough a pull to make the drive.

Thinking about "brunch" on South Mtn, afternoon on Sals (maybe start around 1:30pm), with maybe a Nox dessert before heading back north and homeward if there's any daylight left.

If there's anyone interested in joining in on the fun company would of course be welcome, I'll otherwise be in exploratory-mode on my own.

Oh, and I only today noticed the whole waiver/letter thing for Sals, if I get that into the mail and carry a copy will that be enough to satisfy the Powers That Be?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I was wondering what waiver you were talking about. Never noticed you needed one until I just read your post. Guess I'm not the only one who never filled one out.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If you can push brunch back to 2pm, I should be able to join you at S. Mtn. PM me if you're interested.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    dankilling: I'll let you know one way or the other by Thurs night, thanks for the offer. It's reasonably possible.

mtbr member
    Pray for sunny days.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Don't worry about the waiver. It only came about when night riding was made allowed. If you rode there like all the time it'd be a good idea to sign one tho.
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Crap- looks like I have to work Friday afternoon. Sorry!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    ah, well, thanks anyway Dan.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    That was you at Nox this afternoon right? If so it was very nice to chat with you for a bit! Hope the rest of your ride was great.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    yup, that was me E. Pleasant running into you too.

I had a great exploratory ride over at South Mountain in Emmaus after my car service was wrapped up, grabbed a snack and then went down and hit Nox.

I didn't realize there were as many parking locations to access Nox trails, I went with the boat launch area. That worked out well for me though considering the direction I came from and had to head back out to.

The Nox run was a tasty dessert to South Mtn. Reminded me of some trails I used to run in Texas, nothing up here in Wilkes-Barre though, for sure. Was a nice change of pace. I had a great time ripping around, next time I'm down there I need to double-up though - run it ping-pong as a I call it to double up the experience. ;^)