SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006

Frick Bootleg tonight Sept 18th

not my race but sounds like a good time be there!!!

https://sites.google.com/site/bootle...tes%2Fprint%2F

my fun has a hurting
    they had a couple of my normal routes blocked off for this. it would have been nice if they opened the stuff back up after they were done...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just curious to what some of you ride there......

I always start out coming down my driveway, ride a block down South Braddock to Kensington, up Kensington and in to the park, and then through the park to the entrance of the Homewood Cemetary, down the Tranquil Trail, down along the parking lots and then along the soccer field, left on to the 9 Mile Trail, Left on to the Braddock Trail, up along South Braddock again, and then left on to Forbes, across the bridge and back in to the woods at that brick structure, then climb up up up to the nature trail, down the nature trail to the intersection of the Riverview Trail, up to the Upper River View, and on to the River View extension, and then back down River view to the bottom of the park again, and then climb Tranquil Trail. Anyone guess the mileage on that? I know, I need a computer.

So after that, I ride some of the single track at the Reynolds Street neck of the park.

One area I want to explore more is all the single track I see jetting off of the Riverview Extension Trail.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    By the way, anyone on here own a Trek 69'er SS, saw you yesterday in the park, no helmet on. Just wanted to know your bike set up for riding the park

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cdburch
    they had a couple of my normal routes blocked off for this. it would have been nice if they opened the stuff back up after they were done...
    lol we shut nothing down....alot of blow down from the wind last weekend...

this was fun race that was unofficailly not a closed course.

VWMTBSCOTT i dont know the name but can ride with you someday, you might find something new with me I dont know.
    Last edited by BushwackerinPA; 09-20-2008 at 05:08 AM.

my fun has a hurting
    thats cool. i guess it just looked like some things were closed down because only the course (marked w/white lines) was opened up again in some spots and it looked like trees had been moved off the side in spots that actually blocked some of the other trails.

btw i ride in frick every friday evening with a few friends. if anyone ever wants to join us we leave from the tennis court lot at 6 or 630. the rides are usually posted here: http://dorc-pgh.com

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    chris the guy that I use to ride with at south park on the SS DJ bike, this is Josh I use to ride with you guys at south park. I had the red haro

I was down there at frick one friday and you guys werent there! hope to join in sometime.

my fun has a hurting
    i'm not chris, i'm colin. chris is usually too busy riding to look at the computer when he's not at his shop. but yeah it has ben a little spotty because i have been totally swamped at work for the last month or so. we also have a habit of starting everything late so we probably showed up after you got tired of waiting and left...