mtbr member

French Creek - Trails off Shed Road

Anybody ride the trails off Shed Road recently and know the conditions or have recommend for or against riding them?

I normally ride the trials on the park side of shed/345, i.e. boone, turtle, lenape, etc. I figure the shed road trails would add some more mileage, rather than doing a double back on the trails inside the park, but only if they are worth doing.

Any info is appreciated.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It's been a while since I have ridden those trails but they were some of the more challenging trails in the park. Some of them had more rocks then dirt. They were a lot of fun though.

You have to be careful which trails you go on. I remember some of them were closed to biking and you have to be careful to stay out of hopewell furnace.

mtbr member
    That's my recollection as well. I used to ride them a lot and then kind of just stuck with the ones in the main park for some reason.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I've ridden them a number of times this year. I always take the fire road/gravel trail and then go left when I get to the top of the hill to ride the loop clockwise. There are usually a few wet spots down at the bottom of the first downhill and as you start the climb back out, but all of the trails are clear and rideable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I believe you are talking about the millers point area. I rode that area a few times in the past week. I've got a good 17 mile loop from the hopewell lot that hits both sides of the park. It's in great shape but like others have mentioned, it's the more challenging side of the two. There's a sweet 6 minutes decent from the top going clockwise. You pay for it though. Getting there and back. Also check out the buzzard loop lollipop while you're out there for another mile and a half.

mtbr member
    thanks eness and eonicks. That's what I was looking for.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eonicks View Post
    There's a sweet 6 minutes decent from the top going clockwise. You pay for it though. Getting there and back. Also check out the buzzard loop lollipop while you're out there for another mile and a half.
    Yep. That downhill is followed by a long tedious climb to get back up to the top. If you do it the "wrong" way (counterclockwise), its even worse. I park on shed rd and do that loop first, so that the climb isn't the last portion of my ride.

The buzzard loop - the last time I tried to ride it was august 2 years ago. It was very overgrown with sticker bushes and the mosquitos were out of control. I haven't ventured into it since.