mtbr member

French Creek / State Park trail clean up question

Are state park officials receptive to volunteer trail clean up? I know things are "by the book" on state park grounds. I was surprised by the number of deadfalls at French Creek. Many seemed like they had been there a while. I know we / Mt. bikers were quick to organize and mobilze to open Blue Marsh this winter. I wonder if the state prefers doing it themselves in the park or if the effort has not been made yet. Anyone know details?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hey cdrush if you remember bill from the clean up at blue marsh he had the other chain saw, he helps out at french creek with a small group of people who are like us and gets the rangers blessing from what he says.Also blue marsh has more trees down again! I came across the ranger who meet up with us in the winter and he asked if we wanted to help dig trenches and lay stone and pipe and more stone down at the muddy spots at different sections of trail this won't happen untill june I told him to give me a call a month before so I can get the word out.Do you want me to give bill and see when they are going to start cleaning up at french creek? Jim

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I could rally a few more people to pitch-in @ FC and in June @ BM. I was out at Blue Marsh today- rode from Stilling basin out to Justa and back, there was only one blow-down (that I remember), just before 7mi hill - other than that, fairly clear on that side. If you guys find out more about the clean-up at French Creek, leave a post, i'd be more than willing to help. Darren

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hey guys....I help out with the maint at French Creek with a group called PaTH. Feel free to join us anytime. Here is a link to our website with all of our planned trail days. There will be more days added as we start to plan this years reroutes. http://www.patrailhands.org/