mtbr member

French Creek Park (pics)

Did some riding at French Creek the last two weekends. Trail conditions are good (technical as ever). I would say fairly light MTB traffic, a few hikers and no horses or signs of horses. Had fun!

Lance who?

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

See anyone yesterday?

Jay DeJesus was supposed to be out at French yesterday. Anyone see one of the new EWR protos?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Jay DeJesus was supposed to be out at French yesterday. Anyone see one of the new EWR protos?
    Ken and Crew had a stand set up at the Shop,swap and save event in Westminster MD today and I got to see the new bikes in person and they've really outdone themselves with the new frames... I cant wait to get one
    Those who know can not explain, Those who don't can not understand

Smith & Wesson, The original point and click user interface

Fossil

French Creek and EWR

I was at French Creek the two weekends prior to last weekend.

First weekend of the two I rolled the dice by not bringing a pump or CO2 and lost. So I took the bike for a nice 3 mile walk thanks to a big-A thorn puncture. From your pix it looks like they were taken the same weekend as my hike.

Second weekend of the two found temps a bit warmer and trails a bit wetter and lots more people out. At least there was less ice over the "criks". And no flats, thanks to the presence of a pump on my bike.

Sunday I was in Westminster MD for my first Shop Swap and Save and it was pretty cool. Met Ken (hey, Ken) and crew and enjoyed checking out the nudey frame and the finished bikes. Darn nice stuff.
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

mtbr member
    And no flats, thanks to the presence of a pump on my bike.
    I've been carrying around a single CO2 and a patch kit for at least 5 years now... not a single flat. (Don't tell my bike but I'm not even sure I still have the nipple thingy for the cartridge.) When I ride at French I always put a few extra lbs of air in so I don't pinch flat over those jagged baby heads.
    Lance who?

mtbr member
    I havent had a flat a French Creek since I went tubeless in 01 unfortunately I dont get to ride there as much as I would like to and usually end up at Blue Marsh since it is closer to home.

I hope to get there soon now that my hand is healed up and I can ride again
    Those who know can not explain, Those who don't can not understand

Smith & Wesson, The original point and click user interface