Thread: french creek

in the getto

french creek

Had a great ride today at French Creek myself and gritsngravy. We totaled 16 miles of rocky trail (Lenape&Turtle - Red&White).Only our 2nd time here,if it wasn't for the traffic on the slow-kill expressway on the weekends we would ride here often to mix it up with Wiss.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I want to ride french creek tomorrow, I have never been there. Are there maps availible and what trails are good. Just looking for an intermediate ride maybe 6-10 miles.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Download a map off the DNR website

Quote Originally Posted by mivo
    I want to ride french creek tomorrow, I have never been there. Are there maps availible and what trails are good. Just looking for an intermediate ride maybe 6-10 miles.
    Thanks
    Last fall I downloaded a map of French Creek off of the Penna DNR website. SEARCH French Creek State Park and find a map. I tried to ride the 9.5 mile race course that was run for the race there in October. Some of the trails in the park are closed to bikes now. The map I had showed which trails where closed to bikes. Are you ready for some ROCKS??? I was hoping not to see another rock for the rest of my life after that ride. I was also hoping for a FEW more inches of travel in both front and rear for the trails there. If I were you, stay away from RED/WHITE trail on the other side of Rt 345, the clockwise uphill climb back to Mill Creek is a nasty "rocky, tree-struned, dry creek bed" that goes on for about 3/4 of a mile. Have fun!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks man, I always have fun when I get to ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Park office

If you follow Park Rd. to the park office (you'll see signs leading to it), there are maps available outside, on the information board. You can pick one up even if the office is closed.

I generally find the supplied maps superior to the ones I can print at home because they're more readable.

I hope this helps.

mtbr member

Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by XCBob
    Last fall I downloaded a map of French Creek off of the Penna DNR website. SEARCH French Creek State Park and find a map. I tried to ride the 9.5 mile race course that was run for the race there in October. Some of the trails in the park are closed to bikes now. The map I had showed which trails where closed to bikes. Are you ready for some ROCKS??? I was hoping not to see another rock for the rest of my life after that ride. I was also hoping for a FEW more inches of travel in both front and rear for the trails there. If I were you, stay away from RED/WHITE trail on the other side of Rt 345, the clockwise uphill climb back to Mill Creek is a nasty "rocky, tree-struned, dry creek bed" that goes on for about 3/4 of a mile. Have fun!!!
    Bob? The Red/White is the best part of French Creek IMHO. That trail is as nasty as it gets, not steep, not long, but what fun. The other good spot is the rock garden on Lenape before you get to the toll/ building on the way to the Red/White. I think that is the picture above? I can tell you that I have often thought they must have imported rocks in some evil anti-bike thing. LOL The one thing I hate, are the bridges in the picture above. I had a bad fall when it was wet, and the supports stick out from the side and I went over the bars