mtbr member

Freeride Trail @ North Park?

I was browsing the PTAG website and saw they put in a Freeride trail @ North Park! I have only rode NP 3 times and twice was when I was at the Trek Demo.

Any maps floating around of these trails and does anyone know about this Freeride trail?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I believe you will find a link on it at PORC. I cant explain where the trail is at b/c i am terrible with directions, but it is near the swimming pool. It isnt done yet and there is a ton of work that needs to be put into it. We cleaned up some sections last fall, added a good sized berm, put in a solid bridge. More features are going to be added this spring (a few ladder bridge drops, a nice TT jump and a few skinnies at the end. Right now it is more like a steep trail with some nice beginner to intermediate sized drops. April 23 or 24 is going to be an imba trail crew weekend for that specific trail i believe. If the trail takes off, i would expect that it wont be the last. There are some pretty good builders focusing on the trail so i expect it will be a very solid first attempt at man made features in a county park. pretty fast and flowy.

Hope that helps. The porc site has a bit more. I believe the thread is under the title DR. J.