Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Freeride Thursdays In Reading 5pm

This thursday there will be a box truck doing shuttle runs in Reading near the Pagoda. Idea is to meet at the fire tower on Skyline Dr. around 5pm Thursday evening(s). This Thursday will be the first one and depending on interest and turn out this could be a weekly thing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I f-ed my front fork up about 2 months ago on my bike and am jonesin to downhill. I finally got some $ together and I am going to get it fixed asap. Maybe next Thursday or the one after.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    cool, we can hopefully get some turnout to make it worth it.

mtbr member
    I'll be there. just need to bleed my brakes first. The fluid's cooked after a week at whistler.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    5:00 pm on a weekday????? dang college kids......

wish i could, but weekends are about all i can manage....any chance of box truck shuttles on a weekend? seems like that would have more potential for interest/involvement.....

mtbr member
    I'll do my best to get up there for a few runs. This will be my first time on a bike in six or so weeks since I busted the collarbone. Don't laugh if I'm slow...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm pretty sure the only day convienent for Danny (Freeride thursday's host) to get the box van from his work is Thursday. Hense the name - Otherwise sat or sunday would obviously be more convienent.

I'll prolly be there closer to 6pm. Need to sand down some fresh scratches on my stankchungs.

Are we gonna stick mainly to the frontside/A-line side of things?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

keep up a good thing

just got back from the thursday freeride,it was frikin great to get out shuttleling on a thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 riders is a good start i hope we keep it up. and a big shut out for spokes bike shop for takin care of a return , good people ,good shop they got my vote for the next sweet rig or part thankx guys see ya on the weekend or next THURSDAY ........later

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I second that!

Spokes bike shop is looking to help out and get into the FR/DH scene and with free box van shuttling on a kickass local spot, who can argue.

To anyone interested in goin next thursday that wasn't able to make it this thursday - Arrive Early! It was just about too dark to ride by 7:30, and it will get earlier every week. The closer to 5 you arrive the more runs you get.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    how long do you guys think it would take to get there from Philly? I'd be interested in checking the area out. I'm not huge into FR, but I like to hit some jumps and drops when I can. I've been hearing about these trails, but have not managed to venture out there yet. anyone have any pics of some of the features?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I would say it will take about 1.5 hours max depending on which part of "philly" ur in. It takes me about 45 mins to get to the hocky/football/baseball stadium/arena area in philly, and about 30 mins to get to reading, and im about in a direct route between philly and reading, so adding them up about 1.25 hours. I'm not sure which part of philly your located but that should give you a rough idea.

See if you can find any threads on the Duryea Downhill race if your interested in photos. It was a race held by the former Reading Racing team, and they did a pretty kickass job for a local event. Pictures from that will give you a good idea of the style of trails you'll find here, some are different no doubt, but most of them have the same "feel" i.e. good general speed, sharper turns, loose baby heads, short lipped jumps, you'll get the idea.

mtbr member
    Is there another Freeride Thursday tonight? My work schedule changed so I am around if anyone can ride tonight. The old lady works a full day today so I won't have to bail early like last week...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

spokes bike shop rocks

another great summer shuttle sponsered by spokes bike shop!!!!!!!! thankx ,see ya next week will post if shuttlin on the weekend sat. looks like a wash out ,sun. looks good willpost friday night. later

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The bike is at the shop. Just took it there today. It may take two weeks or so till I get it back. I am so wanting to downhill it isn't even funny. Its only been like 2 1/2 months

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The bike is at the shop. Just took it there today. It may take two weeks or so till I get it back. I am so wanting to downhill it isn't even funny. Its only been like 2 1/2 months. I have to get used to the bike all over again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Nice job on the front side trail! I would also like to thank Spokes for the shuttle truck, This week looks to be cooler and less dusty. Way to go Spokes for supporting the DH/FR scene.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'll be there tomorrow with a friend from York. We may be a few minutes late. Thanks again to Spokes for midweek shuttles!

mtbr member
    Bump....

Will be there today, don't worry if you're a little late. The shuttle's usually a little late too. We just do self shuttles till it arrives.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Hey, tell me when you guys do this again!!!! I am down for it.

mtbr member
    Tony, read the title. It's every thursday at 5pm.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    freerideu - Nolan and I were doing some trailwork (cleaned up the overgrowth on Dane's run so its ridable again, and cut down the big ass slanted tree towards the end of FU, with nolan's kick ass 20" stihl chainsaw he got) this weekend and we decided to look into the trail idea you had - On the race course after the first road crossing, you shoot down the hill and hit the jump off the "wall" straight, instead of to the left and down the rest of the race course. We found a kick ass trail, didn't ride it but scoped it out and theres some serious potential there for a fast, steep, switchback filled trail unlike anything else at reading right now. The cool thing is its already a "Trail", looks like an old bike trail or maybe a hiking trail, it won't need much work to session it smoothly. Check it out on thursday if your going this week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile chernobyl
    freerideu - Nolan and I were doing some trailwork (cleaned up the overgrowth on Dane's run so its ridable again, and cut down the big ass slanted tree towards the end of FU, with nolan's kick ass 20" stihl chainsaw he got) this weekend and we decided to look into the trail idea you had - On the race course after the first road crossing, you shoot down the hill and hit the jump off the "wall" straight, instead of to the left and down the rest of the race course. We found a kick ass trail, didn't ride it but scoped it out and theres some serious potential there for a fast, steep, switchback filled trail unlike anything else at reading right now. The cool thing is its already a "Trail", looks like an old bike trail or maybe a hiking trail, it won't need much work to session it smoothly. Check it out on thursday if your going this week.
    Can't wait. We're riding at my trail on tuesday after work if you can make it. any of you regulars are invited too just pm me for directions.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the offer but Tuesdays and Thursdays are taken due to my 13 hours of school on each day haha. On the flip side, Monday, wed, or friday are days I could shift my work schedule around to ride at your trails or reading, let me know if your planning to do anything those days. This friday nolan and I were planning on working on the "new" trail at reading.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    mobile chernoblyl,that trail is called "area 51",steep and lose,thats one of my favorite controlled skid trails,gets alot of leave build up at the bottom,and is a pain to keep open when not ridden often.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks RR - Now that we got a name, we'll give it a little face lift, although it looked pretty well tracked. Where abouts does it connect or dump you out at the end? Can we expect to reconnect with the race course, or expect to meet up more towards the trail that dumps you out at the school on the front side?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast